Date

CDF Webcast w/Michael Stahnke from CircleCI: LIVE NOW!

Jacque Salinas

Hi CDF Community,

We are live right now for episode 3 of the CDF webcast program.

Topic: Data-Driven Benchmarks for High Performing Engineering Teams

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 11.02.27 AM.png

--
Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation

Re: [VOTE] Events Sig Proposal!

Emil Bäckmark

That’s a very valid comment, Oleg. We had a brief discussion on exactly that in our Slack channel before pushing the PR, and we also lifted it in our last workstream meeting but ended up in keeping that short name in the proposal. It seems that whatever we add to the name it could still be misinterpreted… Do you have any proposal on a name that would make it clearer without limiting what we intend to handle within the SIG?

BR,

Emil

From: "Tracy Miranda" <tmiranda@...>
To: Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
Cc: cdf-toc <cdf-toc@...>
Date: 2021/02/03 09:13 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Events Sig Proposal!
Sent by: cdf-toc@...

This is a great initiative, so a wholehearted +1 [non-binding]...
This Message Is From an External Sender
This is a great initiative, so a wholehearted +1 [non-binding]

Great team effort and thanks Isaac Mosquera for stepping up as TOC sponsor!

Tracy

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:41 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
    Hey TOC members,

    The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

    Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

    I'll start with my own +1!

    Dan Lorenc

Re: [VOTE] Events Sig Proposal!

TracyRagan

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 6:41 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

--
Kind Regards,

Tracy Ragan
CEO and Co-Founder / DeployHub / tel: + 1.505.424.6440/ mob: +1.505.780.0558
Follow me on: Blog / Twitter Facebook / LinkedIn / YouTube / GitHub
We make microservices easy.

Re: [VOTE] Events Sig Proposal!

TracyRagan

Thank you Isaac!

Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...>

This is a great initiative, so a wholehearted +1 [non-binding]

Great team effort and thanks Isaac Mosquera for stepping up as TOC sponsor!

Tracy

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:41 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

[VOTE] Events Sig Proposal!

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Hey TOC members,

The Events SIG has written their proposed charter here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/91 and it is ready for a vote. We have even found them a sponsor, Isaac Mosquera!

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1!

Dan Lorenc

cdCON 2021 - W6 Feb. 1st Update

Jacque Salinas

Hi CDF Community,

Thank you to all of our sponsors! We are excited to announce that we've had a strong start to our registration numbers & sales!
We have an update to our community organizations too. We have added She Code Africa as additional organization we are fundraising for during the registration process.

Don't forget to register, it's FREE!

(she)DF quarterly meeting - Feb. 10th

Jacque Salinas

Hello TOC!

We are hosting an event for the ladies and allies of the CDF's first diversity & inclusion initiative - (she)DF. We want to invite you to our first quarterly hangout. We coordinated a panel of female speakers to help the women of the CDF community on how to LEVEL UP their DevOps career! Not only will there be awesome speakers but also the amazing, wonderful network of (she)DF members from the CD & DevOps industry. Please send this invite along to colleagues & friends who might like to participate.

Date: Feb 10, 2021 10:00 AM iPacific Time (US and Canada)

Register Here!

cdCON 2021: Jan. Update

Jacque Salinas

Hi CDF Community,

Thank you for your continuous support! We are looking forward to hosting cdCON 2021 in June.
I wanted to share some quick updates on how we are doing since our launch on Jan. 4th.
Don't forget to register, it's FREE!

  • Registrations to date: 577 out of 3000
  • Sponsorship sales: $147K (signed or out for signature) out of $200K
    • Diamond & Platinum are sold out!
    • Ask me about Gold, Silver, Start up and End User tiers & add ons
    • Sponsorship Prospectus
  • Share the news!
  • Submit your talk. CFP is open.
  • Interested in helping as a program reviewer? Let us know!

CDF Member Webcast: A Developer Friendly Approach to Deploying Faster on Kubernetes

Jacque Salinas

Hi Folks,

In case you didn't make it to last week's first webcast episode of the year, you can catch up and watch it on youtube. Thank you to Shipa & Bruno Andrade for joining us!

CDF Annual Report 2020

Jacque Salinas

Hi TOC Members,

We have published the CDF Annual Report! I invite you to take a look at all the great accomplishments the CDF was able to reach with your help! Please help share the news.

Jacqueline Salinas

End User Council Plan 2021

Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...>

Hi all,

Here is the CDF End User Council Plan for 2021 (attached)
 - (also available to download from https://cd.foundation/end-user-council/)

As mentioned at our call we are mapping out dates for the first topic 'Measuring DevOps Success' for this quarter.
Discussions on the topic are happening here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/end-user-council/discussions (subscribe to stay in the loop!)
It would also be great to figure out how each CDF project can speak to how they facilitate measuring DORA metrics or related.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Tracy

cdCon Call-for-papers open

Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...>

Hi all,

cdCon call-for-papers is open, please submit your talks for this year's event:

We already have 15 proposals in progress so thanks to those folks. This year we will pick out some early bird talks selections, see dates below.

We also have ~500 folks registered for the event which will be held virtually June 23-24.

Tracy.

Dates to Remember

  • CFP Opens: Monday, January 11 at 12:00 am PST
  • Early Bird Submission Deadline: Friday, February 19 by 11:59 PM PST *
  • CFP Closes: Friday, March 5 at 11:59 PM PST
  • CFP Notifications: Friday, March 26
  • Schedule Announcement: Friday, April 2
  • Presentation Slide Due Date: Friday, May 21
  • Event Dates: Wednesday, June 23 – Thursday, June 24, 2021

    * (5) CFP submissions will be selected and highlighted as Early Bird picks by the program committee from all talks submitted by the February 19 deadline. Talk submissions not selected as Early Bird picks will still be considered for the final agenda.

cdCON 2021: Sponsorship Opportunities

Jacque Salinas

CDF Invites You to cdCON 2021!

Join Continuous Delivery leaders, industry icons, practitioners, and open source developers for a two-day virtual experience as we improve the world’s capacity to deliver software with security and speed.

cdCON 2021 expects to host 3,000+ virtual attendees, offer 45+ sessions with 5 project-focused learning and collaboration tracks, plus engaging and inspiring keynotes on each day. Don't miss out on the opportunity to join us.

Contact events@... to secure your sponsorship today.

Re: Agenda for Tomorrow?

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

That filled up quick! See everyone tomorrow!

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021, 4:12 PM Tracy Ragan <tracy@...> wrote:
I believe the SIG-Events in CD should be on the agenda.  They are planning to present their charter.

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 2:42 PM Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...> wrote:
Hi Dan,

I've added a couple of things on - would love to update folks on the End User Council's 2021 plans and also added Google Summer of Code 2021.

Tracy

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 4:38 PM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey TOC,

I don't have much of an agenda for tomorrow. Feel free to add topics to the doc here if you have anything: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uBHar55fTInWF9Li4t0lyG3tTC8BRLU0FfBfsgk_Jrs/edit?ts=5c9580be#

If there's not enough to discuss by tomorrow morning, I'll cancel and we can tackle anything over email.

Dan Lorenc

--
[...]

221 - 240 of 820