Date

Re: Project Graduations

Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...>

+1 good to have clarity then dog-food our own processes.

While it might be strange for some to see Jenkins 'graduate' think it will be good due-diligence and a good example for rest of the projects (not to mention more reasons to celebrate!)

Tracy

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 11:27 AM Dan Lorenc via lists.cd.foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey Everyone,

There's been some confusion around CDF project graduation/incubation statuses and I want to try to clear that up. If I remember correctly, when the initial projects came into the CDF we decided to keep them all at incubation status, even though some were likely to graduate quickly.

The plan was to firm up the graduation criteria, then move the more mature projects through this process as a trial run.

Does that still make sense to everyone? If so, I'd like to take a pass at the graduation criteria, then start to move Jenkins through to make sure the process makes sense and works.

Dan Lorenc

Project Graduations

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Hey Everyone,

There's been some confusion around CDF project graduation/incubation statuses and I want to try to clear that up. If I remember correctly, when the initial projects came into the CDF we decided to keep them all at incubation status, even though some were likely to graduate quickly.

The plan was to firm up the graduation criteria, then move the more mature projects through this process as a trial run.

Does that still make sense to everyone? If so, I'd like to take a pass at the graduation criteria, then start to move Jenkins through to make sure the process makes sense and works.

Dan Lorenc

Re: 2020 CDF Governing Board Chairperson Announcement

Kara de la Marck

Congratulations, Tracy! Awesome news!!!

The CDF has benefited enormously from your leadership and involvement -- exciting to think what the future will bring!

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 8:18 PM Alejandro Saucedo <as@...> wrote:
Amazing news!! Congratulations Tracy!!

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Engineering Director (Machine Learning) at Seldon

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 7:44 PM Jose Carlos Hernandez Cuellar <jchc1987@...> wrote:
Congratulations, Tracy.

Regards…!

---
Carlos Cuellar
+52 5512565893

En 21 de abril de 2020 en 10:14:37, Dan Lopez (dlopez@...) escrito:

Hello CDF Community

We are excited to announce that Tracy Miranda, Director of Open Source Community at CloudBees, has been elected as chair of the CD Foundation Governing Board. CloudBees is a Premier Member of the CD Foundation, and Tracy has been deeply involved in CD Foundation activities over the past year, serving on the Governing Board, helping craft the 9 Strategic Goals of the foundation, and participating in CD Foundation events around the globe.

“I’m excited and honoured to be elected chair of the CD Foundation governing board. I join all CDF members in expressing sincere thanks to Kim Lewandowski for great progress in our first 12 months. Recent global events highlight how continuous software delivery is critical to every industry. The CDF will increasingly drive many key initiatives in this space, and I am excited to work with CDF members and the broader CI/CD community to pursue the CDF’s 9 Strategic Goals and move the CDF forward.” - Tracy Miranda

The CD Foundation Governing Board raises, budgets and spends funds in support of CI/CD open source and standards projects. According to the CD Foundation, the Chair is responsible for the overall management of the foundation’s budget, and “will preside over meetings of the Governing Board, manage any day-to-day operational decisions, and will submit minutes for Governing Board approval.” The full charter is available here.

Tracy succeeds Kim Lewandowski, Product Manager at Google, who served as the CD Foundation’s first Governing Board chair.

Blog Post announcement: https://cd.foundation/blog/2020/04/21/new-chair-of-cd-foundation-governing-board-elected/

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

[...]

Re: [cdf-gb] [cdf-outreach] 2020 CDF Governing Board Chairperson Announcement

Animesh Singh

Congratulations Tracy!!!

Thanks,

Animesh

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 10:18 AM Michael Winser via lists.cd.foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
Congrats Tracy!

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:47 PM Shawn Clymer <sclymer@...> wrote:
Congrats Tracy!

Shawn Clymer
Program Director, IBM Cloud Continuous Delivery
IBM Cloud
sclymer@...

From:        "Raj Panchapakesan via lists.cd.foundation" <rajp=jfrog.com@...>
To:        Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
Cc:        cdf-gb@..., cdf-outreach@..., cdf-toc@..., cdf-general-members@..., cdf-end-user-members@...
Date:        04/21/2020 12:44 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdf-gb] [cdf-outreach] 2020 CDF Governing Board Chairperson Announcement
Sent by:        cdf-gb@...

Congrats, Tracy.  Wish you the best.  Great to have you leading the BOD.

dlopez@...

