Date

cdCON 2020: Help us promote our 1st flagship event!

Jacque Salinas

Hello everyone,

We are very excited to announce that we are 7 weeks away from going live with the CD Foundation's first flagship event: cdCON! The planning committee and LF events team have been working very hard to bring you a truly impressive event! Here is a quick update:

Sponsorships - prospectus! We are still looking for sponsors in the following tiers: Gold, Silver, Start Up, and End User. Reach out to events@..., if you are interested in being a sponsor or have questions about the prospectus.

**Sponsors: Don't forget to provide us your logo so we can display it on our website.**
  • Out for signature ~$110K
  • Contract signed ~$37.5K
    • Diamond: (2) sold out
    • Platinum: (3) sold out
    • Gold [$7.5K]: (5)
    • Silver [$5K]: (4) available
    • Start - up [$2.5K]: (unlimited)
    • End User: (unlimited)
Registration - register now for $25!  cdCon supports our community and has pledged to donate 100% of the proceeds received from cdCon 2020 registration to charitable causes. Registrants will indicate which charitable fund they want their registration fees to go to during registration. Support the following orgs by donating your $25 registration fee:
Registration #s:
  • Total: 38
  • Speakers: 20
  • Attendees: 18
Help us drive registration numbers by tweeting, click to tweet, or retweeting the following copies:

Copy (see attachments for creatives):
Click to Tweet:
T​hanks for your contribution and help! ​

--
Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation

CDF @ DevOps World 2020 - call for booth volunteers!

Jacque Salinas

Hi everyone,

Just a friendly reminder! CDF is sponsoring a booth at the event DevOps World 2020, which is coming up and we are looking for some volunteers to help staff the CDF booth.

We need all staff to sign up by Sept. 1, 2020!

Event date: September 22-24, 2020
Event times: 6am PDT - 2pm PDT

We are seeking technical folks who can speak about the following projects:
  • Spinnaker
  • Tekton
  • Screwdriver
  • Jenkins
  • Jenkins X
  • CI/CD & DevOps general topics
​We should also have some reps from our member companies & ambassadors represent the CDF in general. The minimum participation is 1 hr. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks! ​

--
Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667

Agenda for TOC Meeting - August 18th

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Reminder, we have our Asia-friendly TOC meeting tomorrow, August 18th at 6pm Pacific. Please add agenda items to the document here:

Dan Lorenc

Re: [External Sender] [cdf-gb] DevOps World - CDF sponsored track GB & TOC governing board panels

John Mark Walker <johnmark.walker@...>

Hi Jacque,

I'm happy to volunteer. If you want more of an SME, I can recommend someone as well.

-JM

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 12:32 PM Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:
Hi Governing Board, TOC, Outreach Committee,

We have a sponsored track at DevOps World 2020. I think it would be great to have the governing bodies host a 1 hr panel about the CDF. If you are interested in volunteering, please let me know. I would like to have 4 speakers by July 31st. Please let me know!

I will help coordinate logistics & messaging outlines. Thanks!

--
Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667

--

John Mark Walker (he/him)

Director • Open Source Program Office and SDLC
mobile +1 703.946.3817   @jm_stuff

assistant: email dana.hill@...

Re: Jenkins Has Graduated!

Tara Hernandez

Awesome news, well done!

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 8:03 AM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
CDF graduation work was a major effort in the Jenkins community. Congratulations and thanks to the dozens of contributors who made our graduation possible. I would like to thank Alex Earl, Alyssa Tong, Dan Lorenc, Daniel Beck, Jeff Thompson, Marky Jackson, Mark Waite, Olivier Vernin, Tim Jacomb, Tracy Miranda, Ullrich Hafner, Wadeck Follonier, and all other contributors who helped with reviews and provided their feedback!

Also thanks to the Continuous Delivery Foundation marketing team (Jacqueline Salinas, Jesse Casman and Roxanne Joncas) for their work on promoting the Jenkins project and, specifically, its graduation.

P.S: Sorry if I forgot anyone in the list

Best regards,
Oleg

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 9:52 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
Woohoo! Hats off to Oleg.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 12:32 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
With the remaining votes coming in last week, I'm happy to announce that Jenkins has officially graduated!

I want to thank Oleg for his hard work driving this forward, including the numerous process improvements he made to the CDF graduation criteria.

Look forward to some exciting blog posts and other press events later this week!

Dan Lorenc

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

Re: Jenkins Has Graduated!

Oleg Nenashev

[...]

Jenkins Has Graduated!

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

With the remaining votes coming in last week, I'm happy to announce that Jenkins has officially graduated!

I want to thank Oleg for his hard work driving this forward, including the numerous process improvements he made to the CDF graduation criteria.

