Date   

Agenda: MLOps Sig Meeting tomorrow

Animesh Singh
 

Please add your agenda for tomorrow's MLOps Sig Meeting at 9:30 (2/27)

Agenda Doc: http://bit.ly/mlops-sig
https://zoom.us/j/888870104



Mail list: sig-mlops@...
Github: https://github.com/cdfoundation/sig-mlops


MLOps Sig

Animesh Singh
 


MLOps Sig

Animesh Singh
 


Re: MLOps Sig

Animesh Singh
 

Hi Dan

The calendar was empty this morning - not showing any meetings. I had to put one there. Also the main wiki still points to the old Zoom link ICS - so I am not sure at this what ICS folks have used to import meetings?

Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


Re: MLOps Sig

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hi Animesh,
I dont see any anomalies other than a dual booking. If 930a PT is the time, we can update the main calendar. There is an entry in a public google calendar so to let the community at-large know when the meeting is.  Please let me know what is buggy on the calendar so we can fix it. 

Best,

Dan


MLOps Sig

Animesh Singh
 


Re: MLOps Sig

Animesh Singh
 

All

So we are going to stop relying on LF calendar as it has been buggy and use personal meeting invite for future meetings, and will go back to the original time of 9:30 AM PST on every other Thursday, starting today.

https://zoom.us/j/888870104


Cancelled Event: MLOps Sig #cal-cancelled

sig-mlops@lists.cd.foundation Calendar <sig-mlops@...>
 

Cancelled: MLOps Sig

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 13 February 2020
9:30am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/888870104

Organizer: MLOps Sig singhan@...

Description:

https://zoom.us/j/888870104
Mail list: sig-mlops@...

Github: https://github.com/cdfoundation/sig-mlops

 

The MLOps SIG meets every other week at 9:30 AM Pacific, on Thursdays -- 


Updated Event: MLOps Sig #cal-invite

sig-mlops@lists.cd.foundation Calendar <sig-mlops@...>
 

MLOps Sig

When:
Thursday, 13 February 2020
9:30am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/888870104

Organizer: MLOps Sig singhan@...

Description:

https://zoom.us/j/888870104
Mail list: sig-mlops@...

Github: https://github.com/cdfoundation/sig-mlops

 

The MLOps SIG meets every other week at 9:30 AM Pacific, on Thursdays -- 


Updated Event: MLOps Sig #cal-invite

sig-mlops@lists.cd.foundation Calendar <sig-mlops@...>
 

MLOps Sig

When:
Thursday, 13 February 2020
9:30am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/888870104

Organizer: MLOps Sig singhan@...

Description:

https://zoom.us/j/888870104
Mail list: sig-mlops@...

Github: https://github.com/cdfoundation/sig-mlops

 

The MLOps SIG meets every other week at 9:30 AM Pacific, on Thursdays -- 


Event: Animesh Singh #cal-invite

sig-mlops@lists.cd.foundation Calendar <sig-mlops@...>
 

Animesh Singh

When:
Thursday, 13 February 2020
9:30am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/888870104

Organizer: MLOps Sig singhan@...

Description:

https://zoom.us/j/888870104
Mail list: sig-mlops@...

Github: https://github.com/cdfoundation/sig-mlops

 

The MLOps SIG meets every other week at 9:30 AM Pacific, on Thursdays -- 


MLOps Sig

Animesh Singh
 

Hi All

Please note the timing of the MLOps Sig meetings have changed to 9 AM (instead of 9:30 AM), and Zoom link is updated as well. If you would like us to send a broadcast invite through our calendar, please let us know.

For tomorrow, Ofer Hermoni is going to present LFAI updates, and time permitting, we would like to bring some design discussions on Kubeflow and Tekton as well. If someone has any other topic to bring up, please respond to this.


The MLOps SIG meets every other week at 9 AM Pacific, on Thursdays -- https://zoom.us/j/888870104

Calendar invite: https://zoom.us/meeting/tZwlf-6orzsubcRZxykyjaEa3v90b2nOlA/ics?icsToken=98tyKuGgpjMtGtWVtF3tRaovW9ribOHyl3NNmJlFhRT8CSF2Y1Dgb7JAYLxQHPmB



Re: LF AI TAC <> CDF MLOps SIG, 13 Feb

Kara de la Marck
 

Hi folks,

Reminder! The MLOps SIG has been invited to present its work to the LF AI TAC on 13 February 2020 at 6am - 7am PR / 2pm - 3pm in the UK. You should all have received a calendar invite.

The slides for the MLOps SIG presentation have been finalised and sent to the LF AI TAC organisers. Animesh Singh will present first and introduce the CDF MLOps SIG. Then Terry Cox will present the MLOps Roadmap.

Additionally, Ofer Hermoni has offered to present what the LF AI TAC have been working on to the MLOps SIG on that same Thursday, 13 February, during our regularly scheduled meeting time of 9:30am - 10:30am PST.

Therefore, our agenda for this Thursday's MLOps SIG meeting is that Ofer Hermoni will present the work and focus of the LF AI TAC.

