Date   

Re: MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow

Alejandro Saucedo
 

I'm on the link sent on the updated 30 minute window but it says "the host has another meeting in progress."

Best wishes,


Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon


Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:

So the zoom is giving me trouble - are you folks able to get in?

Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


"Alejandro Saucedo" ---12/19/2019 08:02:32 AM---Good afternoon all, As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: sig-mlops@..., Animesh Singh <singhan@...>
Date: 12/19/2019 08:02 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow
Sent by: sig-mlops@...





Good afternoon all,

As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial that automates the deployment of model through GitOps with Jenkins X and Seldon. We dived into this end-to-end tutorial with the Cloudbees and Jenkins X team earlier this week (Terry's feedback was especially useful as well), and would be keen to showcase in the following call.

The idea of the roadmap that Terry proposed is certainly something we'd be keen to dive into as well, as it would allow for a more structured / strategic approach towards building / suggesting examples on the MLOps sig.

@Animesh Singh what would be the best way to add points to the agenda? Is this something that can be done through the Wiki?

Thank you all, looking forward to the session today!

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 2:42 PM Hamel Husain <hamel.husain@...> wrote:

    I can attend as well!  But I might be 15 min late

    Hamel Husain



    On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 6:28 AM Kara de la Marck <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
    Looking forward to today's meeting! Lots of interesting discussions to be had. 

    Best wishes,
    Kara de la Marck

    On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:





Re: MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow

Animesh Singh
 

Lets use this.

https://us04web.zoom.us/my/animeshsingh

Something wrong with CDF Zoom account - We need to get this in order

Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


"Alejandro Saucedo" ---12/19/2019 09:37:19 AM---I'm on the link sent on the updated 30 minute window but it says "the host has another meeting in pr

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: sig-mlops@...
Date: 12/19/2019 09:37 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow
Sent by: sig-mlops@...





I'm on the link sent on the updated 30 minute window but it says "the host has another meeting in progress."

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:

    So the zoom is giving me trouble - are you folks able to get in?

    Regards,

    Animesh Singh
    STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

    IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
    North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
    CNCF Ambassador
    Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
    http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


    "Alejandro Saucedo" ---12/19/2019 08:02:32 AM---Good afternoon all, As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial

    From:
    "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
    To:
    sig-mlops@..., Animesh Singh <singhan@...>
    Date:
    12/19/2019 08:02 AM
    Subject:
    [EXTERNAL] Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow
    Sent by:
    sig-mlops@...




    Good afternoon all,


    As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial that automates the deployment of model through GitOps with Jenkins X and Seldon. We dived into this end-to-end tutorial with the Cloudbees and Jenkins X team earlier this week (Terry's feedback was especially useful as well), and would be keen to showcase in the following call.


    The idea of the roadmap that Terry proposed is certainly something we'd be keen to dive into as well, as it would allow for a more structured / strategic approach towards building / suggesting examples on the MLOps sig.


    @Animesh Singh what would be the best way to add points to the agenda? Is this something that can be done through the Wiki?

    Thank you all, looking forward to the session today!

    Best wishes,

    Alejandro Saucedo

    Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

    @seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

    Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

     

    Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



    On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 2:42 PM Hamel Husain <hamel.husain@...> wrote:

        I can attend as well!  But I might be 15 min late

        Hamel Husain



On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 6:28 AM Kara de la Marck <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
Looking forward to today's meeting! Lots of interesting discussions to be had. 

Best wishes,
Kara de la Marck

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:








Re: MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow

Kara de la Marck
 

Hi all,

Unfortunately, we may be experiencing another zoom glitch. I can't seem to join the meeting using the link in Animesh's original email. The message "The host has another meeting in progress is being displayed".

Best wishes,
Kara

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 4:01 PM Alejandro Saucedo <as@...> wrote:
Good afternoon all,

As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial that automates the deployment of model through GitOps with Jenkins X and Seldon. We dived into this end-to-end tutorial with the Cloudbees and Jenkins X team earlier this week (Terry's feedback was especially useful as well), and would be keen to showcase in the following call.

The idea of the roadmap that Terry proposed is certainly something we'd be keen to dive into as well, as it would allow for a more structured / strategic approach towards building / suggesting examples on the MLOps sig.

@Animesh Singh what would be the best way to add points to the agenda? Is this something that can be done through the Wiki?

