Date   

Re: CDF 2020 voting schedule

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hi Dan
This is the announcement, next week the instructions go out

Best

--
Dan Lopez

On Feb 28, 2020, at 10:34, Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:




On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 1:24 PM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CDF Board and Committee Members

Just a quick update on voting for 2020. 2019 voting started in April (mid-late). Here is this year's plan:

Wk of Feb 24 - announcements for
  • nomination period board chair
  • nomination period outreach chair
  • nomination period general member rep to the board
  • nomination period toc chair
  • Screwdriver team member joins TOC (in progress with Screwdriver team)
That's this week - have the announcements gone out? Or is this the announcement :)
 
Wk of Mar 16
  • close nomination process Mar 20
Wk of Mar 30
  • open voting period
  • close voting Apr 10
Wk of Apr 13
  • Announce election results and institute chairs
Questions or comments, please let me know.

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation


Re: CDF 2020 voting schedule

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
 



On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 1:24 PM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CDF Board and Committee Members

Just a quick update on voting for 2020. 2019 voting started in April (mid-late). Here is this year's plan:

Wk of Feb 24 - announcements for
  • nomination period board chair
  • nomination period outreach chair
  • nomination period general member rep to the board
  • nomination period toc chair
  • Screwdriver team member joins TOC (in progress with Screwdriver team)
That's this week - have the announcements gone out? Or is this the announcement :)
 
Wk of Mar 16
  • close nomination process Mar 20
Wk of Mar 30
  • open voting period
  • close voting Apr 10
Wk of Apr 13
  • Announce election results and institute chairs
Questions or comments, please let me know.

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation


CDF 2020 voting schedule

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hello CDF Board and Committee Members

Just a quick update on voting for 2020. 2019 voting started in April (mid-late). Here is this year's plan:

Wk of Feb 24 - announcements for
  • nomination period board chair
  • nomination period outreach chair
  • nomination period general member rep to the board
  • nomination period toc chair
  • Screwdriver team member joins TOC (in progress with Screwdriver team)
Wk of Mar 16
  • close nomination process Mar 20
Wk of Mar 30
  • open voting period
  • close voting Apr 10
Wk of Apr 13
  • Announce election results and institute chairs
Questions or comments, please let me know.

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881


[Fundraising update: $41K to go] Contribute to CD Summit EU!

Jacque Salinas
 

Dear CDF Friends - 

Fundraising update! Our most recent contribution is helping make community events like the Mind Share Cocktail Hour happen. Thank you to our most recent sponsor, Snyk, for joining the bandwagon and helping the CD Foundation make industry events happen! Sponsorships allow our budgets to go further and offer our community more than just the basics to an event. Sponsorships help make our events fun and engaging. 

If you are interested in being a sponsor email me directly: jsalinas@...

We still have some way to go before we can hit our goal of selling out of all our sponsorship prospectus. Here are the numbers of where we stand with CD Summit EU:
  • Total sponsorship funds raised: $33K
  • To date registrations sold: $14.4K (72 people registered)
  • Total sponsorship need: $41K

We are 4 weeks away from arriving in Amsterdam and your contributions are a big help. If you would like to review the event website for agenda, registration, and sponsorship opportunities go here: 
Here is how you can help! All these options offer great & easy ways to generate brand awareness for your company, review the prospectus attached for more details:  
  • Be a Diamond Sponsor for $18K (1 available)
  • Be a Platinum Sponsor for $10K  (1 available)
  • Be a Diversity & Inclusion Sponsor for $1500 (1 available)
  • Be a Mind Share Cocktail Hour Sponsor for $1500 (2 available)
  • Be a Lunch Sponsor for $2500 (2 available)
  • Be a Session Recording Sponsor for $3000 

Thank you to all our Sponsors! 


image.png


        


Jacqueline Salinas 
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667




Collaboration Working Summit Scheduling Poll

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
 

Hey Everyone,

We're ready to start scheduling the collaboration working summit! We've decided to hold it in Miami, FL this April. Please use this Google form to mark which days you'd be available to attend:



Please share that link with your respective communities and teams!

Dan Lorenc


Re: Project Collaboration Summit!

