Date   

Project Collaboration Summit!

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
 

Hey All,

On behalf of some of the CDF projects, I've put together a quick proposal to hold an official CDF Project Collaboration Summit. See the details here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UHbLuffTsYp9nhBZ8eQLmpymOH2X98PkxZRcveB2_Xk/edit#

TLDR: Hold a working summit in Mid April to focus on ways the CDF projects can collaborate together. Initial ideas are around a common extensibility model and defining common Delivery/Job Execution CRDs.

I'm hoping to discuss this in this week's TOC meeting, and then work with the Governing Board to secure some funding for this event.

Dan Lorenc


CD Summit EU registration open!

Jacque Salinas
 

Hello everyone, 

We are happy to announce that registration is open for CD Summit EU 2020. We hope to see you there! I have also created a few tweets/LinkedIn posts to promote the CFP as well as registration. We encourage you to retweet/re-post to help generate awareness of these two deadlines and help with registration numbers. I encourage you to check the CD Foundation's handles for more tweet/posts content. Thanks! 

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/cdeliveryfdn_register-activity-6629026030524989440-Tu2v
https://twitter.com/CDeliveryFdn/status/1223266515757256709 

Jacqueline


Re: TOC meeting in 10 mins

Avi Kessner
 

High, the feedback outreach survey that was in the last email has some bugs in it.  Especially the marketing question which only has option 1. And required questions that don't make sense if previous questions were answered in the negative.


On Tue, Jan 28, 2020, 18:52 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
Hi,

We'll meet in ten minutes at our usual location. See the agenda.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


TOC meeting in 10 mins

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

Hi,

We'll meet in ten minutes at our usual location. See the agenda.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


[sig-interoperability] Minutes of Meeting January 23, 2020

Fatih Degirmenci
 

Hi all,

Thank you all for joining the very first SIG Interoperability meeting yesterday.

I did my best to capture the main points of the discussions we had in the minutes and the minutes are available on Google docs and Github repository. [0][1] The recording of the meeting should be available on CDF Youtube channel coming days. [2]

Please directly edit the document and send a PR to the repository if you identify discrepancies between the minutes on Google docs and in the repo and/or if I missed something to record in the minutes.

Our next meeting will be on February 6, 15:00UTC where we will have a user presentation - Emil Bäckmark from Ericsson presenting Eiffel to the SIG - followed by a discussion. Initial meeting agenda is available so please add any topic you would like to discuss there. [3][4]

Please also note that this will be the last mail regarding SIG meeting agenda/minutes sent to multiple maillists. Please make sure to sign up to sig-interoperability maillist in order not to miss announcements, updates, discussions, and meeting information. [5]


/Fatih


CDF Annual Report 2019 is published

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hi everyone,

The CDF Annual Report 2019 was published yesterday and we'd love for you to take a look and share with your social networks.  This report highlights the growth of the CDF community, events, projects, and more, over the past year.  



Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881


Re: [sig-interoperability] Meeting Agenda January 23, 15:00UTC

Fatih Degirmenci
 

Hi,

Please note that we will use https://zoom.us/j/827082528 for the meetings as oppose to what I sent earlier.
Bridge information is updated in document on Google docs, in sig-interoperability repository, and on CDF Public Calendar as well.


/Fatih

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 11:38, Fatih Degirmenci <fdegir@...> wrote:
Hi all,

We will have our very first meeting tomorrow Thursday, January 23 at 15:00UTC. [0]
We will use CDF Zoom Bridge for the meeting. [1]

The agenda is available on Google Docs. Please add topics you would like to discuss directly to the document. [2]
If you have issues accessing to the document, you can take a look at the agenda in SIG repository and add topics by submitting a PR. [3]

Including the agenda for tomorrow's meeting below as well.

- Introductions
- Meeting Logistics
    - Meeting day/time
    - Meeting agenda/notes
    - Recording meetings
- SIG Governance & Process
    - Proposal is to have TOC document governance for the SIGs and we adapt it
    - Adapting co-chair setup
    - Members of sig-interoperability team/repo
    - How new-members could sign-up?
- Presentations from users and projects
    - The challenges, the ideas, and the solutions faced/employed by users
    - Existing work going on within interoperability area across projects
- Discussion around our objectives as SIG
- First topic to start brain-storming around
    - What interoperability means in CI/CD domain?

Welcome!


/Fatih


CD Summit EU 2020 - event page is live!

Jacque Salinas
 

Hi everyone - the CD Summit EU event page is live! This hosts a summary of the event, registration link, CFP application link, and the sponsor prospectus link. Please share with all your friends! 

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/continuous-delivery-summit/

Thanks! 

Jacqueline 


Re: CD Summit EU 2020: CFP Application & Sponsorship Prospectus

Jacque Salinas
 

Hi everyone - I realized the attachment didn't go through with the message. Here is the link to the prospectus: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/sponsor-continuous-delivery-foundation-012120.pdf. 

Thanks! 

Jacqueline 


[sig-interoperability] Meeting Agenda January 23, 15:00UTC

Fatih Degirmenci
 

Hi all,

We will have our very first meeting tomorrow Thursday, January 23 at 15:00UTC. [0]
We will use CDF Zoom Bridge for the meeting. [1]

The agenda is available on Google Docs. Please add topics you would like to discuss directly to the document. [2]
If you have issues accessing to the document, you can take a look at the agenda in SIG repository and add topics by submitting a PR. [3]

Including the agenda for tomorrow's meeting below as well.

- Introductions
- Meeting Logistics
    - Meeting day/time
    - Meeting agenda/notes
    - Recording meetings
- SIG Governance & Process
    - Proposal is to have TOC document governance for the SIGs and we adapt it
    - Adapting co-chair setup
    - Members of sig-interoperability team/repo
    - How new-members could sign-up?
- Presentations from users and projects
    - The challenges, the ideas, and the solutions faced/employed by users
    - Existing work going on within interoperability area across projects
- Discussion around our objectives as SIG
- First topic to start brain-storming around
    - What interoperability means in CI/CD domain?

Welcome!


/Fatih


CD Summit EU 2020: CFP Application & Sponsorship Prospectus

Jacque Salinas
 

Hello all, 

We wanted to communicate that we have officially announced that we will move forward with planning CD Summit EU 2020 in Amsterdam, NL on March 30, 2020. This is a day zero event held the day prior KubeCon+CloudNativeCon EU. 

We want to extend the invitation to all of our members to participate in CD Summit EU through a few ways: 

  1. Volunteer to be a speaker at CD Summit EU 2020. CFP application opened last week and will close Feb. 7, 2020. 
  2. Help out by tweeting, retweeting, or creating your own content and promoting through your own handles. 
  3. Join the planning working group
    • Send a note to Christie Wilson 
  4. Sponsorship for every budget tier available
    • Review the prospectus attached! 
    • Be a diamond, gold, or silver sponsor! 
    • We also have lunch, mindshare cocktail hour, diversity & inclusion scholarships, and session recordings! 

We sincerely appreciate all your contributions. We can't wait to kick off our events in 2020 with a bang but we can't do it without your help. Please let us know how you can participate. Thanks! 

Jacqueline 


Re: Project update blog request - please submit by Jan 15, 2020

Kara de la Marck
 

Woohoo! Jenkins X blog post looks great! Thank you, Jacqueline!


On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 9:19 AM Kara de la Marck via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kdelamarck=cloudbees.com@...> wrote:
Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you for organizing the end of year recap posts!

Jenkins X has just celebrated its second birthday, for which we have written a year in review post: https://jenkins-x.io/blog/2020/01/14/happy-second-birthday/ . If there is anything else you need, please let me know. 

Best wishes,
Kara de la Marck

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 10:02 PM Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:
Hi Oleg - this is awesome. I will send this over to Jesse. Cheers! 

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:34 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
Hi! Our project update is here:  https://jenkins.io/blog/2020/01/07/happy-new-year/
I plan a second part as a more technical update, but technical content is also embedded into this blogpost as a slidedeck.
Please let me know if you need any additional information or metrics.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev


On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 3:46 PM Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:
Thanks Oleg for your time. We can’t wait to read it! 


On Dec 17, 2019, at 11:01 PM, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:


Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for doing such posts!
I will coordinate the Jenkins blogpost in the community.

Best regards,
Oleg

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019, 21:01 Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

 

As we wrap up the year the CD Foundation would like to publish a blog update for each of the projects. We believe that it would be beneficial for the community to hear from each of the projects since they joined the CDF. We propose the following prompts to be addressed in the blog. If you have content ready send it over our way and we will copy edit it. Please provide your blog submission through our form by Jan. 15th to be published by Jan. 29th.

 

1. Current state of the project

2. What was great in 2019? 

3. What is exciting and noteworthy in the first half of 2020

 

We already had Tekton submit their version and would like to see one for Spinnaker, Jenkins, and Jenkins X. Please let us know if you can volunteer your time to write these blogs. If you need some inspiration check out these two blogs written by Dan Lorenc.

·      https://cd.foundation/blog/2019/11/15/a-year-of-tekton/

·      https://cd.foundation/blog/2019/12/12/whats-new-in-tekton-0-9/

Have a great holiday season! 

Jacqueline 



--
Jacqueline Salinas 
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667





--
Kara de la Marck
Open Source Community Manager
CloudBees, Inc.

Email-Signature-CloudBees-Logo-200px (1).png

Twitter: @KaraMarck


Re: CDF TOC Meeting 01142020

Tara Hernandez
 

Minutes landed!


On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 9:52 AM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CDF TOC

Just to let you all know that the CDF TOC Meeting for 01.14.2020 has been uploaded to youtube and can be viewed here:


We will update the meeting minutes in github shortly (using Tara's google doc to markdown magic!).

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




CDF TOC Meeting 01142020

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hello CDF TOC

Just to let you all know that the CDF TOC Meeting for 01.14.2020 has been uploaded to youtube and can be viewed here:


We will update the meeting minutes in github shortly (using Tara's google doc to markdown magic!).

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881


Re: Project update blog request - please submit by Jan 15, 2020

Kara de la Marck
 

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you for organizing the end of year recap posts!

Jenkins X has just celebrated its second birthday, for which we have written a year in review post: https://jenkins-x.io/blog/2020/01/14/happy-second-birthday/ . If there is anything else you need, please let me know. 

Best wishes,
Kara de la Marck

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 10:02 PM Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:
Hi Oleg - this is awesome. I will send this over to Jesse. Cheers! 

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:34 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
Hi! Our project update is here:  https://jenkins.io/blog/2020/01/07/happy-new-year/
I plan a second part as a more technical update, but technical content is also embedded into this blogpost as a slidedeck.
Please let me know if you need any additional information or metrics.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev


On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 3:46 PM Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:
Thanks Oleg for your time. We can’t wait to read it! 


On Dec 17, 2019, at 11:01 PM, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:


Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for doing such posts!
I will coordinate the Jenkins blogpost in the community.

Best regards,
Oleg

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019, 21:01 Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

 

As we wrap up the year the CD Foundation would like to publish a blog update for each of the projects. We believe that it would be beneficial for the community to hear from each of the projects since they joined the CDF. We propose the following prompts to be addressed in the blog. If you have content ready send it over our way and we will copy edit it. Please provide your blog submission through our form by Jan. 15th to be published by Jan. 29th.

 

1. Current state of the project

2. What was great in 2019? 

3. What is exciting and noteworthy in the first half of 2020

 

We already had Tekton submit their version and would like to see one for Spinnaker, Jenkins, and Jenkins X. Please let us know if you can volunteer your time to write these blogs. If you need some inspiration check out these two blogs written by Dan Lorenc.

·      https://cd.foundation/blog/2019/11/15/a-year-of-tekton/

·      https://cd.foundation/blog/2019/12/12/whats-new-in-tekton-0-9/

Have a great holiday season! 

Jacqueline 



--
Jacqueline Salinas 
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667




SIG Interoperability Meeting Poll and Logistics

Fatih Degirmenci
 

Hi all,

CDF TOC approved the formation of SIG Interoperability so we can start collaborating on this important area.

First thing is to determine the meeting frequency and date/time so a poll has been created for this.
Please respond to the poll and join us for the discussions. Survey will be closed on Sunday, January 19 and meeting details will be shared on SIG maillist and added to CDF public calendar.


Maillist and Slack have been setup for the SIG as well. Please subscribe to the maillist and join to Slack channel as they will be the main communication channels.

Slack channel: #sig-interoperability on CDF Slack

Finally, a git repository for SIG has also been created on Github. We will use Github issues to log and track the work and you can get notified about the issues as well as PRs/commits if you watch the repository.


Ps. Apologies for cross-posting - the community might not be aware of the existence of the maillist since it has been setup pretty recently.

/Fatih


Call for Agenda - CDF TOC

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hi CDF TOC

I wanted to make a call to add any agenda items to the meeting tomorrow AM:


[Hot Priority] SIG Interoperability promotion and merge via a final vote tally

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881


[cdf-outreach] CD Summit Amsterdam - Call for program committee members (closes Jan 21!)

Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...>
 

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Christie Wilson via Lists.Cd.Foundation <christiewilson=google.com@...>
Date: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 5:13 PM
Subject: [cdf-outreach] CD Summit Amsterdam - Call for program committee members (closes Jan 21!)
To: <cdf-outreach@...>, <cdf-gb@...>, <cdf-toc@...>
Cc: <cdf-outreach@...>


Hi everyone,

Now that we're definitely going ahead with co-locating our CD Summit Europe with Kubecon Amsterdam on March 30, we are looking for some folks to help us select talks and ensure we have a great conference programme that represents everything you'd like to see!

We are looking for volunteers to be part of the programming committee who:
  • Are planning to attend the summit (as a co-located event, you will also need to register for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe)
  • Are involved with the CDF as members, projet contributors or contributing at the Technical Oversight Committee level
  • Can dedicate time to review and rate proposals (current timeline looks like the CFP will close ~Feb 7, we'd need to have the proposals reviewed and rated within a week of that

We'll be looking for a mix of folks who represent different perspectives and viewpoints.

If you are interested please reply to this or email me (christiewilson@...) by end of day Tuesday Jan 21

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

--
- Christie Wilson


Re: Project update blog request - please submit by Jan 15, 2020

Jacque Salinas
 

Hi Oleg - this is awesome. I will send this over to Jesse. Cheers! 

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:34 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
Hi! Our project update is here:  https://jenkins.io/blog/2020/01/07/happy-new-year/
I plan a second part as a more technical update, but technical content is also embedded into this blogpost as a slidedeck.
Please let me know if you need any additional information or metrics.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev


On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 3:46 PM Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:
Thanks Oleg for your time. We can’t wait to read it! 


On Dec 17, 2019, at 11:01 PM, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:


Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for doing such posts!
I will coordinate the Jenkins blogpost in the community.

Best regards,
Oleg

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019, 21:01 Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

 

As we wrap up the year the CD Foundation would like to publish a blog update for each of the projects. We believe that it would be beneficial for the community to hear from each of the projects since they joined the CDF. We propose the following prompts to be addressed in the blog. If you have content ready send it over our way and we will copy edit it. Please provide your blog submission through our form by Jan. 15th to be published by Jan. 29th.

 

1. Current state of the project

2. What was great in 2019? 

3. What is exciting and noteworthy in the first half of 2020

 

We already had Tekton submit their version and would like to see one for Spinnaker, Jenkins, and Jenkins X. Please let us know if you can volunteer your time to write these blogs. If you need some inspiration check out these two blogs written by Dan Lorenc.

·      https://cd.foundation/blog/2019/11/15/a-year-of-tekton/

·      https://cd.foundation/blog/2019/12/12/whats-new-in-tekton-0-9/

Have a great holiday season! 

Jacqueline 



--
Jacqueline Salinas 
Continuous Delivery Foundation
Director of Ecosystem & Community
408 218 0667




Re: Project update blog request - please submit by Jan 15, 2020

Oleg Nenashev
 

Hi! Our project update is here:  https://jenkins.io/blog/2020/01/07/happy-new-year/
I plan a second part as a more technical update, but technical content is also embedded into this blogpost as a slidedeck.
Please let me know if you need any additional information or metrics.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev


On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 3:46 PM Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:
Thanks Oleg for your time. We can’t wait to read it! 


On Dec 17, 2019, at 11:01 PM, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:


Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for doing such posts!
I will coordinate the Jenkins blogpost in the community.

Best regards,
Oleg

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019, 21:01 Jacque Salinas <jsalinas@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

 

As we wrap up the year the CD Foundation would like to publish a blog update for each of the projects. We believe that it would be beneficial for the community to hear from each of the projects since they joined the CDF. We propose the following prompts to be addressed in the blog. If you have content ready send it over our way and we will copy edit it. Please provide your blog submission through our form by Jan. 15th to be published by Jan. 29th.

 

1. Current state of the project

2. What was great in 2019? 

3. What is exciting and noteworthy in the first half of 2020

 

We already had Tekton submit their version and would like to see one for Spinnaker, Jenkins, and Jenkins X. Please let us know if you can volunteer your time to write these blogs. If you need some inspiration check out these two blogs written by Dan Lorenc.

·      https://cd.foundation/blog/2019/11/15/a-year-of-tekton/

·      https://cd.foundation/blog/2019/12/12/whats-new-in-tekton-0-9/

Have a great holiday season! 

Jacqueline 

481 - 500 of 825