Date   

Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

Woohoo!


On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 12:35 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding. This is now accepted!

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 3:41 PM Yoav Landman via Lists.Cd.Foundation <yoavl=jfrog.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 9:26 PM Andy Glover via Lists.Cd.Foundation <aglover=netflix.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding. 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:07 PM Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. Very happy to see this going and looking forward to the next steps.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.



--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
 

+1 binding. This is now accepted!

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 3:41 PM Yoav Landman via Lists.Cd.Foundation <yoavl=jfrog.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 9:26 PM Andy Glover via Lists.Cd.Foundation <aglover=netflix.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding. 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:07 PM Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. Very happy to see this going and looking forward to the next steps.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.


Re: CDF Projects & Outreachy

R. Tyler Croy
 

(replies inline)

On Fri, 06 Sep 2019, Tracy Miranda wrote:

Back at the July 30th [1]CDF TOC meeting I raised the topic of CDF projects
participating in the next round of Outreachy Internships. 

I'm happy to report back that since then we have had some behind the scenes
progress and have the following communities & community co-ordinators signed up
for the next round

• Jenkins X - Kara de la Marck
• Tekton - Tara Hernandez & Christie Wilson
• Jenkins - Tracy Miranda

I've outlined more details in this doc [2]CDF Projects in Outreachy 2019.
Next steps are to identify and list project proposals, mentors and volunteers.
Please let us know if you are interested in helping out either as mentor,
volunteer or promoting it so we can reach lots of potential interns. There is
also an option for companies interested in sponsoring interns. 

Thanks for outlining this Tracy. I strongly recommend every project in the CDF
consider Outreachy. In my opinion, programs like Outreachy are the best usage
of our collective budget and influence in the community, and as Tracy notes in
the document, it's an impactful long-term investment in the greater open source
ecosystem.



Also there will be an Outreachy Twitter chat on September 9th, do join in if
you can!


I'll see you all there :)


--
GitHub: https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2


Re: Welcome New Members - Sept 2019 Edition

Tara Hernandez
 

Yay, new members -- welcome!


On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 4:12 PM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CD Foundation Collaborators,

Please help me in sending a warm welcome to our newest members:
  • Dell Boomi
The Continuous Delivery Foundation is growing, and we look forward to new opportunities to create DevOps innovation, and support practitioners with an open and thriving ecosystem.

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




CDF Projects & Outreachy

Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...>
 

Hi all,

Back at the July 30th CDF TOC meeting I raised the topic of CDF projects participating in the next round of Outreachy Internships. 

I'm happy to report back that since then we have had some behind the scenes progress and have the following communities & community co-ordinators signed up for the next round
  • Jenkins X - Kara de la Marck
  • Tekton - Tara Hernandez & Christie Wilson
  • Jenkins - Tracy Miranda
I've outlined more details in this doc CDF Projects in Outreachy 2019.
Next steps are to identify and list project proposals, mentors and volunteers. Please let us know if you are interested in helping out either as mentor, volunteer or promoting it so we can reach lots of potential interns. There is also an option for companies interested in sponsoring interns. 

Also there will be an Outreachy Twitter chat on September 9th, do join in if you can!

Finally if we can add this to next TOC agenda I'll be happy to share more details.

Regards,
Tracy



Re: [cdf-outreach] Welcome New Members - Sept 2019 Edition

Kim Lewandowski <klewandowski@...>
 

Welcome to the club!


On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 7:51 AM Jayne Groll <jgroll@...> wrote:
Welcome!

Regards,

Jayne


THE ASSOCIATION FOR DevOps PROFESSIONALS

       

     .    

Jayne Groll

CEO

jayne@...

Twitter: @JayneGroll

DevOpsInstitute.com



https://info.devopsinstitute.com/2020-upskilling-survey


On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 7:12 PM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CD Foundation Collaborators,

Please help me in sending a warm welcome to our newest members:
  • Dell Boomi
The Continuous Delivery Foundation is growing, and we look forward to new opportunities to create DevOps innovation, and support practitioners with an open and thriving ecosystem.

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881



--
Kim Lewandowski | Product Manager, Google Cloud Platform | klewandowski@... 


Welcome New Members - Sept 2019 Edition

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hello CD Foundation Collaborators,

Please help me in sending a warm welcome to our newest members:
  • Dell Boomi
The Continuous Delivery Foundation is growing, and we look forward to new opportunities to create DevOps innovation, and support practitioners with an open and thriving ecosystem.

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881


Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Yoav Landman
 

+1 binding.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 9:26 PM Andy Glover via Lists.Cd.Foundation <aglover=netflix.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding. 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:07 PM Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. Very happy to see this going and looking forward to the next steps.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.


Re: Call for action for TOC members: check your GitHub notification setup!

Tara Hernandez
 

Oh geez, thanks for the reminder!  I wasn't watching either.  


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:25 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
This is a friendly reminder for the fellow TOC members.

In the last TOC meeting, Fatih Degirmenci raised a flag that PRs filed to the cdfoundation/toc repo went unnoticed for a couple of weeks. That obviously wouldn't create an impression of a welcoming community.

I checked my GitHub notification setup, and sure enough, I was not subscribed to the repository, so I wasn't getting any notifications from our TOC repo. I'm sure many of us have the same problem --- either you've disabled auto-watch in GitHub, or created an email filter rule to send GitHub notifications to the equivalent of /dev/null.

So please take this opportunity to inspect your notification/filter rules so that you get notified of an activitiy in the TOC repo.

Thanks!
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: Proposal: roadmap WG

Tara Hernandez
 

This looks like a great start, thanks so much for getting us going on this!

:)

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 6:11 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
As per the discussion in the last TOC meeting, I created a proposal for a WG to brainstorm the "roadmap" ideas.

Tara, I hope this captures the essence of what we discussed.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Andy Glover
 

+1 binding. 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:07 PM Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. Very happy to see this going and looking forward to the next steps.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.


Proposal: roadmap WG

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

As per the discussion in the last TOC meeting, I created a proposal for a WG to brainstorm the "roadmap" ideas.

Tara, I hope this captures the essence of what we discussed.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Call for action for TOC members: check your GitHub notification setup!

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

This is a friendly reminder for the fellow TOC members.

In the last TOC meeting, Fatih Degirmenci raised a flag that PRs filed to the cdfoundation/toc repo went unnoticed for a couple of weeks. That obviously wouldn't create an impression of a welcoming community.

I checked my GitHub notification setup, and sure enough, I was not subscribed to the repository, so I wasn't getting any notifications from our TOC repo. I'm sure many of us have the same problem --- either you've disabled auto-watch in GitHub, or created an email filter rule to send GitHub notifications to the equivalent of /dev/null.

So please take this opportunity to inspect your notification/filter rules so that you get notified of an activitiy in the TOC repo.

Thanks!
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Michael Winser
 

+1 non binding. Very happy to see this going and looking forward to the next steps.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Tara Hernandez
 

+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Kay Williams <kayw@...>
 

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

And here's my binding +1.


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


[VOTE] Security SIG

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: Welcome to the CDF, Jacqueline!

Tara Hernandez
 

Awesome, so glad the paperwork was finally sorted!

:)

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 8:49 AM Moritz Plassnig <mplassnig@...> wrote:
Welcome 👋😊

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 9:47 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
Yay, I'm glad to hear this is final & official!

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 9:34 PM Kim Lewandowski via Lists.Cd.Foundation <klewandowski=google.com@...> wrote:
Hi CDF Folks,

Please join me in welcoming Jacqueline Salinas to the CDF as our Director of Ecosystem!

Jacqueline Salinas is a New Mexico native and alumni of the University of New Mexico, where she graduated with a BBA in International Management. She was inspired to join the tech world in 2011 after her first intern experience at Intel, where she held multiple roles over the 6-year period she was there. Her various roles at Intel included product & brand development, developer outreach, event coordination, and outbound & partner marketing. Jacqueline has spent the past 2 years at AWS where she has focused on product marketing and managing digital marketing campaigns to drive service adoption.

In her own words, “I cannot wait to meet everyone! I am looking forward to collaborating and helping grow the foundation. Please feel free to ping, call, email and introduce yourself. I am currently based out of Seattle and in the process of relocating back to Santa Fe after +10 years of being away. I am always happy to share travel stories, coffee, or food. In my free time, you will find me storytelling, traveling, cooking/baking/eating, and playing with my dog Lily!”

--
Kim Lewandowski | Product Manager, Google Cloud Platform | klewandowski@... 



--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--

Moritz Plassnig

VP, Cloud

CloudBees, Inc.

CloudBees-Logo.png


P: +1-617-230-0266
E: mo@...
Twitter:
moritzplassnig



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: Welcome to the CDF, Jacqueline!

Moritz Plassnig
 

Welcome 👋😊


On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 9:47 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
Yay, I'm glad to hear this is final & official!

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 9:34 PM Kim Lewandowski via Lists.Cd.Foundation <klewandowski=google.com@...> wrote:
Hi CDF Folks,

Please join me in welcoming Jacqueline Salinas to the CDF as our Director of Ecosystem!

Jacqueline Salinas is a New Mexico native and alumni of the University of New Mexico, where she graduated with a BBA in International Management. She was inspired to join the tech world in 2011 after her first intern experience at Intel, where she held multiple roles over the 6-year period she was there. Her various roles at Intel included product & brand development, developer outreach, event coordination, and outbound & partner marketing. Jacqueline has spent the past 2 years at AWS where she has focused on product marketing and managing digital marketing campaigns to drive service adoption.

In her own words, “I cannot wait to meet everyone! I am looking forward to collaborating and helping grow the foundation. Please feel free to ping, call, email and introduce yourself. I am currently based out of Seattle and in the process of relocating back to Santa Fe after +10 years of being away. I am always happy to share travel stories, coffee, or food. In my free time, you will find me storytelling, traveling, cooking/baking/eating, and playing with my dog Lily!”

--
Kim Lewandowski | Product Manager, Google Cloud Platform | klewandowski@... 



--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--

Moritz Plassnig

VP, Cloud

CloudBees, Inc.

CloudBees-Logo.png


P: +1-617-230-0266
E: mo@...
Twitter:
moritzplassnig

641 - 660 of 858