Thank you all, looking forward to the session today!


Best wishes,


Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon


Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 2:42 PM Hamel Husain <hamel.husain@...> wrote:
I can attend as well!  But I might be 15 min late

Hamel Husain



On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 6:28 AM Kara de la Marck <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
Looking forward to today's meeting! Lots of interesting discussions to be had. 

Best wishes,
Kara de la Marck

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:
I will be attending and have previously submitted an agenda item here:


Zoom Link

Animesh Singh
 

Use this
https://us04web.zoom.us/my/animeshsingh


Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


"Alejandro Saucedo" ---12/19/2019 09:37:19 AM---I'm on the link sent on the updated 30 minute window but it says "the host has another meeting in pr

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: sig-mlops@...
Date: 12/19/2019 09:37 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow
Sent by: sig-mlops@...





I'm on the link sent on the updated 30 minute window but it says "the host has another meeting in progress."

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:

    So the zoom is giving me trouble - are you folks able to get in?

    Regards,

    Animesh Singh
    STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

    IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
    North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
    CNCF Ambassador
    Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
    http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


    "Alejandro Saucedo" ---12/19/2019 08:02:32 AM---Good afternoon all, As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial

    From:
    "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
    To:
    sig-mlops@..., Animesh Singh <singhan@...>
    Date:
    12/19/2019 08:02 AM
    Subject:
    [EXTERNAL] Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow
    Sent by:
    sig-mlops@...




    Good afternoon all,


    As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial that automates the deployment of model through GitOps with Jenkins X and Seldon. We dived into this end-to-end tutorial with the Cloudbees and Jenkins X team earlier this week (Terry's feedback was especially useful as well), and would be keen to showcase in the following call.


    The idea of the roadmap that Terry proposed is certainly something we'd be keen to dive into as well, as it would allow for a more structured / strategic approach towards building / suggesting examples on the MLOps sig.


    @Animesh Singh what would be the best way to add points to the agenda? Is this something that can be done through the Wiki?

    Thank you all, looking forward to the session today!

    Best wishes,

    Alejandro Saucedo

    Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

    @seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

    Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

     

    Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



    On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 2:42 PM Hamel Husain <hamel.husain@...> wrote:

        I can attend as well!  But I might be 15 min late

        Hamel Husain



On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 6:28 AM Kara de la Marck <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
Looking forward to today's meeting! Lots of interesting discussions to be had. 

Best wishes,
Kara de la Marck

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:








MLOps in Jenkins-X

Terry Cox
 

As discussed in the SIG meeting, here is a link to a quick demo video of MLOps within Jenkins-X. Things are developing fairly quickly and we plan to have a broad range of template projects in our public repo in the new year.

https://youtu.be/AqL_ME7BM6U

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd



Re: Zoom Link

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hi All, 
Apologies for the Zoom link malfunctioning. I am not sure what is the issue. 

Please feel free to open issues like this on https://github.com/cdfoundation/foundation/issues

Here is the ticket to provide more information and coordinate: https://github.com/cdfoundation/foundation/issues/122

Best,


--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881


On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:43 AM Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:

Use this
https://us04web.zoom.us/my/animeshsingh


Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


"Alejandro Saucedo" ---12/19/2019 09:37:19 AM---I'm on the link sent on the updated 30 minute window but it says "the host has another meeting in pr

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: sig-mlops@...
Date: 12/19/2019 09:37 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow
Sent by: sig-mlops@...





I'm on the link sent on the updated 30 minute window but it says "the host has another meeting in progress."

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:

    So the zoom is giving me trouble - are you folks able to get in?

    Regards,

    Animesh Singh
    STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

    IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
    North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
    CNCF Ambassador
    Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
    http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


    "Alejandro Saucedo" ---12/19/2019 08:02:32 AM---Good afternoon all, As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial

    From:
    "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
    To:
    sig-mlops@..., Animesh Singh <singhan@...>
    Date:
    12/19/2019 08:02 AM
    Subject:
    [EXTERNAL] Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow
    Sent by:
    sig-mlops@...




    Good afternoon all,


    As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial that automates the deployment of model through GitOps with Jenkins X and Seldon. We dived into this end-to-end tutorial with the Cloudbees and Jenkins X team earlier this week (Terry's feedback was especially useful as well), and would be keen to showcase in the following call.