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
 

Reminder, please fill out this form ASAP if you are interested in attending: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScMZEq2d0hAVTVO7-XEmy1NUstBNK86auYn0fvuM5_pwe0xMA/viewform?usp=sf_link



On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 2:50 PM Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...> wrote:
Hey All,

On behalf of some of the CDF projects, I've put together a quick proposal to hold an official CDF Project Collaboration Summit. See the details here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UHbLuffTsYp9nhBZ8eQLmpymOH2X98PkxZRcveB2_Xk/edit#

TLDR: Hold a working summit in Mid April to focus on ways the CDF projects can collaborate together. Initial ideas are around a common extensibility model and defining common Delivery/Job Execution CRDs.

I'm hoping to discuss this in this week's TOC meeting, and then work with the Governing Board to secure some funding for this event.

Dan Lorenc


Re: Amsterdam CD Summit/KubeCon is coming! Some questions/requests

Jacque Salinas
 

Thanks Tara - I want to make an update. It looks like we missed the deadline on the booth and we won't be able to host demos in our own booth. What I suggest is approaching members who will have booths at KubeCon to create a demo crawl and raffle giveaway. We can create passport cards and for each demo they attend at the member's booth they get a stamp. This could be a lead gen opportunity - we can collect email addresses of everyone that submits their passport and then email them their award (I suggest an Amazon gift card or a voucher to CDF online store). We will need help recruiting our members and asking if we can use their space to host these pop up demos. Let me know what you think! If you have other alternatives please let me know. 

I am also coordinating a Meetup event in Amsterdam during KubeCon and I think it would be great to have the TOC participate and help recruit potential projects and new Meetup members. I will provide an update once I know more. 



On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:28 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
1) Who is attending KubeCon from the TOC? We need representatives to help meet & recruit potential projects.

2)  We need to create an evergreen list of projects that would qualify as incubating projects for CDF - and let’s see if we can meet at KubeCon to vet and invite them to apply

3)  We are so excited to host the 2nd annual CD Summit co-located at KubeCon+CloudNativeCon EU 2020 in Amsterdam, NL. We are less than 8 weeks from hosting this event. However, in order for the CD Foundation to execute this program we need help from the community and our members.  Please 


4) We're going to have a booth at KubeCon! So let’s make our booth at KubeCon interactive with our community. We are calling for demos to help drive meaningful conversations and help recruit potential project contributors, new projects, and new members!

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Jacqueline Salinas 
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667




Amsterdam CD Summit/KubeCon is coming! Some questions/requests

Tara Hernandez
 

1) Who is attending KubeCon from the TOC? We need representatives to help meet & recruit potential projects.

2)  We need to create an evergreen list of projects that would qualify as incubating projects for CDF - and let’s see if we can meet at KubeCon to vet and invite them to apply

3)  We are so excited to host the 2nd annual CD Summit co-located at KubeCon+CloudNativeCon EU 2020 in Amsterdam, NL. We are less than 8 weeks from hosting this event. However, in order for the CD Foundation to execute this program we need help from the community and our members.  Please 


4) We're going to have a booth at KubeCon! So let’s make our booth at KubeCon interactive with our community. We are calling for demos to help drive meaningful conversations and help recruit potential project contributors, new projects, and new members!

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




[Fundraising help] CD Summit EU 2020

Jacque Salinas
 

Hi CDF Members, 

We are so excited to host the 2nd annual CD Summit co-located at KubeCon+CloudNativeCon EU 2020 in Amsterdam, NL. We are less than 8 weeks from hosting this event. However, in order for the CD Foundation to execute this program we need help from the community and our members.

 

We want to graciously thank everyone who has volunteered their time to shape and promote the event and our 4 sponsors (Diamond, Gold, & Mind Share Cocktail Hr)! We have some ways to go to make this event happen. Here are a few ways you can help get involved in order to ensure that CD Summit EU 2020 goes on without a hitch! 

 

The following options are great ways to help the community reap the benefits from the CD Summit:

 https://events.linuxfoundation.org/continuous-delivery-summit/sponsor/

·      Diversity Scholarship Fund | Starting at $1,500 (2 available)

o   The Continuous Delivery Foundation’s scholarship program provides support to women, people with disabilities and other underrepresented minorities who may not otherwise have the opportunity to attend Continuous Delivery Summit for financial reasons. Diversity and inclusion are important to the Continuous Delivery Foundation, and we aim to remove this obstacle for underrepresented attendee groups. Showcase your organization’s support of this important initiative by sponsoring the diversity scholarship program.