--

Best,

-Raj

Raj Panchapakesan | Sr. Director: Global Alliances & Biz Dev
Mobile: +1 408-230-4698 |
Linkedin  Twitter
JFrog Inc. Sunnyvale, CA

This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information and is intended only for the person/entity to whom it was originally addressed.  The content of this message may contain private views and opinions, which do not constitute a formal disclosure or commitment unless specifically stated.

Re: [cdf-gb] [cdf-toc] 2020 TOC Chairperson Election Announcement

Michael Winser

Congratulations to Dan and many thanks to Kohsuke for his leadership.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:42 PM Raj Panchapakesan via lists.cd.foundation <rajp=jfrog.com@...> wrote:
Congrats, Dan.  good luck

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 8:53 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
Cheers and congrats!

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 8:06 AM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CDF Community

We are excited to announce that Dan Lorenc has been elected the CDF Technical Oversight Committee (TOC) Chairperson.

The TOC is responsible for the overall technical management of CDF projects, ultimately managing and guiding project technical infrastructure. Dan's election to the TOC chairperson role is a recognition of his substantial contributions to the OSS community. These contributions include ongoing TOC leadership, numerous insightful posts on the CDF blog, active participation in CDF SIGs and general leadership in the community.

Dan Lorenc said, "I'm humbled and excited to be elected as TOC Chair. We have an amazing opportunity to make it easier for the industry to adopt secure, safe and productive Continuous Delivery tools and practices. I look forward to working with the rest of the CDF community this year! I'd like to thank Kohsuke again for his hard work on Jenkins and in the CDF. I wish him the best of luck in his new adventure!"

As the TOC chairperson, Dan will continue to be a strong voice representing the perspectives of the broader CDF technical community, especially to the governing board. The CDF is excited to see him continue to help make CDF the definitive destination for the continuous delivery ecosystem.

Blog post for the announcement:

https://cd.foundation/blog/2020/04/21/new-chair-of-cd-foundation-technical-oversight-committee-elected/

For more information on CDF's TOC leadership, please see here, or reach out to us.

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

From:        "Raj Panchapakesan via lists.cd.foundation" <rajp=jfrog.com@...>
To:        Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
Cc:        cdf-gb@..., cdf-outreach@..., cdf-toc@..., cdf-general-members@..., cdf-end-user-members@...
Date:        04/21/2020 12:44 PM

Shawn Clymer <sclymer@...>

From:        "Raj Panchapakesan via lists.cd.foundation" <rajp=jfrog.com@...>
To:        Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
Cc:        cdf-gb@..., cdf-outreach@..., cdf-toc@..., cdf-general-members@..., cdf-end-user-members@...
Date:        04/21/2020 12:44 PM
[...]

Re: 2020 TOC Chairperson Election Announcement

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>

[...]

Update to Newsletter Submission Form (new url)

Jacque Salinas

Hello everyone!

We have published a new landing page for the Newsletter Submission Form. Please use this new form to submit content you wish to feature in the monthly newsletter. The previous google form has been discontinued.

Thanks!

--
Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation

UPDATE: New blog form URL

Jacque Salinas

Hello all,

I wanted to let you know that we have moved away from the google form to collect blog submissions. We have updated and created a gravity form through wordpress on the CD Foundation website. The old blog submission form is no longer collecting applications.

For ALL future blog submissions PLEASE GO HERE: https://cd.foundation/cdf-blog-submission-form/

Thanks!
--
Jacqueline Salinas
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667

TOC Meeting on 4/7

Tara Hernandez

Note: TERRIBLY sorry about the late notice -- I thought I had hit send three days ago, but just found this sitting unsent behind another window.  Ack.

Tuesday's TOC meeting will primarily be focused on GSoC projects under review.

From our admin/mentors meeting of Friday, we had:

9 project proposals for our first round :tada:
4 reviewed (rest were not proper applications)
Decision to focus on 3 project related ones
April 21 is slot decision date
Next sync up for mentors & admins is at TOC meeting on 7th April
Admins & potential mentors all invited to attend the meeting

Hope to see you all there!

-Tara

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

Proposal: Chinese Localization SIG

Rick

Hi CDF Community,

I'm Rick who is the Leader of Chinese Localization SIG in Jenkins project. I want to propose a new SIG Chinese Localization under CDF. You can see the proposal below:

https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/75

Any feedback are very appreciate!

Best regards,
Rick

Re: First CDF Monthly Member Call Scheduled!  https://zoom.us/j/242748874

Jacque Salinas

Apologies - I didn't realize that the Zoom meeting is scheduled for May. The FIRST Monthly CDF Member Mtg will be hosted on April 22, 2020. It will recur every 4th Wednesday of the month. Thanks!

