Date   
Re: Regrets today

Dan Lorenc
 

Alright, cancelling for today. We should try to get in one more meeting before the new year, but we can sort that out separately.

Dan Lorenc

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:05 AM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
I would recommend pushing to next week as the holidays approach it might be the best window for schedules.

Best

--
Dan Lopez

On Dec 3, 2019, at 07:42, Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:


I'd be happy to lead, but I don't see much of an agenda for today. I suggest we cancel given the lack of agenda and fact that 3 members will be busy at the conference.

Dan Lorenc

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:07 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm at the same event at Kohsuke (as is James, now that I think of it), so will also miss today's meeting.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:56 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I'm in Europe attending a major CloudBees event, so I won't be able to make it to the TOC meeting. I'm hoping Dan would be able to run the meeting for us.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud



Re: Regrets today

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

I would recommend pushing to next week as the holidays approach it might be the best window for schedules.

Best

--
Dan Lopez

On Dec 3, 2019, at 07:42, Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:


I'd be happy to lead, but I don't see much of an agenda for today. I suggest we cancel given the lack of agenda and fact that 3 members will be busy at the conference.

Dan Lorenc

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:07 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm at the same event at Kohsuke (as is James, now that I think of it), so will also miss today's meeting.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:56 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I'm in Europe attending a major CloudBees event, so I won't be able to make it to the TOC meeting. I'm hoping Dan would be able to run the meeting for us.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud



Re: Regrets today

Dan Lorenc
 

I'd be happy to lead, but I don't see much of an agenda for today. I suggest we cancel given the lack of agenda and fact that 3 members will be busy at the conference.

Dan Lorenc

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:07 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm at the same event at Kohsuke (as is James, now that I think of it), so will also miss today's meeting.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:56 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I'm in Europe attending a major CloudBees event, so I won't be able to make it to the TOC meeting. I'm hoping Dan would be able to run the meeting for us.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud



Re: Regrets today

Tara Hernandez
 

I'm at the same event at Kohsuke (as is James, now that I think of it), so will also miss today's meeting.


On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:56 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I'm in Europe attending a major CloudBees event, so I won't be able to make it to the TOC meeting. I'm hoping Dan would be able to run the meeting for us.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud



Regrets today

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

I'm in Europe attending a major CloudBees event, so I won't be able to make it to the TOC meeting. I'm hoping Dan would be able to run the meeting for us.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

Jithin Emanuel
 
Edited

We did open this up recently, just send a PR to proposal to update the status https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/63

Jithin Emmanuel

Proposal: Interoperability SIG

Fatih Degirmenci
 

Hi CDF Community,

We would like to propose a new SIG on Interoperability and seeking for community feedback. You can see the proposal from the link below.


We appreciate any feedback you share.

Interoperability is an important area to collaborate on so we invite more community members to join to this effort. Please leave a comment directly on the PR or respond to this mail thread if you want to take part in this SIG.

/Fatih

Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

Dan Lorenc
 

Just capturing feedback discussed in the TOC meeting.

https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/blob/master/PROJECT_LIFECYCLE.md#incubation-stage states that projects need two TOC sponsors. KK and Tara have volunteered.

The governance section states that "These meetings can be opened up to the public for more transparency and collaboration." We don't currently have requirements for governance in incubation, but I'd ask that these are opened up as soon as possible.

After that is addressed/updated in the proposal I'm +1.

Dan Lorenc

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 9:37 AM Yoav Landman via Lists.Cd.Foundation <yoavl=jfrog.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 9:22 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 6:08 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
+1 as long as CNCF incubation and graduation terms apply to the newly onboarded projects.

FTR even for founding projects the onboarding is still in progress. There were some concerns about adding new projects and hence spreading resources thin, but I think it is net positive to have more projects to facilitate the CDF internal processes and consolidation.

‐---‐-------------------
Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
Jenkins project

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 21:03 Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
Non-binding +1 the project excites me.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:46 Marky Jackson <marky.r.jackson@...> wrote:
Having worked at Yahoo! during the building of this tool I am a huge +1

On Nov 5, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

I'm calling the new round of voting for the incubation of Screwdriver.

The original presentation from the project is hereThe proposal has been updated based on the feedback from the previous round of votes. In particular, the growth plan.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud



Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

Yoav Landman
 

+1 binding


On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 9:22 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 6:08 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
+1 as long as CNCF incubation and graduation terms apply to the newly onboarded projects.

FTR even for founding projects the onboarding is still in progress. There were some concerns about adding new projects and hence spreading resources thin, but I think it is net positive to have more projects to facilitate the CDF internal processes and consolidation.

‐---‐-------------------
Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
Jenkins project

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 21:03 Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
Non-binding +1 the project excites me.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:46 Marky Jackson <marky.r.jackson@...> wrote:
Having worked at Yahoo! during the building of this tool I am a huge +1

On Nov 5, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

I'm calling the new round of voting for the incubation of Screwdriver.

The original presentation from the project is hereThe proposal has been updated based on the feedback from the previous round of votes. In particular, the growth plan.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud



Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

Tara Hernandez
 

+1 binding


On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 6:08 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
+1 as long as CNCF incubation and graduation terms apply to the newly onboarded projects.

FTR even for founding projects the onboarding is still in progress. There were some concerns about adding new projects and hence spreading resources thin, but I think it is net positive to have more projects to facilitate the CDF internal processes and consolidation.

‐---‐-------------------
Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
Jenkins project

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 21:03 Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
Non-binding +1 the project excites me.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:46 Marky Jackson <marky.r.jackson@...> wrote:
Having worked at Yahoo! during the building of this tool I am a huge +1

On Nov 5, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

I'm calling the new round of voting for the incubation of Screwdriver.

The original presentation from the project is hereThe proposal has been updated based on the feedback from the previous round of votes. In particular, the growth plan.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud



TOC meeting tomorrow

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

We'll meet in our regularly scheduled time. Those of us in Kubecon are welcome to come join us in person at:

Peer Space Meeting Room 969 Market Street
San Diego, CA, 92101

The agenda will be at here.

(Last week in the call I said we'll cancel the next TOC meeting due to Kubecon, so I wanted to correct that.)

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Tweeting @ KubeCon 2019

Jacque Salinas
 

Hi all, 

If you are attending Kubecon - please use the following # or @ callouts. We appreciate the content and if you are unable to tweet I can do so on your behalf. Please text me over pics and a tagline and I will be happy to post it! Thanks! 

Jacque's 408 218 0667
#cdsummit 
#kubecon
@CDeliveryFdn

Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Yoav Landman
 

+1 binding

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1.


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

--

Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Andy Glover
 

+1 binding! 

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:13 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
Oh dammit, wasn't the vote I though it was -- but +1 for this one too... 

:)

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:00 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding, and thanks for all the work to clarify the community engagement and growth plans!

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 7:46 AM Simon Kaegi <simon_kaegi@...> wrote:

+1 non-binding (will add a PR to participate once merged)

"Alejandro Saucedo" ---2019/11/07 08:32:28 AM---+1 non-binding 🚀 Best wishes,

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: cdf-toc@...
Date: 2019/11/07 08:32 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Roadmap WG
Sent by: cdf-toc@...





+1 non-binding 🚀

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:

    +1 binding

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
    +1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
      I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

      So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

      Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

      I'll start with my own +1.

      --
      Kohsuke Kawaguchi





--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Tara Hernandez
 

Oh dammit, wasn't the vote I though it was -- but +1 for this one too... 

:)

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:00 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding, and thanks for all the work to clarify the community engagement and growth plans!

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 7:46 AM Simon Kaegi <simon_kaegi@...> wrote:

+1 non-binding (will add a PR to participate once merged)

"Alejandro Saucedo" ---2019/11/07 08:32:28 AM---+1 non-binding 🚀 Best wishes,

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: cdf-toc@...
Date: 2019/11/07 08:32 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Roadmap WG
Sent by: cdf-toc@...





+1 non-binding 🚀

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:

    +1 binding

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
    +1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
      I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

      So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

      Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

      I'll start with my own +1.

      --
      Kohsuke Kawaguchi





--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud



Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Tara Hernandez
 


On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 7:46 AM Simon Kaegi <simon_kaegi@...> wrote:

+1 non-binding (will add a PR to participate once merged)

"Alejandro Saucedo" ---2019/11/07 08:32:28 AM---+1 non-binding 🚀 Best wishes,

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: cdf-toc@...
Date: 2019/11/07 08:32 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Roadmap WG
Sent by: cdf-toc@...





+1 non-binding 🚀

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:

    +1 binding

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
    +1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
      I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

      So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

      Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

      I'll start with my own +1.

      --
      Kohsuke Kawaguchi





--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud



Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Simon Kaegi
 

+1 non-binding (will add a PR to participate once merged)

"Alejandro Saucedo" ---2019/11/07 08:32:28 AM---+1 non-binding 🚀 Best wishes,

From: "Alejandro Saucedo" <as@...>
To: cdf-toc@...
Date: 2019/11/07 08:32 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Roadmap WG
Sent by: cdf-toc@...





+1 non-binding 🚀

Best wishes,

Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon

@seldon_io / Newsletter / Github / YouTube

Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:

    +1 binding

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
    +1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
      I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

      So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

      Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

      I'll start with my own +1.

      --
      Kohsuke Kawaguchi



Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Alejandro Saucedo
 

+1 non-binding 🚀

Best wishes,


Alejandro Saucedo

Machine Learning Engineering Director at Seldon


Seldon secures £2.7m in Seed round led by Amadeus.

 

Seldon Technologies Ltd, Rise London (map). Registered in England & Wales, No. 9188032. VAT GB 258424587. Privacy Policy.



On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Dan Lorenc
 

+1 binding


On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 12:13 PM Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding. I've been eager to see the "roadmap"

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

I'll start with my own +1.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: [sig-mlops] MLOps Sig

Terry Cox
 

Happy to describe the Tekton-based MLOps functionality within Jenkins-X if that helps.

Terry Cox
Bootstrap Ltd
+44 (7797) 828891
+44 (845) 287-2345

On 7 Nov 2019, at 01:20, Animesh Singh <singhan@...> wrote:



Hi Team

Tomorrow we will be meeting at 9 PST. Proposing the following agenda - please give feedback.

1. Animesh to give feedback from his talk at TFWorld on Kubeflow and Tensorflow Extended Pipelines

2. Andrea to talk about
a) Tekton/Argo step by step comparison
b) Demo the flip-coin equivalent pipeline in Tekton

3. Pavel to talk about current KFP/TFX merge discussion

Anyone else have something they would like to bring forward? i would like to hear about if folks have data about scalability of these pipeline solutions.

Regards,

Animesh Singh
STSM and Chief Architect - Data and AI Open Source Platform

IBM Kubeflow Engagement Lead
North America Chair, Linux Foundation AI, Trusted AI
CNCF Ambassador
Member of IBM Academy of Technology (IBM AoT)
http://twitter.com/AnimeshSingh


__________________

Page for the MLOps Sig here: https://lists.cd.foundation/g/sig-mlops
Permanent Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/667125842