Date

Re: Project Graduations

Oleg Nenashev

Hi all,

Just FYI, we have started exploring the graduation requirement in the Jenkins project. Thanks to Dan for joining the last Governance meeting and explaining the process.Here is a developer mailing list thread started by Tracy Miranda, our work-in-progress checklist can be found here.

One thing I noticed is that there are two lists of requirements which differ from each other. For example, only one version references the Code of Conduct:

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 11:35 PM Tara Hernandez via lists.cd.foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
Reminder that tomorrow's meeting is on the new APAC friendly 6pm time, so we can have our Chinese language SIG contributor join us.

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 6:19 AM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
I've added this to tomorrow's TOC agenda. Thanks Oleg!

Dan Lorenc

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 9:28 AM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
Hi Dan and all,

One thing to keep in mind is that there is already a 2.0 version of Contributor Covenant. There are some differences.
Just in case, are there any plans to upgrade the Code of Conduct on the CDF side?

Once I know the target version for CDF, I will start the discussion about aligning the Contributor Covenant version in Jenkins.
Our version is old, and there are some statements in newer versions which would be a good addition.

Best regards,
Oleg

On Thu, May 7, 2020, 02:16 Michael Galloway via lists.cd.foundation <mgalloway=netflix.com@...> wrote:
For Spinnaker, we've adopted the 1.4 version of the CoC, but I think standardizing on the CDF version makes sense as much as possible.

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 2:26 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Great points. I think we should encourage the CDF Code of Conduct by default, but allow others with good reason after a review. Project-level escalation sounds great as well. The CDF could be used as a second level of escalation if necessary.

Any thoughts from others here?

Dan Lorenc

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 11:58 AM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I have another question about the current graduation requirements. Currently projects are expected to adopt the CDF Code of Conduct to graduate. In the case of the Jenkins project we have our own code of conduct which is an adopted version of Contributor Covenant 1.3 widely used in open-source projects. CDF Code of Conduct uses version 1.4 and there are some differences.

What does "Code of Conduct adoption" mean in practice?
  • Would it be enough to ensure that we use the same Contributor Covenant version in our project? Or would CDF TOC expect wider changes, e.g. replacing CoC completely by the CDF one?
  • Would we be expected to switch the escalation/enforcement process to conduct@...?  Currently the Jenkins project has its own escalation and enforcement process, managed by the Jenkins Governance Board.
Best regards,
Oleg

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 4:07 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Thanks Oleg!

I'd like to avoid making this a moving target by accident as we progress. Like you point out, the incoming changes in https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/76 add some extra requirements that aren't in the existing https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/blob/master/PROJECT_LIFECYCLE.md document.

I just opened a PR to add these requirements, the TOC can discuss and vote, and then we can submit a proposal for Jenkins: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/79

I think we'll need to quickly get a plan together for security audits at the CDF level.

Dan Lorenc

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 10:42 AM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
Hi all,

As a Jenkins board member, I would be interested in passing through the official CDF graduation checklist and review. From what I see on https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/blob/master/PROJECT_LIFECYCLE.md the Jenkins project fully meets the "graduated project" criteria though IIUC there are some incoming changes like https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/76 (CII requirement, 3rd-party security audit, etc.). It would be great to see the final list of requirements before we take it to the Jenkins community and discuss it there.

I also have a question about a 3rd-party security audit defined by Dan Lopez in https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/76. It may cost a lot for a big project like Jenkins if we want to have a formal security audit by a 3rd party. Just in case, does CDF have budget allocated for such audit in CDF projects? If not, such criteria may become a major obstacle.

Thanks in advance,
Oleg

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 5:29 PM Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...> wrote:
+1 good to have clarity then dog-food our own processes.

While it might be strange for some to see Jenkins 'graduate' think it will be good due-diligence and a good example for rest of the projects (not to mention more reasons to celebrate!)

Tracy

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 11:27 AM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey Everyone,

There's been some confusion around CDF project graduation/incubation statuses and I want to try to clear that up. If I remember correctly, when the initial projects came into the CDF we decided to keep them all at incubation status, even though some were likely to graduate quickly.

The plan was to firm up the graduation criteria, then move the more mature projects through this process as a trial run.

Does that still make sense to everyone? If so, I'd like to take a pass at the graduation criteria, then start to move Jenkins through to make sure the process makes sense and works.

Dan Lorenc

--

Michael Galloway | Delivery Engineering
mgalloway@... | m: 408.234.5205

AgdHAae.png

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

{MEMBER BENEFIT OPPTY} Reminder! Call for volunteers & content for CDF booth @ JFrog's swampUP Day Online, June 23-24 (America's PST timezone)

Jacque Salinas

Hello CDF Members, Ambassadors, et Community,

CDF is sponsoring a booth at the JFrog swampUP 2020 Online on June 23, 2020 and June 24th from 9am - 4pm PDT time.

