Date

cdCon 2022 Update: Jan 11

Roxanne Joncas

Dear CDF Community,

Every week, I’ll share an update about cdCon 2022 (happening June 7-8 in Austin, Texas and virtual) including what’s happening behind the scenes and what’s important for you.

Call for Papers

The Call for Papers is now open! Submit your talk

Share the CFP news on social media (Retweet or LinkedIn Share)

Important Dates:

  • Early-Bird Submission Deadline: January 28 at 11:59 PM PST

  • Early-Birds Announced: February 14

  • Call for Papers Closes: February 18 at 11:59 PM PST

  • Speakers Notified: Week of March 21

  • Schedule Announced: Week of March 28

  • cdCon: June 7 - 8, 2022

Registration

Early-Bird Registration rates are now available until April 8, 2022. Register Now

Sponsorships

  • Welcome Armory as a cdCon Platinum & Diversity Scholarship sponsor!

  • Welcome CloudSmith as cdCon Gold & Lanyard sponsor!

  • We are sold out of Platinum-level sponsors!

  • 3 additional contracts are out for signature

  • Contracts signed before Jan 31 receive a 10% discount

Ask us about Diamond, Gold, Silver and Bronze tiers & add ons via email at events@...

View the Sponsorship Prospectus (PDF)

Have a great week!

Roxanne

--
Roxanne Joncas

Re: VOTE: Membership request from the CD Events project

Jason Hall <jasonhall@...>

+1 binding

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 7:16 PM Peng QL Li <lplpli@...> wrote:

+ 1 binding

Regards

Peng Li

From: <cdf-toc@...> on behalf of Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...>
Date: Friday, November 26, 2021 at 10:32 PM
To: cdf-toc <cdf-toc@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [cdf-toc] VOTE: Membership request from the CD Events project

Dear all, At yesterday's CDF Technical Oversight Committee meeting we decided to initiate voting for official status of the CD Events specification as an incubating project within the CDF. Andrea Frittoli and Steven Taylor presented CD ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Dear all,

At yesterday's CDF Technical Oversight Committee meeting we decided to initiate voting for official status of the CD Events specification as an incubating project within the CDF. Andrea Frittoli and Steven Taylor presented CD Events to the TOC, and they also act as TOC sponsors. I am also happy to support this project. Here are the links to the key information:

During the conversation at the CDF TOC meeting, there were several key questions asked:

  • What is the roadmap for CD Events? The Project Lifecycle requirements don't require an incubating project to have an explicit roadmap. It is required only for the graduated project. At the meeting we agreed that it's important for candidate number projects or to have a clear roadmap, and it will be added to the requirement checklist for future projects
  • Will acceptance to the CDF mean the CDEvents specification is finalized (a.k.a 1.0 not)? No, it is quite the opposite. Joining the CDF allows to get more feedback and participation from users and potential adopters. There will be no immediate release of 1.0 specification, and it will be explicitly clarified on the roadmap
  • How the relations between SIG Events and CD Events will evolve further? The project will start from the governing body being represented by the CDF Events SIG. Then a new governance model will be introduced based on the CDF recommendations and the community around the new project

On behalf of the technical oversight committee, I would like to thank all participants of the Events SIG that worked on this specification and the reference implementations. I would also like to thank all projects, contributors and companies who declared their intent to adopt the specification before 1.0. I am happy to cast my binding +1 vote for this proposal.

Best regards, Oleg Nenashev

CDF TOC Chair

Jenkins/Dynatrace/Keptn

Re: VOTE: Membership request from the CD Events project

Alois Reitbauer <a.reitbauer@...>

+1 non-binding. Looking forward to merge with Keptn events in the months to come.

// Alois

On 26.11.2021, at 15:31, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:

[...]

Oleg Nenashev

Dear all,

Based on many +1 votes and absence of negative feedback or unaddressed concerns, I think we can conclude the voting. Please welcome CD Events to the Continuous Delivery Foundation as an incubating project! Thanks to all CD Events SIG contributors for driving it!

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
CDF TOC Chair
Jenkins/Dynatrace/Keptn

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 6:33 PM Oleg Nenashev via lists.cd.foundation <o.v.nenashev=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Dear all,

We have 6 binding votes in different threads. It's a majority needed for accepting the project. Taking the general support from the CDF TOC meeting participants and the CD Events SIG, I intend to proceed with calling the vote completed on Dec 01, noon UTC if there is no major concerns requiring additional review by the TOC. Any feedback will be appreciated!

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

From: <cdf-toc@...> on behalf of Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...>
Date: Friday, November 26, 2021 at 10:32 PM
To: cdf-toc <cdf-toc@...>

[...]

Peng QL Li

+ 1 binding

Regards

Peng Li

From: <cdf-toc@...> on behalf of Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...>
Date: Friday, November 26, 2021 at 10:32 PM
To: cdf-toc <cdf-toc@...>

[...]

Andrea Frittoli

+1 binding

On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 14:32, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
[...]

Melissa McKay

+1 binding

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021, 7:37 AM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
[...]

Jay Smith <jay@...>

+1 non-binding

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 6:32 AM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
[...]

Dan Lorenc <lorenc.d@...>

+1 binding!

Re: VOTE: Membership request from the CD Events project

Kara de la Marck

+ 1 non-binding

Re: VOTE: Membership request from the CD Events project

TracyRagan

+1 non-binding for me. Glad to see this getting off the ground.

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 10:00 AM Oliver Nocon via lists.cd.foundation <oliver.nocon=sap.com@...> wrote:

+1 non-binding

[...]

Kind Regards,

Tracy Ragan
CEO and Co-Founder / DeployHub / tel: + 1.505.424.6440/ mob: +1.505.780.0558
Follow me on: Blog / Twitter Facebook / LinkedIn / YouTube / GitHub
We make microservices easy.

Re: VOTE: Membership request from the CD Events project

Oliver Nocon

+1 non-binding

[...]

Fatih Degirmenci

+1 binding.

I'm very happy to see cdEvents reach this point and I want to thank everyone who put effort into this.

/Fatih

On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 15:32, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: CDF Landscape Working Group meeting

Kara de la Marck

Hi all,

Doodle poll results are in and the most popular time is this Friday, 12 November at 11:00 - 12:00 EST.

Please see the calendar meeting on the CDF Public Calendar.

The CDF landscape WG meeting is a public meeting open to all. Please invite additional interested parties.

I don't have everyone's emails, so apologies to those who responded to the poll and were not on the meeting invite.

We look forward to discussing the CDF landscape and its categories with you this Friday at 11:00 EST!

Kind regards,

Kara de la Marck
Continuous Delivery Foundation

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 2:33 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
Sure, thank you for the clarification!

On Tue, 9 Nov 2021, 18:05 Kara de la Marck, <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
Hi Oleg, The CDF Landscape Working Group will be structured to be a focused discussion on the overall CDF landscape categorisation, as well as the sub-categories that should be added or changed. We want interested individuals to go into the weeds on this, in a focused way. The TOC meeting is not the appropriate forum for this discussion; however, we welcome all TOC members' input and feedback on the CDF landscape!

If you are not able to attend the Landscape WG meetings, please do contribute to the discussion on changes to the CDF landscape categories by adding issues on commenting on them.

Best wishes,

Kara de la Marck
Continuous Delivery Foundation

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 10:40 AM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenashev@...> wrote:
Hi, thanks for driving it! Do we actually need a separate meeting for that? Maybe we could just use one of the TOC sessions including the today's one

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 3:37 PM Kara de la Marck <kdelamarck@...> wrote:
Hi all,

TLDR: Please choose when you are available for the first CDF Landscape Working Group meeting on this Doodle poll.

The CDF community has been hard at work updating the CDF landscape! You can read more about how to get involved here.

We have kicked off a discussion on changes to the landscape categories and are now organising the initial meeting for a Working Group (WG) on the CDF Landscape and its Categories. We will be considering the issues raised for discussion and their implementation. If you would like to be involved in this discussion, which will lead to changes on the CDF landscape and its categories, please do join us in the landscape WG.

Please choose the times when you are available to meet on this Doodle poll.

We are organising the first meeting of the landscape WG at this time; we will iterate from there. If you can't make the meeting, please do join the discussion on the issues.

We look forward to your continued input on the CDF Landscape!

Kind regards,

Kara de la Marck

1 - 20 of 767