    The idea of the roadmap that Terry proposed is certainly something we'd be keen to dive into as well, as it would allow for a more structured / strategic approach towards building / suggesting examples on the MLOps sig.


    @Animesh Singh what would be the best way to add points to the agenda? Is this something that can be done through the Wiki?

    Thank you all, looking forward to the session today!

    Best wishes,

    Alejandro Saucedo

    Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

    @seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

    Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

     

    Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



    On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 2:42 PM Hamel Husain <hamel.husain@...> wrote:

        I can attend as well!  But I might be 15 min late

        Hamel Husain



        On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 6:28 AM Kara de la Marck <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
        Looking forward to today's meeting! Lots of interesting discussions to be had. 

        Best wishes,
        Kara de la Marck

        On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:








Re: MLOps Sig

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hi Animesh

Can you or someone post these to the MLOps repo on github under minutes and other artifacts? Please let me know if you need assistance

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881


On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 7:29 AM Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:
Description


https://zoom.us/j/667125842

__________________

Hi folks

Want to assess availability of folks for tomorrow, and agenda items they would like to bring up for 9:30 PST meeting tomorrow- If most of the folks are dispersing, ir have dispersed for holidays, would be best to reboot from next year onwards.

https://zoom.us/j/667125842 at 9:30 AM PST

  • Kam from Intel can present about his efforts to migrate Kubeflow CI/CD to Tekton
  • We (IBM) can present some early exploration with KFP compiler, and creating a basic sequential pipeline yaml for Tekton from there. And identified gaps which need to be addressed in Tekton.

So far the following assets have been produced/linked as an output from here.

Samples
  1. Kubeflow Pipelines-TFX Pipelines
  2. Argo-Tekton Yaml for Flip Coin
  3. KFP Compiler for basic sequential pipeline in Tekton
Evaluation Assets
  1. Argo and Tekton Comparision
  2. Kubeflow Pipelines-TFX Pipelines Talk at Tensorflow World
  3. Kubeflow Pipelines-TFX Pipelines RFC

Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


https://zoom.us/j/667125842

__________________

Hi folks

Want to assess availability of folks for tomorrow, and agenda items they would like to bring up for 9:30 PST meeting tomorrow- If most of the folks are dispersing, ir have dispersed for holidays, would be best to reboot from next year onwards.

https://zoom.us/j/667125842 at 9:30 AM PST
  • Kam from Intel can present about his efforts to migrate Kubeflow CI/CD to Tekton
  • We (IBM) can present some early exploration with KFP compiler, and creating a basic sequential pipeline yaml for Tekton from there. And identified gaps which need to be addressed in Tekton.

So far the following assets have been produced/linked as an output from here.

Samples
  1. Kubeflow Pipelines-TFX Pipelines
  2. Argo-Tekton Yaml for Flip Coin
  3. KFP Compiler for basic sequential pipeline in Tekton
Evaluation Assets
  1. Argo and Tekton Comparision
  2. Kubeflow Pipelines-TFX Pipelines Talk at Tensorflow World
  3. Kubeflow Pipelines-TFX Pipelines RFC

Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


Slack invite

Terry Cox
 


Re: MLOps in Jenkins-X

Michael Neale
 

That is pretty cool Terry. 

With the training repo - is the idea that datascience type persons work in that, play with their data/model/notebooks, and when ready commit or issue a pull request to the *training* repo? do they then look at the PR in the service repo to test the real thing out? what is the workflow between data science experts and the engineers that work on the service/app that you see out there? 

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 5:41 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:

As discussed in the SIG meeting, here is a link to a quick demo video of MLOps within Jenkins-X. Things are developing fairly quickly and we plan to have a broad range of template projects in our public repo in the new year.

https://youtu.be/AqL_ME7BM6U

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd




--
Regards, 

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees


Re: MLOps in Jenkins-X

Terry Cox
 

The intention is to get the Data Scientists out of the habit of working in isolation on their laptops for months and focus them on being regular and iterative collaborators to an MLOps team in a distributed production-capable environment. 

In practice, most of the DS team seem keen to maintain the service component of their ML solution and as a result are learning very rapidly about the practical challenges of scaling distributed solutions effectively. 

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 7 Jan 2020, at 01:12, Michael Neale <mneale@...> wrote:


That is pretty cool Terry. 