 

·      Mindshare Cocktail Hour | $1,500 (6 available)

o   The Mind Share Cocktail Hour will bring together attendees of the Summit in an informal setting that encourages networking and stimulates technical discussions around various topics of continuous delivery. Sponsors will facilitate a table topic for an informal discussion.

 

·      Lunch | $2,500 (3 available)

o   Includes logo on the event website and branded signage on lunch stations.

 

·      Session Recording | $3,000

o   Extend your presence beyond on-site attendees with the post-event session recordings. Includes logo on the event website and introduction slide on each video will include ‘Sponsored by’ with your logo.

 

·      Diamond | $18,000 (1 available)

o   Speaking Opportunity

o   Recognition During Opening Session

o   Pre-or Post-Conference Email Blast to opt in attendees

o   Social Media Recognition from Project Handle  

o   Mobile Schedule Branding

o   Sponsor Message in Post-Conference Email 150 words

o   Recognition on Event Website

o    Recognition on Event Signage

o   Attendee Passes (6)

o    Logo on Event T-Shirt

 

·      Platinum | $10,000 (2 available)

o   Recognition During Opening Session

o   Social Media Recognition from Project Handle

o   Mobile Schedule Branding

o   Recognition on Event Website

o   Recognition on Event Signage

o   Attendee Passes (4)

 

·      Gold | $5,000 (2 available)

o   Mobile Schedule Branding

o   Recognition on Event Website

o   Recognition on Event Signage

o   Attendee Passes (2)


Thank you! 
Jacqueline  


Re: Project Collaboration Summit!

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
 

Thanks for the feedback so far! Based on the initial interest, I think I need to start collecting attendance interest in a bit more of a structured manner. Please fill out this form if you're interested in participating:


This will help with the planning and tomorrow's TOC discussion.

Dan Lorenc

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 2:51 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey All,

On behalf of some of the CDF projects, I've put together a quick proposal to hold an official CDF Project Collaboration Summit. See the details here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UHbLuffTsYp9nhBZ8eQLmpymOH2X98PkxZRcveB2_Xk/edit#

TLDR: Hold a working summit in Mid April to focus on ways the CDF projects can collaborate together. Initial ideas are around a common extensibility model and defining common Delivery/Job Execution CRDs.

I'm hoping to discuss this in this week's TOC meeting, and then work with the Governing Board to secure some funding for this event.

Dan Lorenc


Project Collaboration Summit!

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
 

Hey All,

On behalf of some of the CDF projects, I've put together a quick proposal to hold an official CDF Project Collaboration Summit. See the details here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UHbLuffTsYp9nhBZ8eQLmpymOH2X98PkxZRcveB2_Xk/edit#

TLDR: Hold a working summit in Mid April to focus on ways the CDF projects can collaborate together. Initial ideas are around a common extensibility model and defining common Delivery/Job Execution CRDs.

I'm hoping to discuss this in this week's TOC meeting, and then work with the Governing Board to secure some funding for this event.

Dan Lorenc


CD Summit EU registration open!

Jacque Salinas
 

Hello everyone, 

We are happy to announce that registration is open for CD Summit EU 2020. We hope to see you there! I have also created a few tweets/LinkedIn posts to promote the CFP as well as registration. We encourage you to retweet/re-post to help generate awareness of these two deadlines and help with registration numbers. I encourage you to check the CD Foundation's handles for more tweet/posts content. Thanks! 

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/cdeliveryfdn_register-activity-6629026030524989440-Tu2v
https://twitter.com/CDeliveryFdn/status/1223266515757256709 

Jacqueline


Re: TOC meeting in 10 mins

Avi Kessner
 

High, the feedback outreach survey that was in the last email has some bugs in it.  Especially the marketing question which only has option 1. And required questions that don't make sense if previous questions were answered in the negative.


On Tue, Jan 28, 2020, 18:52 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
Hi,

We'll meet in ten minutes at our usual location. See the agenda.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


TOC meeting in 10 mins

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

Hi,

We'll meet in ten minutes at our usual location. See the agenda.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


[sig-interoperability] Minutes of Meeting January 23, 2020

Fatih Degirmenci
 

Hi all,

Thank you all for joining the very first SIG Interoperability meeting yesterday.

I did my best to capture the main points of the discussions we had in the minutes and the minutes are available on Google docs and Github repository. [0][1] The recording of the meeting should be available on CDF Youtube channel coming days. [2]

Please directly edit the document and send a PR to the repository if you identify discrepancies between the minutes on Google docs and in the repo and/or if I missed something to record in the minutes.

Our next meeting will be on February 6, 15:00UTC where we will have a user presentation - Emil Bäckmark from Ericsson presenting Eiffel to the SIG - followed by a discussion. Initial meeting agenda is available so please add any topic you would like to discuss there. [3][4]

Please also note that this will be the last mail regarding SIG meeting agenda/minutes sent to multiple maillists. Please make sure to sign up to sig-interoperability maillist in order not to miss announcements, updates, discussions, and meeting information. [5]


/Fatih


CDF Annual Report 2019 is published

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hi everyone,

The CDF Annual Report 2019 was published yesterday and we'd love for you to take a look and share with your social networks.  This report highlights the growth of the CDF community, events, projects, and more, over the past year.  



Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881


Re: [sig-interoperability] Meeting Agenda January 23, 15:00UTC

Fatih Degirmenci
 

Hi,

Please note that we will use https://zoom.us/j/827082528 for the meetings as oppose to what I sent earlier.
Bridge information is updated in document on Google docs, in sig-interoperability repository, and on CDF Public Calendar as well.


/Fatih

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 11:38, Fatih Degirmenci <fdegir@...> wrote:
Hi all,

We will have our very first meeting tomorrow Thursday, January 23 at 15:00UTC. [0]
We will use CDF Zoom Bridge for the meeting. [1]

The agenda is available on Google Docs. Please add topics you would like to discuss directly to the document. [2]
If you have issues accessing to the document, you can take a look at the agenda in SIG repository and add topics by submitting a PR. [3]

Including the agenda for tomorrow's meeting below as well.

- Introductions
- Meeting Logistics
    - Meeting day/time
    - Meeting agenda/notes
    - Recording meetings
- SIG Governance & Process
    - Proposal is to have TOC document governance for the SIGs and we adapt it
    - Adapting co-chair setup
    - Members of sig-interoperability team/repo
    - How new-members could sign-up?
- Presentations from users and projects
    - The challenges, the ideas, and the solutions faced/employed by users
    - Existing work going on within interoperability area across projects
- Discussion around our objectives as SIG
- First topic to start brain-storming around
    - What interoperability means in CI/CD domain?

Welcome!


/Fatih


CD Summit EU 2020 - event page is live!

Jacque Salinas
 

Hi everyone - the CD Summit EU event page is live! This hosts a summary of the event, registration link, CFP application link, and the sponsor prospectus link. Please share with all your friends! 

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/continuous-delivery-summit/

Thanks! 

Jacqueline 


Re: CD Summit EU 2020: CFP Application & Sponsorship Prospectus

Jacque Salinas
 

Hi everyone - I realized the attachment didn't go through with the message. Here is the link to the prospectus: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/sponsor-continuous-delivery-foundation-012120.pdf. 

Thanks! 

Jacqueline 


[sig-interoperability] Meeting Agenda January 23, 15:00UTC

Fatih Degirmenci
 

Hi all,

We will have our very first meeting tomorrow Thursday, January 23 at 15:00UTC. [0]
We will use CDF Zoom Bridge for the meeting. [1]

The agenda is available on Google Docs. Please add topics you would like to discuss directly to the document. [2]
If you have issues accessing to the document, you can take a look at the agenda in SIG repository and add topics by submitting a PR. [3]

Including the agenda for tomorrow's meeting below as well.

- Introductions
- Meeting Logistics
    - Meeting day/time
    - Meeting agenda/notes
    - Recording meetings
- SIG Governance & Process
    - Proposal is to have TOC document governance for the SIGs and we adapt it
    - Adapting co-chair setup
    - Members of sig-interoperability team/repo
    - How new-members could sign-up?
- Presentations from users and projects
    - The challenges, the ideas, and the solutions faced/employed by users
    - Existing work going on within interoperability area across projects
- Discussion around our objectives as SIG
- First topic to start brain-storming around
    - What interoperability means in CI/CD domain?

Welcome!


/Fatih