We are seeking volunteers to help virtually staff the CDF booth. The minimum  requirement is 1 hour of your time. If you are interested in helping please sign up here!  (DEADLINE: June 15, 2020).

And we also have the option to sponsor live stream 1 hr session - send me an email if you're interested!

Any CDF members (all tiers) that volunteer -  we are also asking them to provide the following marketing collateral from their companies. This is an opportunity to speak about your company's technology and represent the CDF & its projects all in one place. The collateral will be available for attendees who stop by the booth to download.

Please provide in PDF format by DEADLINE: June 19, 2020 & send to jsalinas@....
  • Case studies
  • White papers
  • Data sheets
  • Infographics
  • Swag
We are seeking technical folks who can speak about the following projects:
  • Spinnaker
  • Tekton
  • Screwdriver
  • Jenkins
  • Jenkins X
  • CI/CD & DevOps general topics
We are also seeking volunteers from the Governing Board, TOC, and Ambassador program to help represent the CDF and speak to its initiatives. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me. Thanks!

Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667

{CDF Community Member Benefit} JFrog swampUP Day free registration codes! **LIMITED AMOUNT**

Jacque Salinas

Hello all,

As part of our sponsorship package we received the following benefit. We hope to see you there!

BONUS BENEFIT - 100 FREE EVENT REGISTRATIONS
As part of your sponsorship your company will receive 100 complimentary passes to swampUP Online. JFrog will donate $20 for every registration up to $2,000 that is directly contributed to COVID-19 relief.

  • CODE: CDFoundation2020

  • Please instruct your customers to enter your code at check out

  • The code is good for the Americas event June 24 and the EMEA/APAC event July 1

Register here:

{MEMBER BENEFIT OPPTY} Call for volunteers & content for CDF booth @ SKILup Days: CD Ecosystem on July 16, 2020 EST time

Jacque Salinas

Hello CDF Members, Ambassadors, et Community,

CDF is sponsoring a booth at the DevOps Institute SKILup Day: Continuous Delivery Ecosystem on July 16, 2020 9am - 4pm.

We are seeking volunteers to help virtually staff the CDF booth. The minimum  requirement is 1 hour of your time. If you are interested in helping please sign up here!  (DEADLINE: July 6, 2020).

Any CDF members (all tiers) that volunteer -  we are also asking them to provide the following marketing collateral from their companies. This is an opportunity to speak about your company's technology and represent the CDF & its projects all in one place. The collateral will be available for attendees who stop by the booth to download. Please provide in PDF format by DEADLINE: July 10, 2020 & send to jsalinas@....
  • Case studies
  • White papers
  • Data sheets
  • Infographics
  • Swag
We are seeking technical folks who can speak about the following projects:
  • Spinnaker
  • Tekton
  • Screwdriver
  • Jenkins
  • Jenkins X
  • CI/CD & DevOps general topics
We are also seeking volunteers from the Governing Board, TOC, and Ambassador program to help represent the CDF and speak to its initiatives. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me. Thanks!

Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667

{MEMBER BENEFIT OPPTY} Call for volunteers & content for CDF booth @ JFrog's swampUP Day Online, June 23-24 (Americas GMT 7 time zone)

Jacque Salinas

***correction to subject line! Apologies!

Hello CDF Members, Ambassadors, et Community,

CDF is sponsoring a booth at the JFrog swampUP 2020 Online on June 23, 2020 and June 24th from 9am - 4pm PDT time.

We are seeking volunteers to help virtually staff the CDF booth. The minimum  requirement is 1 hour of your time. If you are interested in helping please sign up here!  (DEADLINE: June 19, 2020).

{MEMBER BENEFIT OPPTY} Call for volunteers & content for CDF booth @ JFrog's swampUP Day Online, June 30 & July 1 (EMEA/APAC GMT+1)

Jacque Salinas

Hello CDF Members, Ambassadors, et Community,

CDF is sponsoring a booth at the JFrog swampUP 2020 Online on June 30, 2020 and July 1, 2020 from 9am - 4pm GMT+1 time zone.

We are seeking volunteers to help virtually staff the CDF booth. The minimum  requirement is 1 hour of your time. If you are interested in helping please sign up here!  (DEADLINE: June 22, 2020).

{MEMBER BENEFIT OPPTY} Call for volunteers & content for CDF booth @ JFrog's swampUP Day Online, July 23-24 (Americas GMT 7 time zone)

[...]

Re: Call for Volunteers: Collaboration Working Summit - Virtual Edition

Rosalind Benoit

I’d like to participate and bring a Spinnaker engineer or 2 along. LMK what help is needed

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 9:54 AM Kara de la Marck <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
I'm interested in participating. Excellent that the summit will move forward as a virtual event.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 3:50 PM Fatih Degirmenci <fdegir@...> wrote:
Same here.

