Date

Regrets tomorrow

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

I'm traveling in Tokyo and therefore I won't be able to make it to the TOC meeting tomorrow. I'm hoping Tara would be able to run the meeting for us.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: How are other projects signing releases?

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

I've added my thought as a comment to the PR.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 6:03 PM Olivier Vernin <olivier@...> wrote:
I would like to add some clarification, while the end goal is to effectively get a code signing certificates, the "tricky" part is to have a "verified" account on one of the many provider that exist in order to get a certificate.
During that account creation they ask various information to verify that the person who create the account really belong to the organization and has the right to proceed.
I think we won't be able to create that account as long as the jenkins trademark is not fully transfered to the Linux Foundation

Olivier

---
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 52210D3D
---

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019, at 6:06 AM, Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
Hey Tyler, I re-opened the issue to do some more investigation on our end, I need a bit more detail on the legal concerns, before we find a creative solution.

Almost all projects go the GPG route (or through some package registry) so this may be a new case.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 10:20 PM R. Tyler Croy <rtyler@...> wrote:

Greetings from ye olde Jenkins projecte! My colleague in the Jenkins infra
project Olivier (olblak) has been working on automating our releases and the
issue of signing those releases has been a sticking point. This is especially
challenging for the Mac and Windows packages we distribute, which must be
signed with a certificate from a certificate authority (think Verisign, etc).
Our Linux packages in contrast can be signed with a GPG key we can generate
and distribute ourselves.

This ticket was opened by cra@
some misunderstanding about the specifics about our requirements.

When we tried this ourselves perviously and a certificate authority would _not_
issue us a certificate because "Jenkins" itself was/is not itself a legal
entity. My assumption was that the CDF, as a legitimate legal entity would be
able to broker a valid certificate on our behalf and that could be shoved into
our Azure Key Vault for signing of our releases. As you can see in the ticket,
there's reluctance to do so at the moment.

I'm wondering if any other projects have found a way to sign packages requiring
valid certificates in a way that I might be missing here. For example, if we
just purchased a normal cert for jenkins.io (as an example), and used that as a
code signing certificate, I'm not sure if that works in the Mac/Windows
ecosystem or if a certificate authority would go for it.

If there's not an approach I am be missing, and Dan's comments on the ticket
are correct in that the CDF would not at this time be able to acquire the code
signing certificate, then one of our initial motivations for Jenkins to move in
the foundation direction will have failed, and I'm not entirely certain how
we'll work around it. :-/

Looking forward to some ideas from the smart folks runnin' around here :)

Toodles
--

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: Proposal: MLOps Sig

Animesh Singh

Thanks all. There is great interest in this working group, and so far we have seen Github, Cloud Bees, Google onboard apart from IBM. I will now formally put in the right repo - and figure out a biweekly cadence which can work out for all of us, and get it kickstarted.

Please leave your email id on the github issue or the doc if you would like to participate.

Re: Is the Landscape ready for prime time?

Michael Neale

I had 2 PRs open which were moving some things around I thought were important. There is another PR open for a new project I saw - would be good to address those if possible.

On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 at 4:42 am, Tracy Ragan <tracy@...> wrote:
Hello distinguished TOC members.

Please let me know if you have any issues with the landscape.  We would love to get it out, start blogging about it, tweeting etc.   If the categories work we will publish it so organizations can start adding their logos.

One last thought - Do you think we should add an Issue Tracking category?

--
Kind Regards,

Tracy Ragan
CEO and Co-Founder / DeployHub / tel: + 1.505.424.6440/ mob: +1.505.780.0558

Follow us on: Blog / Twitter Facebook / LinkedIn / YouTube / GitHub
Where developers share and find microservices

--
Regards,

Michael Neale
twitter: @michaelneale, skype: michael_d_neale
Cell: +61 423175597 (Australia)
Cofounder @ CloudBees

Re: [cdf-outreach] Is the Landscape ready for prime time?

Ravi Lachhman

Thanks Tara!

-Ravi
---
Ravi Lachhman | Evangelist
+1-678-458-3898

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 4:01 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
Hi Ravi, the CDF has its own version of that posted here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/blob/master/PROJECT_LIFECYCLE.md

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 12:36 PM Ravi Lachhman <ravi.lachhman@...> wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is the criteria for "graduation"?

Following the CNCF criteria?

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 3:15 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
Issue Tracking SGTM

Also here is the link for folks who don't have it readily available:

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 1:42 PM TracyRagan <tracy@...> wrote:
Hello distinguished TOC members.

Please let me know if you have any issues with the landscape.  We would love to get it out, start blogging about it, tweeting etc.   If the categories work we will publish it so organizations can start adding their logos.

One last thought - Do you think we should add an Issue Tracking category?

--
Kind Regards,

Tracy Ragan
CEO and Co-Founder / DeployHub / tel: + 1.505.424.6440/ mob: +1.505.780.0558

Follow us on: Blog / Twitter Facebook / LinkedIn / YouTube / GitHub
Where developers share and find microservices

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

[...]

Balaji Siva

Hi Tracy,

logo placements seems little off. Can I call you for a quick discussion? I would think it would make sense to have the primary project on the top and vendors on the bottom row for the CI and Pipeline box.

Thanks
Balaji

408 201 2124

---- On Fri, 04 Oct 2019 11:42:17 -0700 TracyRagan <tracy@...> wrote ----

[...]

Chris Aniszczyk

[...]

Re: Announcing the CDF Security SIG

Kay Williams <kayw@...>

Correction. SIG-Security meetings will be held at 8 AM Pacific. Our first meeting will be next Tuesday 10/8.  Join us!