Date   

Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Tara Hernandez
 

Oh dammit, wasn't the vote I though it was -- but +1 for this one too... 

:)

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:00 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding, and thanks for all the work to clarify the community engagement and growth plans!

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 7:46 AM Simon Kaegi <simon_kaegi@...> wrote:

+1 non-binding (will add a PR to participate once merged)

"Alejandro Saucedo" ---2019/11/07 08:32:28 AM---+1 non-binding 🚀 Best wishes,

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: cdf-toc@...
Date: 2019/11/07 08:32 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Roadmap WG
Sent by: cdf-toc@...





+1 non-binding 🚀

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:

    +1 binding

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
    +1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
      I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

      So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

      Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

      I'll start with my own +1.

      --
      Kohsuke Kawaguchi





--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Tara Hernandez
 


On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 7:46 AM Simon Kaegi <simon_kaegi@...> wrote:

+1 non-binding (will add a PR to participate once merged)

"Alejandro Saucedo" ---2019/11/07 08:32:28 AM---+1 non-binding 🚀 Best wishes,

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: cdf-toc@...
Date: 2019/11/07 08:32 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Roadmap WG
Sent by: cdf-toc@...





+1 non-binding 🚀

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:

    +1 binding

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
    +1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
      I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

      So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

      Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

      I'll start with my own +1.

      --
      Kohsuke Kawaguchi





--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Simon Kaegi
 

+1 non-binding (will add a PR to participate once merged)

"Alejandro Saucedo" ---2019/11/07 08:32:28 AM---+1 non-binding 🚀 Best wishes,

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: cdf-toc@...
Date: 2019/11/07 08:32 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Roadmap WG
Sent by: cdf-toc@...





+1 non-binding 🚀

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:

    +1 binding

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
    +1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
      I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

      So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

      Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

      I'll start with my own +1.

      --
      Kohsuke Kawaguchi




Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Alejandro Saucedo
 

+1 non-binding 🚀

Best wishes,


Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon


Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
 

+1 binding


On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig

Terry Cox
 

Happy to describe the Tekton-based MLOps functionality within Jenkins-X if that helps.

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 7 Nov 2019, at 01:20, Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:



Hi Team

Tomorrow we will be meeting at 9 PST. Proposing the following agenda - please give feedback.

1. Animesh to give feedback from his talk at TFWorld on Kubeflow and Tensorflow Extended Pipelines

2. Andrea to talk about
a) Tekton/Argo step by step comparison
b) Demo the flip-coin equivalent pipeline in Tekton

3. Pavel to talk about current KFP/TFX merge discussion

Anyone else have something they would like to bring forward? i would like to hear about if folks have data about scalability of these pipeline solutions.

Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


__________________

Page for the MLOps Sig here: https://lists.cd.foundation/g/sig-mlops
Permanent Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/667125842


Re: MLOps Sig

Alejandro Saucedo
 

Good morning Animesh,

Thank you for the agenda - really looking forward to it.

We have put together a hands-on end-to-end MLOps tutorial using Jenkins X and Seldon that we would be very keen to share + get everyone's thoughts.

This basically consists of a JX quickstart that allows you to leverage Seldon's pre-packaged model servers to deploy your model as a "Jenkins X application" which can be tested e2e via Tekton and promoted via gitops across multiple (staging / production) environments.


Best wishes,


Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon


Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:20 AM Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:

Hi Team

Tomorrow we will be meeting at 9 PST. Proposing the following agenda - please give feedback.

1. Animesh to give feedback from his talk at TFWorld on Kubeflow and Tensorflow Extended Pipelines

2. Andrea to talk about
a) Tekton/Argo step by step comparison
b) Demo the flip-coin equivalent pipeline in Tekton

3. Pavel to talk about current KFP/TFX merge discussion

Anyone else have something they would like to bring forward? i would like to hear about if folks have data about scalability of these pipeline solutions.

Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


__________________

Page for the MLOps Sig here: https://lists.cd.foundation/g/sig-mlops
Permanent Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/667125842


Re: Addressing timezone challenges for TOC meetings

Kay Williams <kayw@...>
 

One potential conflict is that the sig-security meeting is scheduled for 8AM Pacific biweekly, one hour ahead of the TOC meeting.  We can consider rescheduling the sig-security meetings for another day of the week. I recommend selecting times for the TOC meeting first, and sig-security will adjust.

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 10:16 AM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] Addressing timezone challenges for TOC meetings

 

My default was leaving one meeting where it was but I would tentatively be okay with shifting an hour.  

 

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 10:05 AM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:

Is 8am PST too early?

This looks like it would be better for every other location.

8am PST == 6pm Tel Aviv == 8:30pm India == 12am Tokyo

 

 

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:31 Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:

So, I was staring at time zones, and came up with this possibility, assuming we alternate every meeting, so most folks get  _something_ plausible at least once a month:

 

9am PST == 7pm Tel Aviv == 9:30pm India == 1am Tokyo

 

and:

 

6pm PST == 4am Tel Aviv == 6:30am India == 10am Tokyo

 

India is admittedly getting somewhat sacrificed at the expense of keeping things more or less reasonable for the Left Coasters, but not sure how evil that is (any later is going to be very hard for most of our primary members, methinks)

 

What do y'all think?

 

--

Tara Hernandez

Engineering Manager Google Cloud

 

 


 

--

Tara Hernandez

Engineering Manager Google Cloud

 

 


Re: Addressing timezone challenges for TOC meetings

Tara Hernandez
 

My default was leaving one meeting where it was but I would tentatively be okay with shifting an hour.  