With the training repo - is the idea that datascience type persons work in that, play with their data/model/notebooks, and when ready commit or issue a pull request to the *training* repo? do they then look at the PR in the service repo to test the real thing out? what is the workflow between data science experts and the engineers that work on the service/app that you see out there? 

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 5:41 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:

As discussed in the SIG meeting, here is a link to a quick demo video of MLOps within Jenkins-X. Things are developing fairly quickly and we plan to have a broad range of template projects in our public repo in the new year.

https://youtu.be/AqL_ME7BM6U

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd




--
Regards, 

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees


Re: MLOps in Jenkins-X

Michael Neale
 

Right - so they would contribute to both repos in this case? Does that mean there are developers embedded with the DS team? (or they take on the role of developers - similar to devops share responsibilities with ops?)

Really interesting... I guess the benefit of quickstarts and opinionation is they don't have to discover this stuff, but still get some rigor/process in place. Interesting to watch this evolve. 



On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 4:33 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:
The intention is to get the Data Scientists out of the habit of working in isolation on their laptops for months and focus them on being regular and iterative collaborators to an MLOps team in a distributed production-capable environment. 

In practice, most of the DS team seem keen to maintain the service component of their ML solution and as a result are learning very rapidly about the practical challenges of scaling distributed solutions effectively. 

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 7 Jan 2020, at 01:12, Michael Neale <mneale@...> wrote:


That is pretty cool Terry. 

With the training repo - is the idea that datascience type persons work in that, play with their data/model/notebooks, and when ready commit or issue a pull request to the *training* repo? do they then look at the PR in the service repo to test the real thing out? what is the workflow between data science experts and the engineers that work on the service/app that you see out there? 

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 5:41 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:

As discussed in the SIG meeting, here is a link to a quick demo video of MLOps within Jenkins-X. Things are developing fairly quickly and we plan to have a broad range of template projects in our public repo in the new year.

https://youtu.be/AqL_ME7BM6U

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd




--
Regards, 

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees



--
Regards, 

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees


Re: MLOps in Jenkins-X

Terry Cox
 

The idea is to dissolve the concept of ‘a data science team’ into automation services and products teams that are entirely cross-functional. 

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 8 Jan 2020, at 00:20, Michael Neale <mneale@...> wrote:


Right - so they would contribute to both repos in this case? Does that mean there are developers embedded with the DS team? (or they take on the role of developers - similar to devops share responsibilities with ops?)

Really interesting... I guess the benefit of quickstarts and opinionation is they don't have to discover this stuff, but still get some rigor/process in place. Interesting to watch this evolve. 



On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 4:33 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:
The intention is to get the Data Scientists out of the habit of working in isolation on their laptops for months and focus them on being regular and iterative collaborators to an MLOps team in a distributed production-capable environment. 

In practice, most of the DS team seem keen to maintain the service component of their ML solution and as a result are learning very rapidly about the practical challenges of scaling distributed solutions effectively. 

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 7 Jan 2020, at 01:12, Michael Neale <mneale@...> wrote:


That is pretty cool Terry. 

With the training repo - is the idea that datascience type persons work in that, play with their data/model/notebooks, and when ready commit or issue a pull request to the *training* repo? do they then look at the PR in the service repo to test the real thing out? what is the workflow between data science experts and the engineers that work on the service/app that you see out there? 

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 5:41 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:

As discussed in the SIG meeting, here is a link to a quick demo video of MLOps within Jenkins-X. Things are developing fairly quickly and we plan to have a broad range of template projects in our public repo in the new year.

https://youtu.be/AqL_ME7BM6U

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd




--
Regards, 

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees



--
Regards, 

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees


MLOps SIG Meeting 9:30 PST 1/16

Kara de la Marck
 

Hi all,

For today's MLOps SIG meeting, let's use this zoom link: https://cloudbees.zoom.us/j/711829658
In the future, these will be hosted by the CDF.

Do we have proposed demos in the pipeline? Please do suggest demos / discussion topics for today's meeting.

Best wishes,
Kara de la Marck


Invitation: CD.Foundation & MLOps Presentation to LF AI TAC @ Thu Feb 13, 2020 2pm - 3pm (GMT) (sig-mlops@lists.cd.foundation)

Kara de la Marck
 

You have been invited to the following event.

