[VOTE] Events Sig Proposal!

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...>

This is a great initiative, so a wholehearted +1 [non-binding]

Great team effort and thanks Isaac Mosquera for stepping up as TOC sponsor!

Tracy

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:41 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

Tracy Ragan

Thank you Isaac!

--
Kind Regards,

Tracy Ragan
CEO and Co-Founder / DeployHub / tel: + 1.505.424.6440/ mob: +1.505.780.0558
Follow me on: Blog / Twitter Facebook / LinkedIn / YouTube / GitHub
We make microservices easy.

Tracy Ragan

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 6:41 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

--
Kind Regards,

Tracy Ragan
CEO and Co-Founder / DeployHub / tel: + 1.505.424.6440/ mob: +1.505.780.0558
Follow me on: Blog / Twitter Facebook / LinkedIn / YouTube / GitHub
We make microservices easy.

Simon Kaegi

This makes a lot of sense. I'll add another (non-binding) +1.

"Tracy Miranda" ---2021/02/03 09:13:45 AM---This is a great initiative, so a wholehearted +1 [non-binding] Great team effort and thanks Isaac Mo

From: "Tracy Miranda" <tmiranda@...>
To: Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
Cc: cdf-toc <cdf-toc@...>
Date: 2021/02/03 09:13 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Events Sig Proposal!
Sent by: cdf-toc@...

This is a great initiative, so a wholehearted +1 [non-binding]...
This Message Is From an External Sender
This is a great initiative, so a wholehearted +1 [non-binding]

Great team effort and thanks Isaac Mosquera for stepping up as TOC sponsor!

Tracy

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:41 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
    Hey TOC members,

    The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

    Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

    I'll start with my own +1!

    Dan Lorenc

Andrea Frittoli

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 at 14:13, Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...> wrote:
This is a great initiative, so a wholehearted +1 [non-binding]

Great team effort and thanks Isaac Mosquera for stepping up as TOC sponsor!

Thank you Isaac for sponsoring our proposal!

Andrea

Tracy

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:41 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

Oliver Nocon

+1 (non-binding)

Oliver

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

Oleg Nenashev

+1 (non-binding)
Maybe it makes sense to set a more specific naming so that the "events" is understood correctly in the SIG listing (not conferences/meetups)

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 4:38 PM Oliver Nocon <oliver.nocon@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

Oliver

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

Emil Bäckmark

That’s a very valid comment, Oleg. We had a brief discussion on exactly that in our Slack channel before pushing the PR, and we also lifted it in our last workstream meeting but ended up in keeping that short name in the proposal. It seems that whatever we add to the name it could still be misinterpreted… Do you have any proposal on a name that would make it clearer without limiting what we intend to handle within the SIG?

BR,

Emil

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

Kara de la Marck

+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 4:45 PM Emil Bäckmark via lists.cd.foundation <emil.backmark=ericsson.com@...> wrote:

That’s a very valid comment, Oleg. We had a brief discussion on exactly that in our Slack channel before pushing the PR, and we also lifted it in our last workstream meeting but ended up in keeping that short name in the proposal. It seems that whatever we add to the name it could still be misinterpreted… Do you have any proposal on a name that would make it clearer without limiting what we intend to handle within the SIG?

BR,

Emil

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

Tara Hernandez

+1 binding

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 5:41 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

Fatih Degirmenci

+1 (non-binding)

/Fatih

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 at 02:41, Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

James Strachan

+1

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 1:41 AM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

--
James
-------
Twitter: @jstrachan

Jenkins X: a CI/CD solution for modern cloud applications on Kubernetes

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

And with that, we have our 4 votes and sponsor!

Thanks everyone!  The events SIG is official :)

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 11:39 AM James Strachan <jstrachan@...> wrote:
+1

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 1:41 AM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

--
James
-------
Twitter: @jstrachan

Jenkins X: a CI/CD solution for modern cloud applications on Kubernetes

Tracy Ragan

Yipeeee - thank you to all and Isaac of course.