CD Foundation is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: CDF Member Mtg
Time: Apr 22, 2020 11:00 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
        Every month on the Fourth Wed, 20 occurrence(s)
        Apr 22, 2020 11:00 AM
        May 27, 2020 11:00 AM
        Jun 24, 2020 11:00 AM
        Jul 22, 2020 11:00 AM
        Aug 26, 2020 11:00 AM
        Sep 23, 2020 11:00 AM
        Oct 28, 2020 11:00 AM
        Nov 25, 2020 11:00 AM
        Dec 23, 2020 11:00 AM
        Jan 27, 2021 11:00 AM
        Feb 24, 2021 11:00 AM
        Mar 24, 2021 11:00 AM
        Apr 28, 2021 11:00 AM
        May 26, 2021 11:00 AM
        Jun 23, 2021 11:00 AM
        Jul 28, 2021 11:00 AM
        Aug 25, 2021 11:00 AM
        Sep 22, 2021 11:00 AM
        Oct 27, 2021 11:00 AM
        Nov 24, 2021 11:00 AM
Monthly: https://zoom.us/meeting/v5AvcO2gpjwu3IlDBXUTCBQE8HHY5utKkg/ics?icsToken=98tyKuusrDwuEtyStF-Cc7AqOd7qbvH2lyJnpod_pCrRIAJiR1veHtsXJ6ZUG9-B

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/242748874

Meeting ID: 242 748 874

One tap mobile
+13462487799,,242748874# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,242748874# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 253 215 8782 US
        +1 301 715 8592 US
        855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 587 328 1099 Canada
        +1 647 374 4685 Canada
        +1 647 558 0588 Canada
        +1 778 907 2071 Canada
        +1 438 809 7799 Canada
        855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
Meeting ID: 242 748 874
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/afxZRrxiW

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 9:23 PM, Jacqueline Salinas jsalinas@... wrote:
Hello CDF Members,

We realized that we needed to offer a time and place to bring our members together to help facilitate conversations about the status of the organization, community outreach programs, among other updates. This is open exclusively to CDF members (premier, end user/general, and associate tiers) and the goal of the initial few meetings is to deliver a brown bag style presentations with Q&A. We are currently working on putting together the format and outline of topic discussions for our first initial meetings. We will publish this editorial calendar in the shared meeting notes document.

We invite you to the first series of monthly calls that will focus on informing our members of ways they can participate with the CDF, member benefits, and socializing all of the programs that the Outreach Committee is working on launching in 2020.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know and we will be happy to address them. Feel free to join us at your convenience. We hope to see you there! Cheers!

Topic: CDF Member Mtg

Time: May 20, 2020 11:00 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
        Every month on the Third Wed, 20 occurrence(s)
        May 20, 2020 11:00 AM
        Jun 17, 2020 11:00 AM
        Jul 15, 2020 11:00 AM
        Aug 19, 2020 11:00 AM
        Sep 16, 2020 11:00 AM
        Oct 21, 2020 11:00 AM
        Nov 18, 2020 11:00 AM
        Dec 16, 2020 11:00 AM
        Jan 20, 2021 11:00 AM
        Feb 17, 2021 11:00 AM
        Mar 17, 2021 11:00 AM
        Apr 21, 2021 11:00 AM
        May 19, 2021 11:00 AM
        Jun 16, 2021 11:00 AM
        Jul 21, 2021 11:00 AM
        Aug 18, 2021 11:00 AM
        Sep 15, 2021 11:00 AM
        Oct 20, 2021 11:00 AM
        Nov 17, 2021 11:00 AM
        Dec 15, 2021 11:00 AM

[...]

Re: [NOMINATE] CDF TOC Chair and Representative to the Governing Board

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>

Edited

Hello CDF TOC Members

Just a quick update on timing for nominations: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the many changes we all are having to make, we will push the nomination timeline to April 3 COB Pacific time. After the nomination closes we will conduct voting as needed with our Condorcet voting system.

Nomination Form:

Questions or comments, please let me know.

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

[NOMINATE] CDF TOC Chair and Representative to the Governing Board

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>

Hello CDF TOC

Happy 1 year anniversary! It is time again to nominate a TOC Chair and Governing Board Representative. Please nominate a TOC member to represent the TOC to the board by COB 5pm Pacific Time March 20 2020.  Use the below form to send your nomination in. After the nomination closes we will conduct voting as needed with our condorcet voting system.

Nomination Form:

Questions or comments, please let me know.

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation