Date   

Supporting China based contributors for TOC meetings

Tara Hernandez
 

Hey folks, attempting to close out my action items from the last meeting.

It continues to look like github is our best bet for the meetings notes.  I'm not finding anything else that's reliably available everywhere that really inspires, and this way it can be centralized to our TOC repo.

The downside to this of course is that we lose the shared editing during the meeting, so another possibility is that we publish the meetings notes to github once the meeting is complete but that we continue to use Docs during the meeting itself so most folks have the ability to amend, comment, etc.   I've tested a pretty straightforward way to do a publish that would support this model and you can see the results here:


I was also looking around at possible non-zoom chat options, and Skype and WeChat seem to be the most legit options (there's another one called Pinngle but all the reviews ultimately seem to be self-sourced by one guy out of the Ukraine so I'm not feeling awesome about it).  Comments on Skype seem to indicate that from China you're redirected to download the Chinese version so it's recommended to VPN your way to a better source, but regardless there can be quality issues.  The consensus for Wechat is that it's not ready for primetime outside of China yet (though inside of course it is King).

I suspect most people already knew all of this, but I guess I'm wondering out loud if we ultimately feel we can realistically support real time voice chat participation in China or similarly censored countries at this time?

Anyway, talk to you Tuesday!

-Tara

--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Proposal: MLOps Sig

Animesh Singh
 

Hi All,

Would like to see the appetite in the community for an MLOps Sig. I am part of IBM, and participating heavily in Kubeflow community. I have created a straw-man proposal here, and based on the initial interest of the group, will do a formal PR and bring it back for vote!

https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/issues/34

Thanks,
Animesh Singh


Presentations from CDF Contributor Summit in Aug

Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...>
 

Hi all,

As mentioned on the TOC call today, I've set up a folder to collate presentations from the CDF Contributor summit last month in San Francisco. 


If you gave a presentation at the summit, please submit a PR linking in you talks, thanks!
(I have lots of folks asking for the content for those talks)

Tracy


Re: Regrets today

Kay Williams <kayw@...>
 

I also cannot make today’s call. Technical difficulties. :( Fred, Brian and I are working on Security SIG formation and we will have an update at the next TOC meeting, if not over email before.


From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> on behalf of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kk=kohsuke.org@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:38:55 AM
To: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...>
Subject: [cdf-toc] Regrets today
 
My apologies for the last minute notice but I have a schedule conflict today for the TOC meeting. I hope Dan Lorenc would be able to run it for us. 
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: Regrets today

Tara Hernandez
 

Never mind, we're on

:)

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 12:04 PM Tara Hernandez <tarahernandez@...> wrote:
Unfortunately Dan is on paternity leave.  He asked me to run it (which I'm happy to do) but apparently only one of you two can actually start the zoom session?

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 11:39 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
My apologies for the last minute notice but I have a schedule conflict today for the TOC meeting. I hope Dan Lorenc would be able to run it for us. 
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: Regrets today

Tara Hernandez
 

Unfortunately Dan is on paternity leave.  He asked me to run it (which I'm happy to do) but apparently only one of you two can actually start the zoom session?


On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 11:39 AM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
My apologies for the last minute notice but I have a schedule conflict today for the TOC meeting. I hope Dan Lorenc would be able to run it for us. 
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Regrets today

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

My apologies for the last minute notice but I have a schedule conflict today for the TOC meeting. I hope Dan Lorenc would be able to run it for us. 
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hi TOC

I have gone ahead and created the sig-security repo:


We can update the settings and permissions as needed. Please also let me know who should be on the the sig-security github team.

Here is an example of an active sig-security from CNCF: https://github.com/cncf/sig-security

Best,

--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881


On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 3:44 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
Woohoo!

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 12:35 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding. This is now accepted!

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 3:41 PM Yoav Landman via Lists.Cd.Foundation <yoavl=jfrog.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 9:26 PM Andy Glover via Lists.Cd.Foundation <aglover=netflix.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding. 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:07 PM Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. Very happy to see this going and looking forward to the next steps.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.



--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

Woohoo!


On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 12:35 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding. This is now accepted!

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 3:41 PM Yoav Landman via Lists.Cd.Foundation <yoavl=jfrog.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 9:26 PM Andy Glover via Lists.Cd.Foundation <aglover=netflix.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding. 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:07 PM Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. Very happy to see this going and looking forward to the next steps.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.



--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi


Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>
 

+1 binding. This is now accepted!

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 3:41 PM Yoav Landman via Lists.Cd.Foundation <yoavl=jfrog.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 9:26 PM Andy Glover via Lists.Cd.Foundation <aglover=netflix.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding. 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:07 PM Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. Very happy to see this going and looking forward to the next steps.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.


Re: CDF Projects & Outreachy

R. Tyler Croy
 

(replies inline)

On Fri, 06 Sep 2019, Tracy Miranda wrote:

Back at the July 30th [1]CDF TOC meeting I raised the topic of CDF projects
participating in the next round of Outreachy Internships. 

I'm happy to report back that since then we have had some behind the scenes
progress and have the following communities & community co-ordinators signed up
for the next round

• Jenkins X - Kara de la Marck
• Tekton - Tara Hernandez & Christie Wilson
• Jenkins - Tracy Miranda

I've outlined more details in this doc [2]CDF Projects in Outreachy 2019.
Next steps are to identify and list project proposals, mentors and volunteers.
Please let us know if you are interested in helping out either as mentor,
volunteer or promoting it so we can reach lots of potential interns. There is
also an option for companies interested in sponsoring interns. 

