Re: CDF Working Groups Proposal

Kay Williams <kayw@...>

Hi everyone, I have created a draft proposal for a Security SIG. You can find the proposal at the link below.  I have also included it as a link in Dan’s Working Groups Proposal document. Comments are most welcome.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QHD628FJ4s9lyWtPUtzdTr2fbmnhyuB_908cfsJzDqU/edit?usp=sharing

From: cdf-toc@... <cdf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Dan Lorenc via Lists.Cd.Foundation
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 11:38 PM
To: cdf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cdf-toc] CDF Working Groups Proposal

Hey All,

I've made the requested followup edits to the WGs proposal to include SIGs. Please take a look and leave feedback before our next TOC meeting here:

Dan Lorenc

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 1:48 AM Tara Hernandez via Lists.Cd.Foundation <tarahernandez=google.com@...> wrote:

Yeah, let's fork this topic, and would love to nerd out on this!

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 6:27 AM Andrew Phillips via Lists.Cd.Foundation <anph+cdf=google.com@...> wrote:

> "Deployment" is pretty broad, I worry that such a group would be working with a LOT of conditionals, e.g. on-prem vs cloud, service vs. serverless, maybe even baremetal vs. VM/Container (sadly probably still pretty common).

For deployment, would it make sense to initially focus on the domain model (i.e. what information a deployment task would need as input, what it might produce as output, and other concepts, e.g. a notion of environments, that might be required) rather than the actual implementation of deployment tasks themselves?

Happy to fork this off into a separate discussion as it seems tangential to this thread...

Regards

ap

--

Tara Hernandez