Thank you all very much for your cooperation and collaboration.

Kind regards,


On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 7:59 AM Kara de la Marck <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
Hi folks, 

Very much looking forward to next Thursday when we all, as members of the  MLOps SIG, have the opportunity to present what the SIG has been working on to the LF AI TAC. 

I've created the start of a slide deck. Please add your slides to the deck.

Thank you.


On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 4:11 PM Kara de la Marck via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kdelamarck=cloudbees.com@...> wrote:
Hi,

Good news! The MLOps SIG has been invited to present its work to the LF AI TAC on 13 February 2020 at 6am - 7am PR / 2pm - 3pm in the UK. You should all have received a calendar invite.

The slides for the MLOps SIG presentation should be finalised and sent to the LF AI TAC organisers by EOD on Friday, February 7. They then typically send out the meeting decks to the LF AI TAC the Monday (Feb 10) before the meeting on Thursday (Feb 13). 

Additionally, Ofer Hermoni has offered to present what the LF AI TAC have been working on to the MLOps SIG on that same Thursday, 13 February, during our regularly scheduled meeting time of 9:30am - 10:30am PST.

As discussed on our slack channel, for the CDF MLOps presentation, we aim to discuss both the MLOps roadmap and technical work and collaboration between projects. Please respond with additional suggestions, comments, offers to present, etc.

Best wishes,
Kara



--
Kara de la Marck
Open Source Community Manager
CloudBees, Inc.

Email-Signature-CloudBees-Logo-200px (1).png

Twitter: @KaraMarck


--
Kara de la Marck
Open Source Community Manager
CloudBees, Inc.

Email-Signature-CloudBees-Logo-200px (1).png

Twitter: @KaraMarck


Re: LF AI TAC <> CDF MLOps SIG, 13 Feb

Kara de la Marck
 

Hi folks, 

Very much looking forward to next Thursday when we all, as members of the  MLOps SIG, have the opportunity to present what the SIG has been working on to the LF AI TAC. 

I've created the start of a slide deck. Please add your slides to the deck.

Thank you.


On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 4:11 PM Kara de la Marck via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kdelamarck=cloudbees.com@...> wrote:
Hi,

Good news! The MLOps SIG has been invited to present its work to the LF AI TAC on 13 February 2020 at 6am - 7am PR / 2pm - 3pm in the UK. You should all have received a calendar invite.

The slides for the MLOps SIG presentation should be finalised and sent to the LF AI TAC organisers by EOD on Friday, February 7. They then typically send out the meeting decks to the LF AI TAC the Monday (Feb 10) before the meeting on Thursday (Feb 13). 

Additionally, Ofer Hermoni has offered to present what the LF AI TAC have been working on to the MLOps SIG on that same Thursday, 13 February, during our regularly scheduled meeting time of 9:30am - 10:30am PST.

As discussed on our slack channel, for the CDF MLOps presentation, we aim to discuss both the MLOps roadmap and technical work and collaboration between projects. Please respond with additional suggestions, comments, offers to present, etc.

Best wishes,
Kara



--
Kara de la Marck
Open Source Community Manager
CloudBees, Inc.

Email-Signature-CloudBees-Logo-200px (1).png

Twitter: @KaraMarck


Cancellation of today's call

Terry Cox
 

Unfortunately, due to unavailability, we are not able to start the zoom call and thus are cancelling today's meeting.

Apologies for the late notice. We will find an alternative solution to this problem very shortly.

Terry Cox


LF AI TAC <> CDF MLOps SIG, 13 Feb

Kara de la Marck
 

Hi,

Good news! The MLOps SIG has been invited to present its work to the LF AI TAC on 13 February 2020 at 6am - 7am PR / 2pm - 3pm in the UK. You should all have received a calendar invite.

The slides for the MLOps SIG presentation should be finalised and sent to the LF AI TAC organisers by EOD on Friday, February 7. They then typically send out the meeting decks to the LF AI TAC the Monday (Feb 10) before the meeting on Thursday (Feb 13). 

Additionally, Ofer Hermoni has offered to present what the LF AI TAC have been working on to the MLOps SIG on that same Thursday, 13 February, during our regularly scheduled meeting time of 9:30am - 10:30am PST.

As discussed on our slack channel, for the CDF MLOps presentation, we aim to discuss both the MLOps roadmap and technical work and collaboration between projects. Please respond with additional suggestions, comments, offers to present, etc.

Best wishes,
Kara


Invitation: CD.Foundation & MLOps Presentation to LF AI TAC @ Thu Feb 13, 2020 2pm - 3pm (GMT) (sig-mlops@lists.cd.foundation)

Kara de la Marck
 

You have been invited to the following event.

CD.Foundation & MLOps Presentation to LF AI TAC

When
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2pm – 3pm United Kingdom Time
Where
https://zoom.us/j/430697670 (map)
Calendar
sig-mlops@...
Who
jserafin@... - organizer
tmiranda@...
ibrahim@...
kdelamarck@...
terry@...
as@...
singhan@...
Michael Neale
sig-mlops@...
CD.Foundation & MLOps Presentation to LF AI TAC 

-----
TAC meetings are open to the public and held every other Thursday from 6am-7am PT. 

