Date

Re: Welcome to the CDF, Jacqueline!

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Yay, I'm glad to hear this is final & official!

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 9:34 PM Kim Lewandowski via Lists.Cd.Foundation <klewandowski=google.com@...> wrote:
Hi CDF Folks,

Please join me in welcoming Jacqueline Salinas to the CDF as our Director of Ecosystem!

Jacqueline Salinas is a New Mexico native and alumni of the University of New Mexico, where she graduated with a BBA in International Management. She was inspired to join the tech world in 2011 after her first intern experience at Intel, where she held multiple roles over the 6-year period she was there. Her various roles at Intel included product & brand development, developer outreach, event coordination, and outbound & partner marketing. Jacqueline has spent the past 2 years at AWS where she has focused on product marketing and managing digital marketing campaigns to drive service adoption.

In her own words, “I cannot wait to meet everyone! I am looking forward to collaborating and helping grow the foundation. Please feel free to ping, call, email and introduce yourself. I am currently based out of Seattle and in the process of relocating back to Santa Fe after +10 years of being away. I am always happy to share travel stories, coffee, or food. In my free time, you will find me storytelling, traveling, cooking/baking/eating, and playing with my dog Lily!”

--
Kim Lewandowski | Product Manager, Google Cloud Platform | klewandowski@...

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: Welcome to the CDF, Jacqueline!

Kay Williams <kayw@...>

Welcome Jacqueline! So glad to have you on board!

Kim Lewandowski <klewandowski@...>

[...]

Reminder: CDF TOC tomorrow

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>

Hi CDF TOC

Just a quick reminder that the CDF TOC call will be at 9am tomorrow (Aug 27) at 9a PT.  Please see the agenda, one priority topic is to discuss the SIG https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

DevOps Fundamentals Training Course is updated and LIVE!

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>

Hello Continuous Delivery Foundation Collaborators

The Linux Foundation announced that enrollment is now open for the new DevOps and SRE Fundamentals – Implementing Continuous Delivery eLearning course. The course will help an organization be more agile, deliver features rapidly, while at the same time being able to achieve non-functional requirements such as availability, reliability, scalability, security, etc.

DevOps and SRE Fundamentals – Implementing Continuous Delivery teaches the skills to deploy software with confidence, agility and high reliability using modern practices such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, and tools such as git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, and Spinnaker.

This video-based course teaches the following:
  • What Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery is and why they are needed
  • How the container ecosystem is revolutionizing software delivery and the role played by Docker and Kubernetes
  • How to use Git and GitHub for revision control and to support collaborative development
  • How to install and configure Jenkins as a Continuous Integration platform
  • How to write a pipeline-as-a-code using a declarative syntax with Jenkinsfiles
  • How to create and enforce development workflows as code reviews
  • How to standardize application packaging and distribution with Docker and Docker Registry
  • Continuous Deployment and Delivery, and how they compare with Continuous Integration
  • How to use Kubernetes to deploy applications with high availability, scalability and resilience
  • How to use Spinnaker to set up multi-cloud deployment pipelines
  • How to safely release software with Blue/Green, Highlander, and Canary release strategies.

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

Re: Security SIG Proposal

Kay Williams <kayw@...>

Hi Dan,

Fred, Brian and I met today. We are on the same page and are ready for a vote to be called.

Thanks for your help.

Kay