Date
Re: [VOTE] Roadmap WG

Yoav Landman

+1 binding

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 19:47 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I've finally updated the Roadmap WG proposal based on the feedback.

So I'm also calling a vote on this to get this blessed.

I'll start with my own +1.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

--

Tweeting @ KubeCon 2019

Jacque Salinas

Hi all,

If you are attending Kubecon - please use the following # or @ callouts. We appreciate the content and if you are unable to tweet I can do so on your behalf. Please text me over pics and a tagline and I will be happy to post it! Thanks!

Jacque's 408 218 0667
#cdsummit
#kubecon
@CDeliveryFdn

TOC meeting tomorrow

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

We'll meet in our regularly scheduled time. Those of us in Kubecon are welcome to come join us in person at:

Peer Space Meeting Room 969 Market Street
San Diego, CA, 92101

The agenda will be at here.

(Last week in the call I said we'll cancel the next TOC meeting due to Kubecon, so I wanted to correct that.)

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

Tara Hernandez

+1 binding

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 6:08 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
+1 as long as CNCF incubation and graduation terms apply to the newly onboarded projects.

FTR even for founding projects the onboarding is still in progress. There were some concerns about adding new projects and hence spreading resources thin, but I think it is net positive to have more projects to facilitate the CDF internal processes and consolidation.

‐---‐-------------------
Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
Jenkins project

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 21:03 Avi Kessner <akessner@...> wrote:
Non-binding +1 the project excites me.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 19:46 Marky Jackson <marky.r.jackson@...> wrote:
Having worked at Yahoo! during the building of this tool I am a huge +1

On Nov 5, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

I'm calling the new round of voting for the incubation of Screwdriver.

The original presentation from the project is hereThe proposal has been updated based on the feedback from the previous round of votes. In particular, the growth plan.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 9:22 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
[...]

Dan Lorenc

Just capturing feedback discussed in the TOC meeting.

https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/blob/master/PROJECT_LIFECYCLE.md#incubation-stage states that projects need two TOC sponsors. KK and Tara have volunteered.

The governance section states that "These meetings can be opened up to the public for more transparency and collaboration." We don't currently have requirements for governance in incubation, but I'd ask that these are opened up as soon as possible.

After that is addressed/updated in the proposal I'm +1.

Dan Lorenc

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 9:37 AM Yoav Landman via Lists.Cd.Foundation <yoavl=jfrog.com@...> wrote:
[...]

Proposal: Interoperability SIG

Fatih Degirmenci

Hi CDF Community,

We would like to propose a new SIG on Interoperability and seeking for community feedback. You can see the proposal from the link below.

We appreciate any feedback you share.

Interoperability is an important area to collaborate on so we invite more community members to join to this effort. Please leave a comment directly on the PR or respond to this mail thread if you want to take part in this SIG.

/Fatih

Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd incubation

jithin1987@...

Edited

We did open this up recently, just send a PR to proposal to update the status https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/63

Jithin Emmanuel

Regrets today

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

I'm in Europe attending a major CloudBees event, so I won't be able to make it to the TOC meeting. I'm hoping Dan would be able to run the meeting for us.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: Regrets today

Tara Hernandez

I'm at the same event at Kohsuke (as is James, now that I think of it), so will also miss today's meeting.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:56 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I'm in Europe attending a major CloudBees event, so I won't be able to make it to the TOC meeting. I'm hoping Dan would be able to run the meeting for us.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

Re: Regrets today

Dan Lorenc

I'd be happy to lead, but I don't see much of an agenda for today. I suggest we cancel given the lack of agenda and fact that 3 members will be busy at the conference.

Dan Lorenc

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:07 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
I'm at the same event at Kohsuke (as is James, now that I think of it), so will also miss today's meeting.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:56 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
I'm in Europe attending a major CloudBees event, so I won't be able to make it to the TOC meeting. I'm hoping Dan would be able to run the meeting for us.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud

Re: Regrets today

Dan Lopez

I would recommend pushing to next week as the holidays approach it might be the best window for schedules.

Best

--
Dan Lopez

On Dec 3, 2019, at 07:42, Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:

[...]

Alright, cancelling for today. We should try to get in one more meeting before the new year, but we can sort that out separately.

Dan Lorenc

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:05 AM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
[...]

TOC Reschedule for Next Week

Dan Lopez

Hello CDF TOC

I wanted to facilitate a reschedule for the CDF TOC for next week due to many of the TOC on travel. Please let me know what days/times work for you:
  • Tuesday      Dec 10 at 9am Pacific
  • Wednesday Dec 11 at 9am Pacific

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

Re: TOC Reschedule for Next Week

Dan Lorenc

+1 for either option.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 1:40 PM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CDF TOC

I wanted to facilitate a reschedule for the CDF TOC for next week due to many of the TOC on travel. Please let me know what days/times work for you:
  • Tuesday      Dec 10 at 9am Pacific
  • Wednesday Dec 11 at 9am Pacific

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

Re: TOC Reschedule for Next Week

Kay Williams

I can make Tuesday 12/10 at 9 am Pacific.

I wanted to facilitate a reschedule for the CDF TOC for next week due to many of the TOC on travel. Please let me know what days/times work for you:
  • Tuesday      Dec 10 at 9am Pacific
  • Wednesday Dec 11 at 9am Pacific

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

Re: Proposal: Interoperability SIG

Dan Lorenc

OK, the PR there looks like it's mostly settled down and I think we're ready to call for a vote. Fatih, I'll start the vote thread EOD today unless you'd like me to wait any longer.

Dan Lorenc

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 3:18 PM Fatih Degirmenci <fdegir@...> wrote:
Hi CDF Community,

We would like to propose a new SIG on Interoperability and seeking for community feedback. You can see the proposal from the link below.

We appreciate any feedback you share.

Interoperability is an important area to collaborate on so we invite more community members to join to this effort. Please leave a comment directly on the PR or respond to this mail thread if you want to take part in this SIG.

/Fatih

Re: TOC Reschedule for Next Week

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Given that there wasn't enough inputs on this, I suggest we just stick to our regularly scheduled program which puts our next meeting to Dec 17th.

In this kind of meeting, I generally find it easiest to stick to the pre-agreed regular frequency.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:47 AM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CDF TOC

I wanted to facilitate a reschedule for the CDF TOC for next week due to many of the TOC on travel. Please let me know what days/times work for you:
  • Tuesday      Dec 10 at 9am Pacific
  • Wednesday Dec 11 at 9am Pacific

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: TOC Reschedule for Next Week

Dan Lopez

Hi Kohsuke
Sounds good to me. I will send out a reminder for next week and to provide inputs.

Best
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation

[...]