Thanks for outlining this Tracy. I strongly recommend every project in the CDF
consider Outreachy. In my opinion, programs like Outreachy are the best usage
of our collective budget and influence in the community, and as Tracy notes in
the document, it's an impactful long-term investment in the greater open source
ecosystem.



Also there will be an Outreachy Twitter chat on September 9th, do join in if
you can!


I'll see you all there :)


--
GitHub: https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2


Re: Welcome New Members - Sept 2019 Edition

Tara Hernandez
 

Yay, new members -- welcome!


On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 4:12 PM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CD Foundation Collaborators,

Please help me in sending a warm welcome to our newest members:
  • Dell Boomi
The Continuous Delivery Foundation is growing, and we look forward to new opportunities to create DevOps innovation, and support practitioners with an open and thriving ecosystem.

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




CDF Projects & Outreachy

Tracy Miranda <tmiranda@...>
 

Hi all,

Back at the July 30th CDF TOC meeting I raised the topic of CDF projects participating in the next round of Outreachy Internships. 

I'm happy to report back that since then we have had some behind the scenes progress and have the following communities & community co-ordinators signed up for the next round
  • Jenkins X - Kara de la Marck
  • Tekton - Tara Hernandez & Christie Wilson
  • Jenkins - Tracy Miranda
I've outlined more details in this doc CDF Projects in Outreachy 2019.
Next steps are to identify and list project proposals, mentors and volunteers. Please let us know if you are interested in helping out either as mentor, volunteer or promoting it so we can reach lots of potential interns. There is also an option for companies interested in sponsoring interns. 

Also there will be an Outreachy Twitter chat on September 9th, do join in if you can!

Finally if we can add this to next TOC agenda I'll be happy to share more details.

Regards,
Tracy



Re: [cdf-outreach] Welcome New Members - Sept 2019 Edition

Kim Lewandowski <klewandowski@...>
 

Welcome to the club!


On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 7:51 AM Jayne Groll <jgroll@...> wrote:
Welcome!

Regards,

Jayne


THE ASSOCIATION FOR DevOps PROFESSIONALS

       

     .    

Jayne Groll

CEO

jayne@...

Twitter: @JayneGroll

DevOpsInstitute.com



https://info.devopsinstitute.com/2020-upskilling-survey


On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 7:12 PM Dan Lopez <dlopez@...> wrote:
Hello CD Foundation Collaborators,

Please help me in sending a warm welcome to our newest members:
  • Dell Boomi
The Continuous Delivery Foundation is growing, and we look forward to new opportunities to create DevOps innovation, and support practitioners with an open and thriving ecosystem.

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881



--
Kim Lewandowski | Product Manager, Google Cloud Platform | klewandowski@... 


Welcome New Members - Sept 2019 Edition

Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>
 

Hello CD Foundation Collaborators,

Please help me in sending a warm welcome to our newest members:
  • Dell Boomi
The Continuous Delivery Foundation is growing, and we look forward to new opportunities to create DevOps innovation, and support practitioners with an open and thriving ecosystem.

Best,
--
Dan Lopez
The Linux Foundation
+1 415.735.5881


Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Yoav Landman
 

+1 binding.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 9:26 PM Andy Glover via Lists.Cd.Foundation <aglover=netflix.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding. 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:07 PM Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. Very happy to see this going and looking forward to the next steps.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.


Re: Call for action for TOC members: check your GitHub notification setup!

Tara Hernandez
 

Oh geez, thanks for the reminder!  I wasn't watching either.  


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:25 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
This is a friendly reminder for the fellow TOC members.

In the last TOC meeting, Fatih Degirmenci raised a flag that PRs filed to the cdfoundation/toc repo went unnoticed for a couple of weeks. That obviously wouldn't create an impression of a welcoming community.

I checked my GitHub notification setup, and sure enough, I was not subscribed to the repository, so I wasn't getting any notifications from our TOC repo. I'm sure many of us have the same problem --- either you've disabled auto-watch in GitHub, or created an email filter rule to send GitHub notifications to the equivalent of /dev/null.

So please take this opportunity to inspect your notification/filter rules so that you get notified of an activitiy in the TOC repo.

Thanks!
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: Proposal: roadmap WG

Tara Hernandez
 

This looks like a great start, thanks so much for getting us going on this!

:)

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 6:11 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:
As per the discussion in the last TOC meeting, I created a proposal for a WG to brainstorm the "roadmap" ideas.

Tara, I hope this captures the essence of what we discussed.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud




Re: [VOTE] Security SIG

Andy Glover
 

+1 binding. 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:07 PM Michael Winser via Lists.Cd.Foundation <michaelwinser=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 non binding. Very happy to see this going and looking forward to the next steps.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding


On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Kay Williams via Lists.Cd.Foundation <kayw=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

+ 1 non-binding. :-)  Thanks everyone!

 

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:51 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] [VOTE] Security SIG

 

And here's my binding +1.

 

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:50 PM Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kk@...> wrote:

My sense is that everyone seems very happy with the Security SIG proposal as I havent' seen any further comments for a while.

 

The full proposal can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/26

 

Only the TOC members have the binding votes, but I'd love to also see non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support. As per our process definition, this vote requires the majority of the binding votes to pass.

 

Thanks to Kay Williams for patiently driving this process and paving the way for more SIGs that will follow!
--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi


 

--

Kohsuke Kawaguchi



--
Tara Hernandez
Engineering Manager Google Cloud





--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.


Proposal: roadmap WG

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
 

As per the discussion in the last TOC meeting, I created a proposal for a WG to brainstorm the "roadmap" ideas.

Tara, I hope this captures the essence of what we discussed.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

621 - 640 of 846