Would be great to take part in the planning and the event to meet, explore, and discuss the collaboration opportunities with the projects.

/Fatih

On 4 Jun 2020, at 16:42, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:

I would be interested to participate in this. There are a lot of collab opportunities. I would be especially interested to discuss Jenkins and Tekton.

BR, Oleg

I would very much be interested

--
Rosalind Benoit
Director of Community at Armory

Re: Call for Volunteers: Collaboration Working Summit - Virtual Edition

Kara de la Marck

I'm interested in participating. Excellent that the summit will move forward as a virtual event.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 3:50 PM Fatih Degirmenci <fdegir@...> wrote:
Same here.

Would be great to take part in the planning and the event to meet, explore, and discuss the collaboration opportunities with the projects.

/Fatih

On 4 Jun 2020, at 16:42, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:

I would be interested to participate in this. There are a lot of collab opportunities. I would be especially interested to discuss Jenkins and Tekton.

BR, Oleg

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 16:24 Marky Jackson <marky.r.jackson@...> wrote:
I would very much be interested

> On Jun 4, 2020, at 7:17 AM, Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@....foundation> wrote:

Re: Call for Volunteers: Collaboration Working Summit - Virtual Edition

TracyRagan

I would be happy to help.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 8:17 AM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey Everyone,

With our in-person summit currently on hold, let's go virtual! I think most of our original goals - a focused session on improving how CDF projects can work together are still achievable without getting together in the same place, as much fun as that would have been.

Please let me know if you're still interested in helping coordinate this event. We're hoping to have a kickoff planning meeting next week.

Dan Lorenc

--
Kind Regards,

Tracy Ragan
CEO and Co-Founder / DeployHub / tel: + 1.505.424.6440/ mob: +1.505.780.0558
Follow me on: Blog / Twitter Facebook / LinkedIn / YouTube / GitHub
We make microservices easy.

Re: Call for Volunteers: Collaboration Working Summit - Virtual Edition

Fatih Degirmenci

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Hey Everyone,

With our in-person summit currently on hold, let's go virtual! I think most of our original goals - a focused session on improving how CDF projects can work together are still achievable without getting together in the same place, as much fun as that would have been.

Please let me know if you're still interested in helping coordinate this event. We're hoping to have a kickoff planning meeting next week.

Dan Lorenc

cdCON CFP promotion material - help us recruit speakers!

Jacque Salinas

Dear CDF Community,

The CFP just opened for cdCON 2020. Please help us spread the word on the CFP to recruit speakers. Share with your network and encourage everyone to apply. We would really love to see all of the different project communities well represented as well as diverse topics too.

I've put together some copy for social media with a video attachment. If you prefer to retweet us directly, I've added some links too.

COPY:

TWEETS:

LINKEDIN:
Thank you all for your help!

Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667

CDcon CFP is open!

Jacque Salinas

Hello everyone,

We have reached another important and MAJOR goal! We are hosting our first flagship event, CDcon!

Unfortunately, due to COVID19 it will be virtual but it's our own event that is not co-located.

Please start thinking about what talks you want to host and submit your talk by July 10th! I can't wait to read your submission!

Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667

Re: June 2nd Meeting Agenda

Tara Hernandez

Yeah, my calendar showed the update yesterday, thankfully I caught it!

:)

This new morning time is hopefully a little easier for our friends in Eastern Europe/Middle East/India.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 9:15 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
Oops, somehow my calendar had this from 9am PT and by the time I show up it was all over. My apologies.

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 6:22 AM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hello,

This is a reminder to please add agenda items to the meeting doc before tomorrow's meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uBHar55fTInWF9Li4t0lyG3tTC8BRLU0FfBfsgk_Jrs/edit?ts=5c9580be#

Dan Lorenc

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

Re: June 2nd Meeting Agenda

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Oops, somehow my calendar had this from 9am PT and by the time I show up it was all over. My apologies.

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 6:22 AM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hello,

This is a reminder to please add agenda items to the meeting doc before tomorrow's meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uBHar55fTInWF9Li4t0lyG3tTC8BRLU0FfBfsgk_Jrs/edit?ts=5c9580be#

Dan Lorenc

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

June 2nd Meeting Agenda

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Hello,

This is a reminder to please add agenda items to the meeting doc before tomorrow's meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uBHar55fTInWF9Li4t0lyG3tTC8BRLU0FfBfsgk_Jrs/edit?ts=5c9580be#

Dan Lorenc

Formation of End User Counsel Working Group

Jacque Salinas

Hello!

As a result of the most recent GB meeting we saw there was a need to form an End User Counsel for our members. Currently, GB member from Capital One, John Mark, has volunteered to lead the charge on this working group.

We invite our members who are interested in helping define the End User Counsel to join us on June 11, 2020 @ 3pm PST. The goal is to have the program defined and launched in July of 2020.

If you have any questions, please let me know! Thanks!

--
Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community