Date

Notes from the first meeting

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

It was nice to see you all. The agenda, notes, and action items for the meeting are here.

Dan, I assume you'll have the link to the recording. When you get around to it, please add it to the doc!

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Principles

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

I took the action item in the last meeting to turn the collaboratively edited version of the CDF TOC Principles into a GitHub PR in preparation toward the approval.

This PR is here. If you have thoughts, feedbacks, etc., please let them come!

After the initial round of conversations, I haven't seen much activities on this, which I'm taking as a sign of consensus. If that continues, I think we can vote and approve this the next time we meet.

(That isn't to rush it, so if this email sparks a lively conversation, we should obviously let that run its course first)

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Inventorying existing project infrastructure

R. Tyler Croy

Greetings! THere was a brief mention of inventorying project infrastructure
for the existing CDF projejcts in the first/last TOC meeting.

I've started a Google Doc, but I do not have Google account emails for the
appropriate "infra leads" or people who would know about this kind of thing for
Spinnaker or Tekton.

Andy/Dan, would you mind shooting me a couple email addresses off list?

Cheers
--
GitHub: https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2

Re: Principles

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Thanks Kohsuke! Looks great to me so far. Thanks to Tyler and Zhao for the feedback as well.

Dan Lorenc

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 5:57 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I took the action item in the last meeting to turn the collaboratively edited version of the CDF TOC Principles into a GitHub PR in preparation toward the approval.

This PR is here. If you have thoughts, feedbacks, etc., please let them come!

After the initial round of conversations, I haven't seen much activities on this, which I'm taking as a sign of consensus. If that continues, I think we can vote and approve this the next time we meet.

(That isn't to rush it, so if this email sparks a lively conversation, we should obviously let that run its course first)

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

RFC: CDF Project Proposal Process

Chris Aniszczyk

I put together a stab at the project proposal after comments from the
last TOC meeting: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/3

Please take a look and let me know what you think. We should use this
as a discussion topic for next week's TOC meeting. We decided to only
support two stages: incubation/graduated and I did my best to put
something together based on my experience.

Consider everything open for discussion though, look forward to
comments on GitHub! :)

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: Inventorying existing project infrastructure

R. Tyler Croy

(replies inline)

On Mon, 01 Apr 2019, R. Tyler Croy wrote:

Greetings! THere was a brief mention of inventorying project infrastructure
for the existing CDF projejcts in the first/last TOC meeting.

I've started a Google Doc, but I do not have Google account emails for the
appropriate "infra leads" or people who would know about this kind of thing for
Spinnaker or Tekton.

THe shared doc is located here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/153UnFN21VsSLUVTR35UKrnxmaIvlJCa38QUcaSvgSxI/edit?usp=sharing

I don't have a Google account for somebody to add Jenkins X and Tekton
resource, so this is of limited utility for future discussions with lF IT.

Cheers
--
GitHub: https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2

Re: Inventorying existing project infrastructure

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Thanks Tyler, I updated it with some info for Tekton.

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 7:51 PM R. Tyler Croy <rtyler@...> wrote:
(replies inline)

On Mon, 01 Apr 2019, R. Tyler Croy wrote:

> Greetings! THere was a brief mention of inventorying project infrastructure
> for the existing CDF projejcts in the first/last TOC meeting.
>
> I've started a Google Doc, but I do not have Google account emails for the
> appropriate "infra leads" or people who would know about this kind of thing for
> Spinnaker or Tekton.

THe shared doc is located here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/153UnFN21VsSLUVTR35UKrnxmaIvlJCa38QUcaSvgSxI/edit?usp=sharing

I don't have a Google account for somebody to add Jenkins X and Tekton
resource, so this is of limited utility for future discussions with lF IT.

Cheers
--
GitHub:  https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2

Re: Principles

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

I just incorporated one more round of feedbacks based on the new set of PR comments. Thanks Ray and Fatih!

Talk to you soon.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:42 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
[...]

rpaik@...

Thanks Kohsuke!

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 1:51 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
[...]

CDF TOC Agenda for 4/9/2019

Chris Aniszczyk

Hey all, we meet in about an hour:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uBHar55fTInWF9Li4t0lyG3tTC8BRLU0FfBfsgk_Jrs/edit#

The main discussion topics are on approving the principles and discuss
the project lifecycle process.

We also now have a YouTube channel where we can dump recordings now,
the last TOC meeting is here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HcWhSetq6nTlpMXPHKz_A

Anyways, see folks in about an hour!

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

CD Summit at KubeCon China June 2019

tmiranda@...

Hi all,

We'd love to do another co-located CD Summit event at KubeCon China.

Who would like to be part of the organizing group for this i.e. running a cfp or curating talks, setting the schedules.
Ideally you will be already planning to attend KubeCon China and can attend this event which will be a day 0 event.

So far I know we'll have Alyssa & other folks from CloudBees there. Rick, will you be there with Alauda?
Any other interest?

Tracy

Re: CD Summit at KubeCon China June 2019

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

I'm interested in helping plan and coordinate from Google. I plan on attending

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019, 1:33 PM <tmiranda@...> wrote:
Hi all,

We'd love to do another co-located CD Summit event at KubeCon China.

Who would like to be part of the organizing group for this i.e. running a cfp or curating talks, setting the schedules.
Ideally you will be already planning to attend KubeCon China and can attend this event which will be a day 0 event.

So far I know we'll have Alyssa & other folks from CloudBees there. Rick, will you be there with Alauda?
Any other interest?

Tracy

Re: CD Summit at KubeCon China June 2019

Rick

Hi Tracy,

I'm in. I'd love to help any way I can especially in China.

Regards,
Rick

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 4:48 AM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm interested in helping plan and coordinate from Google. I plan on attending

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019, 1:33 PM <tmiranda@...> wrote:
Hi all,

We'd love to do another co-located CD Summit event at KubeCon China.

Who would like to be part of the organizing group for this i.e. running a cfp or curating talks, setting the schedules.
Ideally you will be already planning to attend KubeCon China and can attend this event which will be a day 0 event.

So far I know we'll have Alyssa & other folks from CloudBees there. Rick, will you be there with Alauda?
Any other interest?

Tracy

Re: CD Summit at KubeCon China June 2019

runzexia@...

I am also interested in participating, I will share jenkins x on kubecon, what can I help with CD Summit?

TOC Principles Statement

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Hey TOC,

What's the next step to getting the principles statement approved and merged? Do we need to call for a TOC vote here on the mailing list?

Dan Lorenc

Re: TOC Principles Statement

Chris Aniszczyk

If people are happy, I'd call a vote on the mailing list next week and
finalize them.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 12:26 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation
<dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:

Hey TOC,

What's the next step to getting the principles statement approved and merged? Do we need to call for a TOC vote here on the mailing list?

Dan Lorenc

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: CD Summit at KubeCon China June 2019

David Lai

Hi Tracy,

I'll be in and happy to help in China CDF.

Thanks,
David

CDF TOC Agenda for 4/23/2019

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

We will be meeting in an about an hour:

https://zoom.us/my/cdf.toc

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

[VOTE] CDF TOC Principles v1.0

Chris Aniszczyk

Hey all, I'd like to call a vote on the TOC principles.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full document is
located here:
https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/2

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: CDF TOC Agenda for 4/23/2019

Oleg Nenashev

Hi. Is this meeting open for everyone? Or just TOC members?

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019, 18:08 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
We will be meeting in an about an hour:

https://zoom.us/my/cdf.toc

--