Date

Re: [VOTE] Screwdriver.cd

Avi Kessner

+1 non binding.
I saw the screwdriver presentation and it looked really impressive. After the fundamentals are agreed upon I think it could be a great asset.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019, 14:37 Andy Glover via Lists.Cd.Foundation <aglover=netflix.com@...> wrote:
I am a -1. We (the CDF TOC) haven't (yet) formalized an interoperability plan/strategy for the existing member projects. I think we should clarify how all these projects fit together for the benefit of end users before accepting new projects. I think Screwdriver is interesting and we could all learn from that community, but I'd love to defer adding it (or other projects) until we have a clear story for the founding projects.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 12:07 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
The screwdriver.cd project has been formally proposed for inclusion in the CDF. The proposal information can be found here: https://github.com/cdfoundation/toc/pull/22

And the team's presentation to the TOC can be found here.

Dan Lorenc

--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering

Re: [VOTE] Working Groups and SIGs

Rick

+1 non-binding

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 5:38 AM Andy Glover via Lists.Cd.Foundation <aglover=netflix.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 12:09 PM Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation <dlorenc=google.com@...> wrote:
The working group and SIG process proposal is ready for a vote. The full proposal can be found here:

Dan Lorenc

--
Andrew Glover
Director of Delivery Engineering
Netflix, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Working Groups and SIGs

Andy Glover

[...]

Kay Williams <kayw@...>

Got it. Thanks. :-)

+1 non-binding

From: Rosalie <rosalie.bartlett@...>
Date: Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 9:38 AM
Subject: Screwdriver preso slides - Thank you!
To: Dan Lopez <dlopez@...>

Thank you again!

Rosalie

TOC meeting tomorrow

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Tomorrow 4pm GMT/9am PT is our TOC regular TOC meeting:

https://zoom.us/my/cdf.toc

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: CDF Working Groups Proposal

Dan Lorenc <dlorenc@...>

Hey All,

I've made the requested followup edits to the WGs proposal to include SIGs. Please take a look and leave feedback before our next TOC meeting here:

Dan Lorenc

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 1:48 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:
Yeah, let's fork this topic, and would love to nerd out on this!

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 6:27 AM Andrew Phillips via Lists.Cd.Foundation <anph+cdf=google.com@...> wrote:
> "Deployment" is pretty broad, I worry that such a group would be working with a LOT of conditionals, e.g. on-prem vs cloud, service vs. serverless, maybe even baremetal vs. VM/Container (sadly probably still pretty common).

For deployment, would it make sense to initially focus on the domain model (i.e. what information a deployment task would need as input, what it might produce as output, and other concepts, e.g. a notion of environments, that might be required) rather than the actual implementation of deployment tasks themselves?

Happy to fork this off into a separate discussion as it seems tangential to this thread...

Regards

ap

--
Tara Hernandez