On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 10:05 AM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
Is 8am PST too early?
This looks like it would be better for every other location.
8am PST == 6pm Tel Aviv == 8:30pm India == 12am Tokyo


On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:31 Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
So, I was staring at time zones, and came up with this possibility, assuming we alternate every meeting, so most folks get  _something_ plausible at least once a month:

9am PST == 7pm Tel Aviv == 9:30pm India == 1am Tokyo

and:

6pm PST == 4am Tel Aviv == 6:30am India == 10am Tokyo

India is admittedly getting somewhat sacrificed at the expense of keeping things more or less reasonable for the Left Coasters, but not sure how evil that is (any later is going to be very hard for most of our primary members, methinks)

What do y'all think?

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Avi Kessner
 

+1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"


On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

Oleg Nenashev
 

+1 as long as CNCF incubation and graduation terms apply to the newly onboarded projects.

FTR even for founding projects the onboarding is still in progress. There were some concerns about adding new projects and hence spreading resources thin, but I think it is net positive to have more projects to facilitate the CDF internal processes and consolidation.

‐---‐-------------------
Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
Jenkins project

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 21:03 Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
Non-binding +1 the project excites me.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:46 Marky Jackson <marky.r.jackson@...> wrote:
Having worked at Yahoo! during the building of this tool I am a huge +1

On Nov 5, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

I'm calling the new round of voting for the incubation of Screwdriver.

The original presentation from the project is hereThe proposal has been updated based on the feedback from the previous round of votes. In particular, the growth plan.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: Addressing timezone challenges for TOC meetings

Avi Kessner
 

Is 8am PST too early?
This looks like it would be better for every other location.
8am PST == 6pm Tel Aviv == 8:30pm India == 12am Tokyo


On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:31 Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
So, I was staring at time zones, and came up with this possibility, assuming we alternate every meeting, so most folks get  _something_ plausible at least once a month:

9am PST == 7pm Tel Aviv == 9:30pm India == 1am Tokyo

and:

6pm PST == 4am Tel Aviv == 6:30am India == 10am Tokyo

India is admittedly getting somewhat sacrificed at the expense of keeping things more or less reasonable for the Left Coasters, but not sure how evil that is (any later is going to be very hard for most of our primary members, methinks)

What do y'all think?

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

Avi Kessner
 

Non-binding +1 the project excites me.


On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:46 Marky Jackson <marky.r.jackson@...> wrote:
Having worked at Yahoo! during the building of this tool I am a huge +1

On Nov 5, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

I'm calling the new round of voting for the incubation of Screwdriver.

The original presentation from the project is hereThe proposal has been updated based on the feedback from the previous round of votes. In particular, the growth plan.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


[VOTE] Roadmap WG

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

Marky Jackson <marky.r.jackson@...>
 

Having worked at Yahoo! during the building of this tool I am a huge +1

On Nov 5, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

I'm calling the new round of voting for the incubation of Screwdriver.

The original presentation from the project is hereThe proposal has been updated based on the feedback from the previous round of votes. In particular, the growth plan.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


[VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

I'm calling the new round of voting for the incubation of Screwdriver.

The original presentation from the project is hereThe proposal has been updated based on the feedback from the previous round of votes. In particular, the growth plan.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Addressing timezone challenges for TOC meetings

Tara Hernandez
 

So, I was staring at time zones, and came up with this possibility, assuming we alternate every meeting, so most folks get  _something_ plausible at least once a month:

9am PST == 7pm Tel Aviv == 9:30pm India == 1am Tokyo

and:

6pm PST == 4am Tel Aviv == 6:30am India == 10am Tokyo

India is admittedly getting somewhat sacrificed at the expense of keeping things more or less reasonable for the Left Coasters, but not sure how evil that is (any later is going to be very hard for most of our primary members, methinks)

What do y'all think?

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




TOC Meeting 10.22.19 - Recording Posted

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hello CDF TOC

Today's meeting is now posted to the CDF youtube channel: https://youtu.be/Z9ps5sZa0a8

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881



Security SIG Update

Kay Williams <kayw@...>
 

Hi All,

 

I won’t be able to make the TOC meeting today, but I wanted to provide an update from the Security SIG.

 

The main focus right now is an effort to create an industry standard for a ‘Software Bill of Materials’. You can learn more at the project web page:

 

https://www.it-cisq.org/software-bill-of-materials/

 

We are tracking to submit a draft specification on November 11.

 

If you, or someone you know, would like to get involved in this effort, please send me an email.

 

Kay

 

 

 

 


Re: FYI: New LF Telemetry Policy

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

I think it's reasonable to assume that what we already do is grandfathered in, but it'd be good to have Jenkins go through this review process to meet the new bar.


On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 9:23 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Does this policy apply to telemetry engines which were introduced *before* the new policy was announced? It is not clear from the text, but it is important if it becomes a policy for CDF projects.

Thanks in advance,
Oleg Nenashev
Jenkins project


On Tue, Oct 22, 2019, 01:57 Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Thanks, Dan!

It is also on the agenda for tomorrow TOC call.

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881




On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 4:38 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
This was recently published: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/telemetry-data-policy/

It covers the policies and review process for the collection of data. We might want to consider adding this to our project guidelines.

Dan Lorenc



--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

541 - 560 of 825