CD.Foundation & MLOps Presentation to LF AI TAC

When
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2pm – 3pm United Kingdom Time
Where
https://zoom.us/j/430697670 (map)
Calendar
sig-mlops@...
Who
jserafin@... - organizer
tmiranda@...
ibrahim@...
kdelamarck@...
terry@...
as@...
singhan@...
Michael Neale
sig-mlops@...
CD.Foundation & MLOps Presentation to LF AI TAC 

-----
TAC meetings are open to the public and held every other Thursday from 6am-7am PT. 

Meeting invites are managed from the https://lists.lfai.foundation/g/tac-general ( https://www.google.com/url?q=https://lists.lfai.foundation/g/tac-general&sa=D&ust=1568646114425000&usg=AOvVaw2g95vMB6psAMgMK0F2znkA ) sub-group (mail list) within the LF AI Foundation Groups.io account. 

The meetings can be accessed as follows: 
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/430697670 ( https://www.google.com/url?q=https://zoom.us/j/430697670&sa=D&ust=1568646114425000&usg=AOvVaw03V0vCrCE10jO-yKT7vTDI ) 

Or iPhone one-tapUS: +16465588656,,430697670# or +16699006833,,430697670# 

Or Telephone:Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)Meeting ID: 430 697 670 

International numbers availablehttps://zoom.us/u/achYtcw7uN ( https://www.google.com/url?q=https://zoom.us/u/achYtcw7uN&sa=D&ust=1568646114425000&usg=AOvVaw03pow-_DwWajnA_IF7UKrh ) 

For detailed information on how to subscribe to the TAC group calendar please visit https://wiki.lfai.foundation/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7733361 ( https://www.google.com/url?q=https://wiki.lfai.foundation/pages/viewpage.action?pageId%3D7733361&sa=D&ust=1568646114425000&usg=AOvVaw1b9Z3SGlKyOe7sq1hFR_im )

Going (sig-mlops@...)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account sig-mlops@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.


LF AI TAC <> CDF MLOps SIG, 13 Feb

Kara de la Marck
 

Hi,

Good news! The MLOps SIG has been invited to present its work to the LF AI TAC on 13 February 2020 at 6am - 7am PR / 2pm - 3pm in the UK. You should all have received a calendar invite.

The slides for the MLOps SIG presentation should be finalised and sent to the LF AI TAC organisers by EOD on Friday, February 7. They then typically send out the meeting decks to the LF AI TAC the Monday (Feb 10) before the meeting on Thursday (Feb 13). 

Additionally, Ofer Hermoni has offered to present what the LF AI TAC have been working on to the MLOps SIG on that same Thursday, 13 February, during our regularly scheduled meeting time of 9:30am - 10:30am PST.

As discussed on our slack channel, for the CDF MLOps presentation, we aim to discuss both the MLOps roadmap and technical work and collaboration between projects. Please respond with additional suggestions, comments, offers to present, etc.

Best wishes,
Kara


Cancellation of today's call

Terry Cox
 

Unfortunately, due to unavailability, we are not able to start the zoom call and thus are cancelling today's meeting.

Apologies for the late notice. We will find an alternative solution to this problem very shortly.

Terry Cox


Re: LF AI TAC <> CDF MLOps SIG, 13 Feb

Kara de la Marck
 

Hi folks, 

Very much looking forward to next Thursday when we all, as members of the  MLOps SIG, have the opportunity to present what the SIG has been working on to the LF AI TAC. 

I've created the start of a slide deck. Please add your slides to the deck.

Thank you.


On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 4:11 PM Kara de la Marck via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kdelamarck=cloudbees.com@...> wrote:
Hi,

Good news! The MLOps SIG has been invited to present its work to the LF AI TAC on 13 February 2020 at 6am - 7am PR / 2pm - 3pm in the UK. You should all have received a calendar invite.

The slides for the MLOps SIG presentation should be finalised and sent to the LF AI TAC organisers by EOD on Friday, February 7. They then typically send out the meeting decks to the LF AI TAC the Monday (Feb 10) before the meeting on Thursday (Feb 13). 

Additionally, Ofer Hermoni has offered to present what the LF AI TAC have been working on to the MLOps SIG on that same Thursday, 13 February, during our regularly scheduled meeting time of 9:30am - 10:30am PST.