Look forward to some exciting blog posts and other press events later this week!

Dan Lorenc

Agenda Items for Tomorrow's Meeting

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Reminder, we're meeting tomorrow, August 4th at 8AM Pacific. Please add agenda items here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uBHar55fTInWF9Li4t0lyG3tTC8BRLU0FfBfsgk_Jrs/edit

Dan Lorenc

Re: [cdf-outreach] [cdf-toc] DevOps World - CDF sponsored track GB & TOC governing board panels

Michael Winser

Count me in.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:45 PM Tara Hernandez via lists.cd.foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm also happy to help here.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 10:41 AM TracyRagan <tracy@...> wrote:
As always - I'm game.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:07 AM Rosalind Benoit via lists.cd.foundation <rosalind.benoit=armory.io@...> wrote:
Sounds like a great idea and happy to help

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 9:32 AM Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:
Hi Governing Board, TOC, Outreach Committee,

We have a sponsored track at DevOps World 2020. I think it would be great to have the governing bodies host a 1 hr panel about the CDF. If you are interested in volunteering, please let me know. I would like to have 4 speakers by July 31st. Please let me know!

I will help coordinate logistics & messaging outlines. Thanks!

--
Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation

--
Rosalind Benoit
Director of Community at Armory
@dnilasor on Spinnaker Slack
@dnilas0r on Twitter

--
Kind Regards,

Tracy Ragan
CEO and Co-Founder / DeployHub / tel: + 1.505.424.6440/ mob: +1.505.780.0558
Follow me on: Blog / Twitter Facebook / LinkedIn / YouTube / GitHub
We make microservices easy.

--
[...]

TracyRagan

503-857-7357  |  rosalind@...  |  www.armory.io
@dnilasor on Spinnaker Slack
@dnilas0r on Twitter

--
Kind Regards,

Tracy Ragan
CEO and Co-Founder / DeployHub / tel: + 1.505.424.6440/ mob: +1.505.780.0558
Follow me on: Blog / Twitter Facebook / LinkedIn / YouTube / GitHub
We make microservices easy.

Re: DevOps World - CDF sponsored track GB & TOC governing board panels

Rosalind Benoit

[...]

Re: CD Foundation program management

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Cheers from San Jose!

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 11:05 AM Tara Hernandez via lists.cd.foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
Welcome Gale!

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 8:51 PM Michael Winser via lists.cd.foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
Welcome Gale!

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020, 11:32 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
Governing board and TOC,

As most of you know, Dan Lopez left the Linux Foundation to pursue other opportunities. I'd like to introduce Gale McCommons, who will be replacing Dan as program manager for CDF.

Gale is on my team at the Linux Foundation, and has already begun working with Tracy Miranda and Jacque Salinas on a variety of CDF items. Going forward, Gale and I will both be helping to reduce the backlog of todos, as well as support the project on ongoing work. Generally speaking, I'll be focused on the backlog and Gale will be helping with the ongoing program management work.

The best way to reach us is by emailing the operations@... alias. This is configured to forward to both of us.

Thank you, and we're looking forward to working with you,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: [cdf-gb] CD Foundation program management

David Lai

Welcome Gale! Looking forward to collaborating with you.

David

[...]

+1 724 301-6171

[...]

Re: [VOTE] Jenkins Graduation

Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 11:27 AM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey Everyone,

As discussed in today's TOC call, the Jenkins graduation proposal is ready for a vote. The criteria we have established are available for reference here.

I'll start with my own +1.

Please try to get your votes in by the end of this week, July 24th.

Dan Lorenc

Re: [VOTE] Jenkins Graduation

James Strachan

+1

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 4:27 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey Everyone,

As discussed in today's TOC call, the Jenkins graduation proposal is ready for a vote. The criteria we have established are available for reference here.

I'll start with my own +1.

Please try to get your votes in by the end of this week, July 24th.

Dan Lorenc

--
James
-------
Twitter: @jstrachan

Jenkins X: a CI/CD solution for modern cloud applications on Kubernetes

Re: [VOTE] Jenkins Graduation

Jithin Emmanuel <jithine@...>

+1 from me.

--
Jithin

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 10:14 AM Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...> wrote:
Reminder: If you're on the to: line, we still do not have your vote.

Please vote on the Jenkins graduation ASAP!

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:49 AM Tara Hernandez <tarahernandez@...> wrote:
+1

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 8:27 AM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey Everyone,

As discussed in today's TOC call, the Jenkins graduation proposal is ready for a vote. The criteria we have established are available for reference here.

I'll start with my own +1.

Please try to get your votes in by the end of this week, July 24th.

Dan Lorenc

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud