Date
Meeting tomorrow and my regrets

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Tomorrow 4pm GMT/9am PT is our TOC regular TOC meeting:

https://zoom.us/my/cdf.toc

I actually won't be able to make it to the meeting. I'm hoping Dan would be able to run the meeting.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Project update blog request - please submit by Jan 15, 2020

Jacque Salinas

Hello everyone,

As we wrap up the year the CD Foundation would like to publish a blog update for each of the projects. We believe that it would be beneficial for the community to hear from each of the projects since they joined the CDF. We propose the following prompts to be addressed in the blog. If you have content ready send it over our way and we will copy edit it. Please provide your blog submission through our form by Jan. 15th to be published by Jan. 29th.

1. Current state of the project

2. What was great in 2019?

3. What is exciting and noteworthy in the first half of 2020

We already had Tekton submit their version and would like to see one for Spinnaker, Jenkins, and Jenkins X. Please let us know if you can volunteer your time to write these blogs. If you need some inspiration check out these two blogs written by Dan Lorenc.

·      https://cd.foundation/blog/2019/11/15/a-year-of-tekton/

·      https://cd.foundation/blog/2019/12/12/whats-new-in-tekton-0-9/

Have a great holiday season!

Jacqueline

Re: Vote: Interoperability SIG

Tracy Miranda

+1 nb - exciting stuff!!!

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 9:47 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 10:26 AM Yoav Landman via Lists.Cd.Foundation <yoavl=jfrog.com@...> wrote:
+1, binding

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 11:22 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm calling the round of voting for the creation of the Interoperability SIG.

The updated proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/62

As sponsor for this SIG, my vote is +1, binding.

Dan Lorenc

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

Re: Vote: Interoperability SIG

Tara Hernandez

+1 binding

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 10:26 AM Yoav Landman via Lists.Cd.Foundation <yoavl=jfrog.com@...> wrote:
+1, binding

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 11:22 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm calling the round of voting for the creation of the Interoperability SIG.

The updated proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/62

As sponsor for this SIG, my vote is +1, binding.

Dan Lorenc

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

Re: Vote: Interoperability SIG

Yoav Landman

+1, binding

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 11:22 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm calling the round of voting for the creation of the Interoperability SIG.

The updated proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/62

As sponsor for this SIG, my vote is +1, binding.

Dan Lorenc

Re: Vote: Interoperability SIG

Andy Glover

+1 binding!

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 11:19 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
Same here!

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019, 00:58 Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. I am very interested in this area and very supportive.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 4:22 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm calling the round of voting for the creation of the Interoperability SIG.

The updated proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/62

As sponsor for this SIG, my vote is +1, binding.

Dan Lorenc

--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering

Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

Andy Glover

+1 binding.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 12:06 PM <jithin1987@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

We did open this up recently, just send a PR to proposal to update the status https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/63

Jithin Emmanuel

--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.

Re: Vote: Interoperability SIG

Avi Kessner

Same here!

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019, 00:58 Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. I am very interested in this area and very supportive.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 4:22 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm calling the round of voting for the creation of the Interoperability SIG.

The updated proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/62

As sponsor for this SIG, my vote is +1, binding.

Dan Lorenc

Re: Vote: Interoperability SIG

Michael Winser

+1 non binding. I am very interested in this area and very supportive.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 4:22 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm calling the round of voting for the creation of the Interoperability SIG.

The updated proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/62

As sponsor for this SIG, my vote is +1, binding.

Dan Lorenc

Vote: Interoperability SIG

Dan Lorenc

I'm calling the round of voting for the creation of the Interoperability SIG.

The updated proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/62

As sponsor for this SIG, my vote is +1, binding.

Dan Lorenc

Re: Status of Jenkins transfer?

Chris Aniszczyk

+Mike Dolan

It's still in flight Tyler, sorry for the delay but the challenge we have is we are waiting on some IRS approvals, which unfortunately has been super SLOW on approving entities due to this current administration's lack of funding it imho. Dolan can share more details if you wish to chat with him, but the IRS doesn't really give us an accurate SLA.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 1:05 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
+ Jenkins Board. We have 3 new board members (including me), and it would be great to have a summary of the current status w.r.t the project transfer.
I just had a meeting today with Linux Foundation w.r.t CommunityBridge as a funding destination, but other topics like trademarks and infrastructure accounts are not clear.
If someone could share links to the historical conversations and docs, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Oleg

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 7:01 PM R. Tyler Croy <rtyler@...> wrote:

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere and I haven't seen it, but are
we going to be able execute an asset transfer before the end of the year from
Software in the Public Interest to the CDF?

As far as I am aware, we have not yet been able to do this

--
GitHub:  https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: Status of Jenkins transfer?

Oleg Nenashev

[...]

Status of Jenkins transfer?

R. Tyler Croy

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere and I haven't seen it, but are
we going to be able execute an asset transfer before the end of the year from
Software in the Public Interest to the CDF?

As far as I am aware, we have not yet been able to do this

--
GitHub: https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2

Re: Proposal: Interoperability SIG

Fatih Degirmenci

Hi Dan,

That would be great. Thanks!

/Fatih

On 9 Dec 2019, at 17:30, Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:

OK, the PR there looks like it's mostly settled down and I think we're ready to call for a vote. Fatih, I'll start the vote thread EOD today unless you'd like me to wait any longer.

Dan Lorenc

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 3:18 PM Fatih Degirmenci <fdegir@...> wrote:
Hi CDF Community,

We would like to propose a new SIG on Interoperability and seeking for community feedback. You can see the proposal from the link below.

We appreciate any feedback you share.

Interoperability is an important area to collaborate on so we invite more community members to join to this effort. Please leave a comment directly on the PR or respond to this mail thread if you want to take part in this SIG.

/Fatih

Re: TOC Reschedule for Next Week

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>

Hi Kohsuke
Sounds good to me. I will send out a reminder for next week and to provide inputs.

Best
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 8:59 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
Given that there wasn't enough inputs on this, I suggest we just stick to our regularly scheduled program which puts our next meeting to Dec 17th.

In this kind of meeting, I generally find it easiest to stick to the pre-agreed regular frequency.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:47 AM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CDF TOC

I wanted to facilitate a reschedule for the CDF TOC for next week due to many of the TOC on travel. Please let me know what days/times work for you:
  • Tuesday      Dec 10 at 9am Pacific
  • Wednesday Dec 11 at 9am Pacific

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

[...]

Kay Williams

I can make Tuesday 12/10 at 9 am Pacific.