Date

Re: MLOps in Jenkins-X

Terry Cox

The idea is to dissolve the concept of ‘a data science team’ into automation services and products teams that are entirely cross-functional.

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 8 Jan 2020, at 00:20, Michael Neale <mneale@...> wrote:

Right - so they would contribute to both repos in this case? Does that mean there are developers embedded with the DS team? (or they take on the role of developers - similar to devops share responsibilities with ops?)

Really interesting... I guess the benefit of quickstarts and opinionation is they don't have to discover this stuff, but still get some rigor/process in place. Interesting to watch this evolve.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 4:33 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:
The intention is to get the Data Scientists out of the habit of working in isolation on their laptops for months and focus them on being regular and iterative collaborators to an MLOps team in a distributed production-capable environment.

In practice, most of the DS team seem keen to maintain the service component of their ML solution and as a result are learning very rapidly about the practical challenges of scaling distributed solutions effectively.

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 7 Jan 2020, at 01:12, Michael Neale <mneale@...> wrote:

That is pretty cool Terry.

With the training repo - is the idea that datascience type persons work in that, play with their data/model/notebooks, and when ready commit or issue a pull request to the *training* repo? do they then look at the PR in the service repo to test the real thing out? what is the workflow between data science experts and the engineers that work on the service/app that you see out there?

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 5:41 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:

As discussed in the SIG meeting, here is a link to a quick demo video of MLOps within Jenkins-X. Things are developing fairly quickly and we plan to have a broad range of template projects in our public repo in the new year.

https://youtu.be/AqL_ME7BM6U

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd

--
Regards,

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees

--
[...]

Slack invite

Terry Cox

Re: MLOps Sig

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>

Hi Animesh

Can you or someone post these to the MLOps repo on github under minutes and other artifacts? Please let me know if you need assistance

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 7:29 AM Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:
Description

https://zoom.us/j/667125842

__________________

Hi folks

Want to assess availability of folks for tomorrow, and agenda items they would like to bring up for 9:30 PST meeting tomorrow- If most of the folks are dispersing, ir have dispersed for holidays, would be best to reboot from next year onwards.

https://zoom.us/j/667125842 at 9:30 AM PST

  • Kam from Intel can present about his efforts to migrate Kubeflow CI/CD to Tekton
  • We (IBM) can present some early exploration with KFP compiler, and creating a basic sequential pipeline yaml for Tekton from there. And identified gaps which need to be addressed in Tekton.

So far the following assets have been produced/linked as an output from here.

Samples
  1. Kubeflow Pipelines-TFX Pipelines
  2. Argo-Tekton Yaml for Flip Coin
  3. KFP Compiler for basic sequential pipeline in Tekton
Evaluation Assets
  1. Argo and Tekton Comparision
  2. Kubeflow Pipelines-TFX Pipelines Talk at Tensorflow World
  3. Kubeflow Pipelines-TFX Pipelines RFC

Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh

https://zoom.us/j/667125842

__________________

[...]

Re: Zoom Link

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>

Hi All,
Apologies for the Zoom link malfunctioning. I am not sure what is the issue.

Please feel free to open issues like this on https://github.com/cdfoundation/foundation/issues

Here is the ticket to provide more information and coordinate: https://github.com/cdfoundation/foundation/issues/122

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:43 AM Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:

Use this
https://us04web.zoom.us/my/animeshsingh

Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh

"Alejandro Saucedo" ---12/19/2019 09:37:19 AM---I'm on the link sent on the updated 30 minute window but it says "the host has another meeting in pr

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: sig-mlops@...
Date: 12/19/2019 09:37 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow
Sent by: sig-mlops@...

I'm on the link sent on the updated 30 minute window but it says "the host has another meeting in progress."

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:

    So the zoom is giving me trouble - are you folks able to get in?

    Regards,

    Animesh Singh
    STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

    IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
    North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
    CNCF Ambassador
    Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
    http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh

    "Alejandro Saucedo" ---12/19/2019 08:02:32 AM---Good afternoon all, As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial

    From:
    "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
    To:
    sig-mlops@..., Animesh Singh <singhan@...>
    Date:
    12/19/2019 08:02 AM
    Subject:
    [EXTERNAL] Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow
    Sent by:
    sig-mlops@...

    Good afternoon all,

    As discussed in the last call, we have an end-to-end MLOps demo/tutorial that automates the deployment of model through GitOps with Jenkins X and Seldon. We dived into this end-to-end tutorial with the Cloudbees and Jenkins X team earlier this week (Terry's feedback was especially useful as well), and would be keen to showcase in the following call.

    The idea of the roadmap that Terry proposed is certainly something we'd be keen to dive into as well, as it would allow for a more structured / strategic approach towards building / suggesting examples on the MLOps sig.

    @Animesh Singh what would be the best way to add points to the agenda? Is this something that can be done through the Wiki?

    Thank you all, looking forward to the session today!

    Best wishes,

    Alejandro Saucedo

    Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

    @seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

    Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

    Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.

    On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 2:42 PM Hamel Husain <hamel.husain@...> wrote:

        I can attend as well!  But I might be 15 min late

        Hamel Husain

        On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 6:28 AM Kara de la Marck <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
        Looking forward to today's meeting! Lots of interesting discussions to be had.

        Best wishes,
        Kara de la Marck

        On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM Terry Cox <terry@...> wrote:

MLOps in Jenkins-X

Terry Cox

As discussed in the SIG meeting, here is a link to a quick demo video of MLOps within Jenkins-X. Things are developing fairly quickly and we plan to have a broad range of template projects in our public repo in the new year.

https://youtu.be/AqL_ME7BM6U

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd

Zoom Link

Animesh Singh

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: sig-mlops@...
Date: 12/19/2019 09:37 AM
[...]

    From:
    "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
    To:
    sig-mlops@..., Animesh Singh <singhan@...>
    Date:
    12/19/2019 08:02 AM
    Subject:
[...]

Re: MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow

Kara de la Marck

Hi all,

Unfortunately, we may be experiencing another zoom glitch. I can't seem to join the meeting using the link in Animesh's original email. The message "The host has another meeting in progress is being displayed".

Best wishes,
Kara

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 4:01 PM Alejandro Saucedo <as@...> wrote:
[...]

I will be attending and have previously submitted an agenda item here:

Re: MLOps Sig: Call for Agenda and availability tomorrow

Animesh Singh

Lets use this.

https://us04web.zoom.us/my/animeshsingh

Something wrong with CDF Zoom account - We need to get this in order

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: sig-mlops@...
Date: 12/19/2019 09:37 AM
[...]

    From:
    "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
    To:
    sig-mlops@..., Animesh Singh <singhan@...>
    Date:
    12/19/2019 08:02 AM
    Subject:

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: sig-mlops@..., Animesh Singh <singhan@...>
Date: 12/19/2019 08:02 AM
[...]

No. "The host has a another meeting in progress".

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: sig-mlops@..., Animesh Singh <singhan@...>
Date: 12/19/2019 08:02 AM
[...]

MLOps Sig

[...]