As discussed on our slack channel, for the CDF MLOps presentation, we aim to discuss both the MLOps roadmap and technical work and collaboration between projects. Please respond with additional suggestions, comments, offers to present, etc.

Best wishes,
Kara



--
Kara de la Marck
Open Source Community Manager
CloudBees, Inc.

Email-Signature-CloudBees-Logo-200px (1).png

Twitter: @KaraMarck


Re: LF AI TAC <> CDF MLOps SIG, 13 Feb

Kara de la Marck
 

Hi folks,

Reminder! The MLOps SIG has been invited to present its work to the LF AI TAC on 13 February 2020 at 6am - 7am PR / 2pm - 3pm in the UK. You should all have received a calendar invite.

The slides for the MLOps SIG presentation have been finalised and sent to the LF AI TAC organisers. Animesh Singh will present first and introduce the CDF MLOps SIG. Then Terry Cox will present the MLOps Roadmap.

Additionally, Ofer Hermoni has offered to present what the LF AI TAC have been working on to the MLOps SIG on that same Thursday, 13 February, during our regularly scheduled meeting time of 9:30am - 10:30am PST.

Therefore, our agenda for this Thursday's MLOps SIG meeting is that Ofer Hermoni will present the work and focus of the LF AI TAC.

Thank you all very much for your cooperation and collaboration.

Kind regards,


On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 7:59 AM Kara de la Marck <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
Hi folks, 

Very much looking forward to next Thursday when we all, as members of the  MLOps SIG, have the opportunity to present what the SIG has been working on to the LF AI TAC. 

I've created the start of a slide deck. Please add your slides to the deck.

Thank you.


On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 4:11 PM Kara de la Marck via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kdelamarck=cloudbees.com@...> wrote:
Hi,

Good news! The MLOps SIG has been invited to present its work to the LF AI TAC on 13 February 2020 at 6am - 7am PR / 2pm - 3pm in the UK. You should all have received a calendar invite.

The slides for the MLOps SIG presentation should be finalised and sent to the LF AI TAC organisers by EOD on Friday, February 7. They then typically send out the meeting decks to the LF AI TAC the Monday (Feb 10) before the meeting on Thursday (Feb 13). 

Additionally, Ofer Hermoni has offered to present what the LF AI TAC have been working on to the MLOps SIG on that same Thursday, 13 February, during our regularly scheduled meeting time of 9:30am - 10:30am PST.

As discussed on our slack channel, for the CDF MLOps presentation, we aim to discuss both the MLOps roadmap and technical work and collaboration between projects. Please respond with additional suggestions, comments, offers to present, etc.

Best wishes,
Kara



--
Kara de la Marck
Open Source Community Manager
CloudBees, Inc.

Email-Signature-CloudBees-Logo-200px (1).png

Twitter: @KaraMarck


--
Kara de la Marck
Open Source Community Manager
CloudBees, Inc.

Email-Signature-CloudBees-Logo-200px (1).png

Twitter: @KaraMarck


MLOps Sig

Animesh Singh
 

Hi All

Please note the timing of the MLOps Sig meetings have changed to 9 AM (instead of 9:30 AM), and Zoom link is updated as well. If you would like us to send a broadcast invite through our calendar, please let us know.

For tomorrow, Ofer Hermoni is going to present LFAI updates, and time permitting, we would like to bring some design discussions on Kubeflow and Tekton as well. If someone has any other topic to bring up, please respond to this.


The MLOps SIG meets every other week at 9 AM Pacific, on Thursdays -- https://zoom.us/j/888870104

Calendar invite: https://zoom.us/meeting/tZwlf-6orzsubcRZxykyjaEa3v90b2nOlA/ics?icsToken=98tyKuGgpjMtGtWVtF3tRaovW9ribOHyl3NNmJlFhRT8CSF2Y1Dgb7JAYLxQHPmB



Event: Animesh Singh #cal-invite

sig-mlops@lists.cd.foundation Calendar <sig-mlops@...>
 

Animesh Singh

When:
Thursday, 13 February 2020
9:30am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/888870104

Organizer: MLOps Sig singhan@...

Description:

https://zoom.us/j/888870104
Mail list: sig-mlops@...

Github: https://github.com/cdfoundation/sig-mlops

 

The MLOps SIG meets every other week at 9:30 AM Pacific, on Thursdays -- 

21 - 40 of 72