Security SIG: meeting schedule through 2019

Kay Williams

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know about a change in our meeting schedule for the rest of the year.

Typically we meet every other Tuesday at 8 AM Pacific, just ahead of bi-weekly TOC meeting. A few factors are making us rethink this schedule for November and December:

  1. Many of our sig-security members are also actively involved in the Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) Working Group – a partnership with the Consortium for Information and Software Quality (CISQ). This group is hard at work delivering a draft industry standard specification in November with a round of updates in December.
  2. With the holidays, many people with be away from work in late November and again in late December.

Given these items, we have decided to keep focus and momentum by merging efforts between the security-sig and the SBOM working group through the end of the year. During that time our plan is as follows:

  • Briefly suspend bi-weekly security-sig meetings from 11/5 through 12/31.
  • Report on security-sig related topics, including the SBOM effort, in bi-weekly TOC meetings.
  • Reconvene security-sig meetings again beginning January 14th.

This is an exciting time - we are seeing individuals and organizations across the industry engage to create standards for Software Supply Chain Security. We look forward to launching a first draft standard this year, and additional collaboration in 2020!

Sincerely,

Kay, Brian and Fred

SIG Security co-chairs

David Lai <David.Lai1@...>

can someone share what is the meeting schedule and meeting bridge for 2020?

Thanks,
David

Kay Williams

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out.  We haven’t set this up yet for 2020, as a number of the sig participants have been focused on activities in the Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) Working Group (see https://www.it-cisq.org/software-bill-of-materials/).

If folks are interested in more information, or in joining the SBOM working group, let me know.

Kay