Meeting invites are managed from the https://lists.lfai.foundation/g/tac-general ( https://www.google.com/url?q=https://lists.lfai.foundation/g/tac-general&sa=D&ust=1568646114425000&usg=AOvVaw2g95vMB6psAMgMK0F2znkA ) sub-group (mail list) within the LF AI Foundation Groups.io account. 

The meetings can be accessed as follows: 
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/430697670 ( https://www.google.com/url?q=https://zoom.us/j/430697670&sa=D&ust=1568646114425000&usg=AOvVaw03V0vCrCE10jO-yKT7vTDI ) 

Or iPhone one-tapUS: +16465588656,,430697670# or +16699006833,,430697670# 

Or Telephone:Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)Meeting ID: 430 697 670 

International numbers availablehttps://zoom.us/u/achYtcw7uN ( https://www.google.com/url?q=https://zoom.us/u/achYtcw7uN&sa=D&ust=1568646114425000&usg=AOvVaw03pow-_DwWajnA_IF7UKrh ) 

For detailed information on how to subscribe to the TAC group calendar please visit https://wiki.lfai.foundation/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7733361 ( https://www.google.com/url?q=https://wiki.lfai.foundation/pages/viewpage.action?pageId%3D7733361&sa=D&ust=1568646114425000&usg=AOvVaw1b9Z3SGlKyOe7sq1hFR_im )

Going (sig-mlops@...)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account sig-mlops@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.


MLOps SIG Meeting 9:30 PST 1/16

Kara de la Marck
 

Hi all,

For today's MLOps SIG meeting, let's use this zoom link: https://cloudbees.zoom.us/j/711829658
In the future, these will be hosted by the CDF.

Do we have proposed demos in the pipeline? Please do suggest demos / discussion topics for today's meeting.

Best wishes,
Kara de la Marck


Re: MLOps in Jenkins-X

Terry Cox
 

The idea is to dissolve the concept of ‘a data science team’ into automation services and products teams that are entirely cross-functional. 

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 8 Jan 2020, at 00:20, Michael Neale <mneale@...> wrote:


Right - so they would contribute to both repos in this case? Does that mean there are developers embedded with the DS team? (or they take on the role of developers - similar to devops share responsibilities with ops?)

Really interesting... I guess the benefit of quickstarts and opinionation is they don't have to discover this stuff, but still get some rigor/process in place. Interesting to watch this evolve. 



On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 4:33 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:
The intention is to get the Data Scientists out of the habit of working in isolation on their laptops for months and focus them on being regular and iterative collaborators to an MLOps team in a distributed production-capable environment. 

In practice, most of the DS team seem keen to maintain the service component of their ML solution and as a result are learning very rapidly about the practical challenges of scaling distributed solutions effectively. 

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 7 Jan 2020, at 01:12, Michael Neale <mneale@...> wrote:


That is pretty cool Terry. 

With the training repo - is the idea that datascience type persons work in that, play with their data/model/notebooks, and when ready commit or issue a pull request to the *training* repo? do they then look at the PR in the service repo to test the real thing out? what is the workflow between data science experts and the engineers that work on the service/app that you see out there? 

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 5:41 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:

As discussed in the SIG meeting, here is a link to a quick demo video of MLOps within Jenkins-X. Things are developing fairly quickly and we plan to have a broad range of template projects in our public repo in the new year.

https://youtu.be/AqL_ME7BM6U

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd




--
Regards, 

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees



--
Regards, 

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees


Re: MLOps in Jenkins-X

Michael Neale
 

Right - so they would contribute to both repos in this case? Does that mean there are developers embedded with the DS team? (or they take on the role of developers - similar to devops share responsibilities with ops?)

Really interesting... I guess the benefit of quickstarts and opinionation is they don't have to discover this stuff, but still get some rigor/process in place. Interesting to watch this evolve. 



On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 4:33 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:
The intention is to get the Data Scientists out of the habit of working in isolation on their laptops for months and focus them on being regular and iterative collaborators to an MLOps team in a distributed production-capable environment. 

In practice, most of the DS team seem keen to maintain the service component of their ML solution and as a result are learning very rapidly about the practical challenges of scaling distributed solutions effectively. 

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 7 Jan 2020, at 01:12, Michael Neale <mneale@...> wrote:


That is pretty cool Terry. 

With the training repo - is the idea that datascience type persons work in that, play with their data/model/notebooks, and when ready commit or issue a pull request to the *training* repo? do they then look at the PR in the service repo to test the real thing out? what is the workflow between data science experts and the engineers that work on the service/app that you see out there? 

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 5:41 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:

As discussed in the SIG meeting, here is a link to a quick demo video of MLOps within Jenkins-X. Things are developing fairly quickly and we plan to have a broad range of template projects in our public repo in the new year.

https://youtu.be/AqL_ME7BM6U

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd




--
Regards, 

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees



--
Regards, 

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees

21 - 40 of 70